Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Scallops and crab cake were delicious. And being Scottish I'm pretty fussy about scallops - ask Filthy Monkey about my strop in Maui when they served scallops with truffle oil!!!!

The beef mignon was fantastic as well. I had a wee nibble and it was sensational. So tender.
Yes, I have to agree, the beef was amazing. One of the most tender cuts I've enjoyed for a long time, and cooked to perfection! Oh, and yes, Mr Stroppy Pants did kick off in Maui about his scallops, which meant that, in addition to my own plate, I got to eat half of his
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Genius1
They need to print some new cocktail menus! Creased, dirty and crumpled is not a befitting look for the CCR (and that applies to pax too ).
Oi I resemble that remark.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
... I might have the beef mignon myself
An excellent choice, had that a few times in recent weeks and it is one of the better dishes I've had in a long time in the JFK CCR.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
I would rather they cleaned the floor than cleaned the menus.
They should do both - a dirty floor and dirty menus are not acceptable.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL&CCR)
Was in the CCR yesterday and although not there as frequently as some, I really felt the entire place could do with a revamp. The sofas all seemed to be worn and tattered with sagging cushions (I know as have just replaced mine at home after 7 years); the loos were so old and non 'first class' I felt like I was on an old British Rail train; the burger was totally inedible - it was like a round brick. I could barely cut it with my knife. Am not sure this place gives the best impression of BA. The staff were doing their best but am sure there is little they can do. It does seem like spending some money on First Class passengers would really make a difference in turning an unpleasant waiting room into a cool lounge.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I have no idea why people persist in ordering the burger after all the bad reviews it gets.

Just say no!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by Quin
Was in the CCR yesterday and although not there as frequently as some, I really felt the entire place could do with a revamp. The sofas all seemed to be worn and tattered with sagging cushions (I know as have just replaced mine at home after 7 years); the loos were so old and non 'first class' I felt like I was on an old British Rail train; the burger was totally inedible - it was like a round brick. I could barely cut it with my knife. Am not sure this place gives the best impression of BA. The staff were doing their best but am sure there is little they can do. It does seem like spending some money on First Class passengers would really make a difference in turning an unpleasant waiting room into a cool lounge.
I agree. If they replaced the tatty sofas, and invested in a ewbank that was used when people got up (leaving half their dinner on the floor around them), it would be a huge improvement.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:17 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
I agree. If they replaced the tatty sofas, and invested in a ewbank that was used when people got up (leaving half their dinner on the floor around them), it would be a huge improvement.
Two of the sofas on the terrace disapeared a few weeks ago.

Perhaps they've been sent off to be re-upholstered?

bjorns
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
First CCR visit on my own since I got the card. Ham hock was nice, now just about to have the club sandwich. All with some lpgs.

That looks very nice and appertising , hope it tasted as good as it looks, glad to see the glass slightly hidden of LPGS, that always goes down well with a club sandwich, mark you still like the chicken club sandwich at SYD F^
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Genius1
They need to print some new cocktail menus! Creased, dirty and crumpled is not a befitting look for the CCR (and that applies to pax too ).
OMG did LOL at the last comment
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by BA5E
That looks very nice and appertising , hope it tasted as good as it looks, glad to see the glass slightly hidden of LPGS, that always goes down well with a club sandwich, mark you still like the chicken club sandwich at SYD F^
Eugh. That looks ful of carbs, fat, cholestorol and calories.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA5E
It was pretty good, and nicely filling as well. The only minor point was that the bread was toasted and a bit dry so a little hard on the gums, but overall pretty good. I must admit it had a few glasses of lpgs that afternoon
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:50 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
the bread was toasted and a bit dry so a little hard on the gums
Did you forget to put your dentures back in?

bjorns
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
It seems to me that I've the honour once again to introduce you to a new CCR menu, this time for the JFK lounge. Since last week, a new menu has been in place, here you go:

Will try to upload some nice meal pics later and give some feedback on the new offering...
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
It seems to me that I've the honour once again to introduce you to a new CCR menu, this time for the JFK lounge. Since last week, a new menu has been in place, here you go: ...
How disappointing, I was looking forward to having the filet mignon again tomorrow evening

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.