Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
What is it with BA and steak ? Why can't they be just a little more imaginative..?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Oh, now I'm really curious what those changes are, you really keep us on suspense! I think I might have to ask the staff on Monday then...
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away ... ...
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by bafan
What is it with BA and steak ? Why can't they be just a little more imaginative..?
The steak is good! Very tasty, very tender.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I can vouch for that, having tried it this afternoon! Yum yum
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
They won't cook a steak below medium?! Why bother offering it? Is this some health and safety nonsense? I have no trouble getting a blue steak at any decent London restaurant.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jmc1K
They won't cook a steak below medium?! Why bother offering it? Is this some health and safety nonsense? I have no trouble getting a blue steak at any decent London restaurant.
Perhaps there are different cooking standards for horse meat.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:38 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But yes there is a new menu today, and there are further very big changes to both CCR and Flounge over the next 2 months. One aspect of the Flounge changes will go down very, very well indeed. And another which I predict to be controversial!
Oh you tease.

Unfortunately this kind of comments makes me fear for the champagne bar, the menu and the buffet.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by jmc1K
They won't cook a steak below medium?! Why bother offering it? Is this some health and safety nonsense? I
This is the land of mad cow and prions, no?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away ... ...
Well, I still have my hopes on the "giving" part of it...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
As I understood it cooking doesn't change the risk.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
As I understood it cooking doesn't change the risk.
The infectious prions are not fully denatured by heat until they reach about 600 degrees Celsius. I leave it to SFO777 to assert his steak was cooked at that temperature ...
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: American, United, Alaska, IHG Gold, Amtrak
After reading the threads about both the Flounge and CCR and never seeing either as a F class passenger and LHR /BA novice what can I expect in the way of a dress code in this exclusive space? Is it anything goes like the US or is one expected to arrive in Coat and Tie? I always like to know before I go.... Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by 4jaded
After reading the threads about both the Flounge and CCR and never seeing either as a F class passenger and LHR /BA novice what can I expect in the way of a dress code in this exclusive space? Is it anything goes like the US or is one expected to arrive in Coat and Tie? I always like to know before I go.... Thanks
To fit in the Flounge you really have to be white, middle aged and wearing a suit or at least a shirt or you will look a bit out of place. I hear there are costume stores and make-up you can apply if this is an issue for you.

The CCR is really a free for all. Last time I was in there was some kind of inner city Miami juvenile street gang (or possibly a hip hop group), a 5'11'' teenage Russian model and either her American grandfather or sugar daddy and an obese Indian man in an expensive suit with his equally well dressed sister.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
To fit in the Flounge you really have to be white, middle aged and wearing a suit or at least a shirt or you will look a bit out of place. I hear there are costume stores and make-up you can apply if this is an issue for you.

The CCR is really a free for all. Last time I was in there was some kind of inner city Miami juvenile street gang (or possibly a hip hop group), a 5'11'' teenage Russian model and either her American grandfather or sugar daddy and an obese Indian man in an expensive suit with his equally well dressed sister.
Rather funny, and well said!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by 4jaded
Dress how you like, if possible I de-suit and dress for comfort. You see all sorts in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.