Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Sitting in the temporary SN-lounge in BRU, client forgot our conf.call, so a little bit bored - here we go with the update about the new CCR JFK menu:

New Jersey Corn Soup - The presentation could be a little bit better , taste was fine but in the end unremarkable; the crab cakes of the last menu were definitely better. Furthermore I do find it's a bit weird that there are now two soup on the menu, one as a starter and one as the - well - soup option.

Grass Fed New York Sirloin - please note that I did substitute the tomatoes, the basil salad and the glace with the risotto.

Risotto - just one word: exceptional! Very tasty, very creamy, simply perfect! I liked it so much as a side dish to the beef, I had to order a second helping - or we could say, I took one for the team! So for all you guys who are still missing the (mushroom) risotto like I do, here is a dignified replacement. If only it would be an option at LHR!

Raspberry lemon tarts - as I also had some ice cream, I did only take three small raspberry lemon tarts from the "lemon tasting" dessert option. Usually the tarts do come with lemon posset and lemon shortbread cookies.

And well, looking at all pictures I just noticed that one can see the perfect timing of my drinking, finished with dessert
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Not quite sure where this fits, but this thread seems as good a place as any for CCR comments. Have just unjammed one ot the printers in the board (I found the duplexer!) and out has spewed an interesting email from a solicitor at a top law firm. All I can say is that Project Tiger is a go!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: GGLfL
I couldn't get anything to print from the boardroom a few days ago.

Although Project Tiger is not mine, if you see some FGW train tickets/bookings to Abergavenny spewing out of the printer, they are mine.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I visited the JFK CCR last night and whilst I was disappointed the filet mignon was no more I was delighted to see the risotto. Very tasty indeed, I had it as a starter rather than the soups.

The steak was okay, a little chewy in parts. I do hope the risotto returns to the LHR CCR Menu soon.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:58 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by KARFA
Not quite sure where this fits, but this thread seems as good a place as any for CCR comments. Have just unjammed one ot the printers in the board (I found the duplexer!) and out has spewed an interesting email from a solicitor at a top law firm. All I can say is that Project Tiger is a go!
One of the exact scenarios why project names are used for sensitive transactions/programmes!

But printing emails, anywhere in 2014, but on a BA printer of a places, really?!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Ate in CCR yesterday and menu was different from the one in post 1. Namely there was a rib-eye steak 'garni' option and a few other variations:

(apols some are a bit blurry)

menu:

Prawn stater:

Ham and melon starter:

steak (the extra salt on the chips is my doing - not them oversalting it):

desert (I can't remember what they called it - and I wasn't going to have any but the friendly lady told me I must try it)
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chris1979
Ate in CCR yesterday and menu was different from the one in post 1. Namely there was a rib-eye steak 'garni' option and a few other variations:
Thanks chris1979, there was a new menu out on Thursday, and being on the wrong side of the pond I didn't get to see it before it came out. I'll update post 1 later today. CCR is now having a more-or-less monthly menu change to give variety and relate to food seasonality. Very good idea from both a cost and quality perspective!

Did you (or your butler) photo the second page?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53)
One of the exact scenarios why project names are used for sensitive transactions/programmes!

But printing emails, anywhere in 2014, but on a BA printer of a places, really?!
I must admit I am very paper orientated so I print email - don't laugh

There was a lot more detail than project name in this one, but I have no interest in embarrassing the poor guy so I ripped it all up and binned it.

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 23, 2014 at 5:25 am
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just to clarify, new menu is LHR T5 CCR?

Can you ask for the steak rare or is there a food safety issue around that like the burgers?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Will check for the Telegraph in the CCR tomorrow for PG, in between breakfast and having a drink. Why no Eggs Florentine for us VLML folk? If you can do Benedict then why not Florentine?

Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah yes, that takes me back... years ago at a different employer I was quite friendly with a load of people from director level and downwards in the firm. I was talking to someone over lunch who I think was leading the business development team and he had a folder marked Project xxxxxx at the table. I asked how long we had been interested in this other company as a potential purchase and his face blanched and he stopped chewing. He asked how I knew which company as it was top secret and was only in the preliminary stages and that he hadn't told anyone else yet it outside the team and they were all sworn to secrecy. I pointed to his folder and said that his code name for the project was my clue and explained how I had deduced his secret.

He said it was very difficult coming up with names that didn't relate to the other firm, the people involved etc. So I said when you get back to your desk get a dictionary out and let it fall open on a page and pick the first word off the page. Or just pick characters from a TV show and use those. So for the West Wing: Josh, C.J. Toby, Mrs Landingham etc. That way no one will have influenced it subconsciously and it will be far harder if not impossible to guess from the title.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by seaskybound

Can you ask for the steak rare or is there a food safety issue around that like the burgers?
Yes, it is the LHR CCR and yes you can ask for the steak be cooked to whatever temperature you like (no guarantee how it will arrive though!).
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks chris1979, there was a new menu out on Thursday, and being on the wrong side of the pond I didn't get to see it before it came out. I'll update post 1 later today. CCR is now having a more-or-less monthly menu change to give variety and relate to food seasonality. Very good idea from both a cost and quality perspective!

Did you (or your butler) photo the second page?
I don't take the butler on short haul flights with me (though would come in handy when doing this HBO stuff which I survived again yesterday) and no, didn't take pic of the 2nd page as didn't think I could ever possibly beat you to news when it comes to CCR.

I am surprised they implement such change though without your prior approval.

safe journey back.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound

so I said "medium rare" just after I ordered it and the waiter frowned a bit (wasnt sure what that meant). It is actually though a very very flat piece of meat so I am not sure they can really cook it to order (see pic). It was quite tasty though. (I might ask for double portion of chips on Tuesday as ran out of them half-way through the steak).
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Will check for the Telegraph in the CCR tomorrow
Loads of Telegraphs there yesterday....
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Ah yes, that takes me back... years ago at a different employer I was quite friendly with a load of people from director level and downwards in the firm. I was talking to someone over lunch who I think was leading the business development team and he had a folder marked Project xxxxxx at the table. I asked how long we had been interested in this other company as a potential purchase and his face blanched and he stopped chewing. He asked how I knew which company as it was top secret and was only in the preliminary stages and that he hadn't told anyone else yet it outside the team and they were all sworn to secrecy. I pointed to his folder and said that his code name for the project was my clue and explained how I had deduced his secret.

He said it was very difficult coming up with names that didn't relate to the other firm, the people involved etc. So I said when you get back to your desk get a dictionary out and let it fall open on a page and pick the first word off the page. Or just pick characters from a TV show and use those. So for the West Wing: Josh, C.J. Toby, Mrs Landingham etc. That way no one will have influenced it subconsciously and it will be far harder if not impossible to guess from the title.
when I had input on project names many years ago, I would name them after Shakespeare plays. Project Tempest didn't get off to a great start though....

(apols, I should really be using multi-quote thingymetthing than all separate posts. having a slow (brain wise) Saturday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.