Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by chris1979
when I had input on project names many years ago, I would name them after Shakespeare plays. Project Tempest didn't get off to a great start though....

(apols, I should really be using multi-quote thingymetthing than all separate posts. having a slow (brain wise) Saturday).
The Commodores nearly named themselves the Commodes using the dictionary method and I was later told that a Project Leaper had nearly been Project Leper until someone with sense (and possibly a GCSE in English) had intervened
Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

... (apols, I should really be using multi-quote thingymetthing than all separate posts. having a slow (brain wise) Saturday).
... and sticking to the subject: CCR Menu
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't take the butler on short haul flights with me (though would come in handy when doing this HBO stuff which I survived again yesterday) and no, didn't take pic of the 2nd page as didn't think I could ever possibly beat you to news when it comes to CCR.
I shall rumble you and point out that "this HBO stuff" was for a trip of 2880 minutes.....

Never mind, if perhaps Jimmie76 could venture over to the carbohydrate side of the menu, that would be much appreciated!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Loads of Telegraphs there yesterday....
Thanks, our Heroine of the Skies will be pleased.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I shall rumble you and point out that "this HBO stuff" was for a trip of 2880 minutes.....

Never mind, if perhaps Jimmie76 could venture over to the carbohydrate side of the menu, that would be much appreciated!
I'll be there for Breakfast, but I'll get as much as I can photographed through my ageing Blackberry.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
At least I made you laugh / cry (I hope the former) yesterday. And in case others are as 'unused' to "this HBO stuff" as me, one can take razors (like proper ones with sharp blades) through security in one's hand luggage these days.

And, your tip of putting cables into a separate bag (I am actually using the 'female' CW Bag that I won in Jersey courtesy of Uncle T for that) has worked well so far.

And to stop KARFA from worrying, all ok so far on the deodorant front.

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I'll be there for Breakfast, but I'll get as much as I can photographed through my ageing Blackberry.
I shall be there on Tuesday and can take pics of any remaining menu pages (and/or food items that you aren't covering) as well then.

Happy Flying.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

picture of the desert page taken last night as requested.

my colleague and I both had the steak again last night and it was much thicker last night than on Friday (when I took the picture) which made it even better (I had assumed it was meant to be waver (ish) thin).

no puds for us last night so no new pic of the food as we had a work dinner to attend at the other end.

It was quite fun / interesting seeing the experience through his eyes (he loved it - compared it to a gentleman's club) as he's a blue (though likes flying and airlines and BAEC) so was completely new. he will be teasing my boss today as my boss flies very hard (weekly commute) to just maintain Gold and he wishes he could be an FTer and has never been to GGL (and there's all sorts of cheeky banter between us about it all).

happy flying
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: GGL
The T5 CCR food is embarrassingly poor. Like (I suspect most?) I don't visit the restaurant when ticketed long haul, as flight times work for dining on board; lunch (westbound) or dinner (south and east). The restaurant only comes into play on (rare) European flights when deploying the card.

En route to Madrid a couple of weeks ago, for what is developing into a traditional August gathering, I had guested a friend into the CCR. This might be a subject worthy of its own thread: he is a Qantas boy, and on all joint travel with either BA or QF I seem to be on the receiving end of passive smugness in the superiority of QF.

Back in the CCR restaurant, a short time after ordering, he is told that they have run out of duck, and that although the rest of the dish would be the same "the duck now comes from a cow". It then arrived suspiciously quickly, was luke-warm and barely edible. The sea bream arriving some 5 minutes later was little better. The last time we had dined together in an airport was the new QF lounge at SIN.

What is so difficult about producing a relatively small number of covers with freshly prepared food off a limited menu?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I was hoping to be the first to post the new JFK CCR menu but Frequent_Flyer1 beat me to it last week

Anyway, since I took some photos, and also roped my sister and her partner in taking photos of their food, here they are:

I thought this was very tasty.

Eaten as a starter, it is a bit weird to have a soup listed for a starter and another soup listed for the main course.

Beef was a little over cooked for me, I asked for medium rare but it was more medium. My sister's partner asked for the same but his was not overcooked.

Sister had this and liked it.

Very lemony and very nice as a dessert

Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Looks good, thanks for the pictures KARFA ^
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:07 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
One thing to add, concerning the new breakfast menu.

The omelette has disapeared from the menu, but I could still order one on Monday.

bjorns
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Old menu for the record only

For the record only, this was the July menu, post 1 has the updated menu.

Rest of the day

From 12 Noon until Close.

Starters /light dishes

Soup of the day
Ask your host for today's choice of summer soups, served with freshly baked bread.

Ham hock and pea terrine
With traditional Stokes mustard piccalilli and a pea shoot salad.

Potted prawns
Spice with mace and Tabasco, and served with walnut bread.

Mains

BA Burger
Made with Birchstead mature 21 day aged beef and served in a glazed bun with twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like the addition of back bacon or Emmental cheese.

Duck breast
Seared duck breast, sweet potato purée, grazed green beans, pickled fennel and raspberries.

Sea bream
Pan-fried fillet of sea bream served on a spicy tomato and black olive orzo pasta, and finished with herb butter.

Hot smoked Salmon Caesar
Crisp lettuce tossed in Ceasar dressing, topped with a soft-boiled free-range egg, croutons, shaved Italian cheese, and Severn & Wye hot-smoked salmon.

Watermelon and feta
A light summer salad with spinach, pomegranate and mint, finished with elderflower dressing.

Smoked Chicken Club Sandwich
A triple decker sandwich of Scottish smoked chicken breast, home sugar-cured bacon, tomato leaves and mayonnaise, served with your choice of side: twice-cooked chips, green salad, horseradish coleslaw.

Puddings and cheese

Vanilla cheesecake
On a biscuit base with chocolate black cherries, and candied lemon zest.

Summer pudding
A traditional English treat, served with Cornish clotted cream and a fresh berry compote.

Cheeses

Somerset Camembert
Coastal Stilton
Bleu d'Auvergne
Tournegus

served with apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and Bath Oliver biscuits.
I notice that there seems an over-purchase in the lemon ordering department in JFK CCR, they are trying to shift a lot of them.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:53 am

I am currently in the LHR CCR and it looks like changes to the menu are afoot.

One of the staff members is prepping new menus and I will try and get a peak at them before I have to leave for my flight.

The new menu, pg1:

pg2:

Last edited by awarty; Sep 19, 2014 at 4:12 am Reason: Added new menu
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:23 am

thanks for posting awarty.

I enjoyed the previous steak (the 'garni') so am looking forward to trying the rib-eye next week (which feels like an evolution / potential improvement in terms of thickness of the steak - with the same garnish).

the vanilla desert looks nice as well.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
thanks for posting awarty.

I enjoyed the previous steak (the 'garni') so am looking forward to trying the rib-eye next week (which feels like an evolution / potential improvement in terms of thickness of the steak - with the same garnish).

the vanilla desert looks nice as well.
Wasn't the Steak Garni a rib-eye? I think it's only the name that has changed there. The steak is good, tasty and tender ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.