FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:07 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a new CCR menu unveiled last week, I've updated the initial post to give the new menu, which features duck (replacing the lamb) and a number of dishes which fully represents the lovely weather we are having at the moment. A few comments if I may:

Firstly this is a very seasonal, very British (overlooking the watermelon) showcase of what the CCR can offer. FTers can take some credit, for their suggestions, with the way CCR catering is now provided, I can assure you that the comments raised in this board are actively followed and that the management try very hard to respond to feedback.

This is shown by the fact that the menu will now change more regularly, with just a few item changes each time, and features the best of British - bearing in mind most users are not from the UK. The menu will also be more closely related to the season. For example, the last menu featured steamed asparagus, a very good dish it was too but English asparagus is now out of season and so it's quite right to drop it.

Secondly, the CCR food is now at a level where I would pay cash to use it. In fact my big regret is that there isn't a restaurant near where I live that offers this sort of menu. It knocks the socks of the CX Wing, for example and gives Qantas SYD and MEL First a run for their money (while accepting that they are all more equivalent to Flounge to some degree).

Well done to the staff and management of CCR.