Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Old menu for the record only

Previous menu FOR THE RECORD ONLY (see post 1 for the current menu).

Entered service 20 June 2014 - retired from service 16 July 2014

First Courses

Soup of the Day
Please ask your host for today's choice of summer soup, served with freshly baked breads.

South Coast Mackerel
Fresh Mackerel filet on cucumber toast, with beetroot and tomato salsa.

Ham Hock and Pea Terrine
With traditional Stokes mustard piccalilli and a pea shoot salad.

Mains

BA Burger
Made with Birchstead mature 21 day aged beef and service in a glazed bun with twice cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like the addition of back bacon or Emmental cheese.

Concorde Roast (please allow 15 minutes from order)
Roasted rump of British lamb served with baby new potatoes, sugar snap peas, broad beans and watercress, with smoked paprika oil.

Sea Bream
Pan fried fillet of sea bream, served on a spicy tomato and black olive orzo pasta and finished with herb butter.

Hot smoked Salmon Caesar
Crisp lettuce tossed in Caesar dressing, topped with a soft boiled free-range egg, croutons, shaved Italian cheese and Severn and Wye hot smoked salmon.

English Asparagus
Steamed asparagus with a soft poached free-range egg and sautéed chestnut mushrooms.

Smoked Chicken Club Sandwich
A triple decker sandwich of Scottish smoked chicken breast, home sugar cured bacon, tomato leaves and mayonnaise, served wtih your choice of side: twice cooked chips, green salad or horseradish coleslaw.

Puddings and Cheese

Chocolate tart with Salted Caramel,
Served with crushed meringue

Summer Pudding
A traditional English treat, served with Cornish clotted cream and a fresh berry compote.

Cheeses
Somerset Camembert, Coastal Cheddar, Bleu d'Auvergne - with Apples and Somerset cider brandy chutney and Bath Oliver biscuits.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a new CCR menu unveiled last week, I've updated the initial post to give the new menu, which features duck (replacing the lamb) and a number of dishes which fully represents the lovely weather we are having at the moment. A few comments if I may:

Firstly this is a very seasonal, very British (overlooking the watermelon) showcase of what the CCR can offer. FTers can take some credit, for their suggestions, with the way CCR catering is now provided, I can assure you that the comments raised in this board are actively followed and that the management try very hard to respond to feedback.

This is shown by the fact that the menu will now change more regularly, with just a few item changes each time, and features the best of British - bearing in mind most users are not from the UK. The menu will also be more closely related to the season. For example, the last menu featured steamed asparagus, a very good dish it was too but English asparagus is now out of season and so it's quite right to drop it.

Secondly, the CCR food is now at a level where I would pay cash to use it. In fact my big regret is that there isn't a restaurant near where I live that offers this sort of menu. It knocks the socks of the CX Wing, for example and gives Qantas SYD and MEL First a run for their money (while accepting that they are all more equivalent to Flounge to some degree).

Well done to the staff and management of CCR.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well done to the staff and management of CCR.
Indeed. This seems all positive stuff, especially if the seasonality is helping with sourcing a quality product.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
thanks for posting the update CWS.

shame I missed the lamb (was only there for breakfasts) which I was looking forward to trying but hopefully the duck will also be good. Does that have a "15 mins wait" associated with it like the roasts had?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1979
shame I missed the lamb (was only there for breakfasts) which I was looking forward to trying but hopefully the duck will also be good. Does that have a "15 mins wait" associated with it like the roasts had?
No it doesn't have a 15 minute wait on it, I've only left off allergy information from the menu.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
It only lasted a day last time so I'm glad to see eff is back on the menu.

Eggs Royale
English muffin topped with poached eff and smoked salmon, finished with Hollandise sauce
[Sorry for being so nit-picky, twice. I should have become a sub-editor for a newspaper. The CCR updates are appreciated. Many thanks for them.]
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
Have just tried the duck, after getting over the devastation of the lamb being replaced It was, sadly, very over cooked, to the point of being dry and chewy, and the fenel was over pickled. Also, I'm not really sure what place the rasberries had on the plate! It just didn't feel particularly well balanced, like some of the ingredients were added to make it look pretty, rather to add flavour. On the plus side, the ham hock was delicious and the chutney seemed softer and more flavoursome this time. A

About to try the cheese cake. Will report back soon!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Have just tried the duck, after getting over the devastation of the lamb being replaced It was, sadly, very over cooked, to the point of being dry and chewy, and the fenel was over pickled. Also, I'm not really sure what place the rasberries had on the plate! It just didn't feel particularly well balanced, like some of the ingredients were added to make it look pretty, rather to add flavour. On the plus side, the ham hock was delicious and the chutney seemed softer and more flavoursome this time. A

About to try the cheese cake. Will report back soon!
I was similarly slightly disappointed by the duck on Sunday, and also perplexed by the raspberries. The cheesecake is very nice though ^ Nearly had another portion.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Have just tried the duck, after getting over the devastation of the lamb being replaced ...
Yes, the lamb was very good. I was rather saddened to see that go so quickly!

I'm not a duck fan ... except for the chinese variety!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:28 am

Cheese cake was good. Still upset by the duck...
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Cheese cake was good. Still upset by the duck...
Have a few cocktails to drown those sorrows!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:22 am

Don't be silly, you know I'm t-total. Honest!!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Surprised about the duck comments. I had it x2 and it was delicious.
Cheesecake was awful though, biscuit base was soggy as it had been sitting in sauce for too long.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:38 pm

Maybe I was just unlucky. Were you in there today?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
I also had a delicious duck on the way home from Farnborough about two weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.