Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
That menu looks horrible, everything I liked on the old menu is gone the mozarella and tomato, pork and risotto were always tasty and dependable...(
Very true, but at least the burger survived
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
Thanks for this, will sample it next month.

The allergen information actually seems to work quite well, except 'bacon option includes pork'. H&S gone mad again?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 1:42 pm

I have sampled several of the new summer menu dishes and apart from one minor issue (which you will have to forgive me for not sharing) they were delicious. Initial customer response today was also great.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I'm happy with asparagus and sea bream but will miss the tomato and mozzarella and the risotto.

I am still missing the beetroot salad and the duck from the previous menu too!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I hate to beat a dead horse, but once again not a premium ingredient to be seen.....and why have they kept that inedible roast? The last few tries have been like eating a tire.

Sad to see the pork bellies go.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
I have sampled several of the new summer menu dishes and apart from one minor issue (which you will have to forgive me for not sharing) they were delicious. Initial customer response today was also great.
I am sorry but this is yet another nail in the coffin of the CCR for me, I shall probably start bringing takeout to eat at the bar unless the Flounge food is more appealing.

I do wonder if that isn't the cost saving ulterior motive. Very sad really.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:49 pm

Is it really necessary to give such high prominence to allergens on the menu? The allergen information is bolded after every item.

There must be a more subtle but effective way of displaying it.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Is it really necessary to give such high prominence to allergens on the menu? The allergen information is bolded after every item.

There must be a more subtle but effective way of displaying it.
I believe that EU food labeling requirements that come into force on 13th December now apply to restaurants/canteens etc as well as packaged foods. This requires that alergens "be emphasised through a typeset that clearly distinguishes it from the rest of the list of ingredients, e.g. by means of the font, style or background colour."
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
In the CCR right now, having just enjoyed some very well cooked scrambled eggs and bacon (includes pork).. Menus are clearer and easier to read in the semi-darkness of the CCR.

Now, if there was just one decent newspaper (all broadsheets already all gone - 11.30am - none in GF either) then the CCR would be a reasonable place to be today.

I'll post pics of the breakfast menu as soon as I can

Here we go:

Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:42 am

Sorry LOM but I just think that's a bit dramatic . The menu changes every few weeks, it's not cost saving it's a case of not wanting to bore you to death with the same choices.

The dishes are well put together, beautifully balanced in flavour and fresh. It's a nice summer menu. Of course there will be personal choices and preferences, that's life but it's certainly not a cost cut or even a poorly executed menu (in my humble opinion and I am a rather critical person when it comes to food). I think you should try it before you knock it (oh and roast isn't the same. We have switched to lamb for this season as chef feels the flavour is there now over the beef).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
... (oh and roast isn't the same. We have switched to lamb for this season as chef feels the flavour is there now over the beef).
Excellent, that's good to know. Each time I've had the beef I've found it rather tough, although the flavour was good. The Concorde Roast is now back on my list 👍
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
I believe that EU food labeling requirements that come into force on 13th December now apply to restaurants/canteens etc as well as packaged foods. This requires that alergens "be emphasised through a typeset that clearly distinguishes it from the rest of the list of ingredients, e.g. by means of the font, style or background colour."
Well, it is extraordinary that the allergens are actually given greater prominence on the menu to the dishes themselves.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jmc1K
I hate to beat a dead horse, but once again not a premium ingredient to be seen.....and why have they kept that inedible roast? The last few tries have been like eating a tire.
Well just to re-iterate Adrian's point really: the roast is now lamb (not my lamb yet though!) so altogether a superior product. In terms of cooking it, it is more difficult to get a tough lamb due to the molecular differences between the two animals, and generally it's better suited for mass catering. I've not yet tasted it, or indeed the menu, so unlike some here I shall suspend judgement on the menu until my next visit.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
The starters are what really look ghastly. Mackerel or a ham hock? Did they raid the larder from one of Her Majesty's prisons?

Glad to hear about the change on the roast...hope it is an improvement.

Did we need to be told that bacon contains pork, though?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by jmc1K
The starters are what really look ghastly. Mackerel or a ham hock? Did they raid the larder from one of Her Majesty's prisons?
They don't have to be horrible. Why not try them and report back on how they are?

Did we need to be told that bacon contains pork, though?
It does seem daft but I guess in some countries they have beef bacon so maybe it's an attempt at inclusiveness, rather than for the mass audience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.