Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I think we can all agree that the CCR is not going gourmet anytime soon, but I've settled into a little routine that I rather enjoy of ordering Mac & Cheese from the Flounge as a starter, the pork belly dish with two pork bellies, and cheesecake from the Flounge. It's not a bad meal at all!

Except for my waistline.
Old May 7, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Entry to CCR?

Can anyone advise me whether it is necessary to have the physical card to gain entry (assuming not flying First), or does the boarding pass give enough information? Due to spending too much time in BA's metal tubes this year, my flight from Helsinki on Friday will take me over the 5k TP threshold. Also, does anyone know how long it takes BAEC to recognise this and mail out said card?
Old May 7, 2014, 2:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by brentford77
Can anyone advise me whether it is necessary to have the physical card to gain entry (assuming not flying First), or does the boarding pass give enough information? Due to spending too much time in BA's metal tubes this year, my flight from Helsinki on Friday will take me over the 5k TP threshold. Also, does anyone know how long it takes BAEC to recognise this and mail out said card?
They post out the cards very quickly, within a week or so, plus a letter from that nice Mr. Hillier. However yes you do need the card for ease of access. There is a white binder with a list of members but it only gets updated every few weeks, it has a logic error in it so some members aren't listed, and it's a bit of a flap while they check it out. So the procedure in this situation is to ring the GGL line in West Didsbury (0161 number shown on your Contact box at the bottom of your BAEC profile) and ask them to notify CCR that you are expected. If you can't do that, then they will call the GGL office but you probably want to avoid that. You do need to clear the 5000 hurdle, so 2 or 3 days after the qualifying flight. Congratulations on your imminent elevation to the peerage.
Old May 11, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Had a lovely evening in the CCR yesterday and I've to say, the food was delicious; truly an improvement compared to my visits late last year/earlier this year. ^

As my visits have become more frequent now due to the CCR-Card, overall I'm really looking forward to my time there. Especially based on the current menu as I'm not a fan of this season's buffet option at GF (no, I'm not a fan of the Pork and leek sausages as well as the Steak and ale pies; so it would be off the menu anyway )

My favourite item in the CCR is by far the wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil; it's consistenly great ^ Well done! And for dessert, the Cambridge cream is nice too or the cheesecake from GF! On the other hand, the Concorde Roast is a disappointment more often than not.

Wild mushroom risotto:

Burnt Cambridge Cream with ice cream:
Old May 11, 2014, 3:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
... My favourite item in the CCR is by far the wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil; it's consistenly great ^ Well done! And for dessert, the Cambridge cream is nice too or the cheesecake from GF! On the other hand, the Concorde Roast is a disappointment more often than not ...
I agree with you on all counts, the risotto is also my current favourite although I notice from your photograph that the cheese shavings are missing

Each time I've had the roast I've found it disappointing. The flavour has been fine, but the beef itself has been rather tough. I stopped ordering it a few months back now. Pity, if the meat was tender it would be a good dish.
Old May 11, 2014, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They post out the cards very quickly, within a week or so, plus a letter from that nice Mr. Hillier. However yes you do need the card for ease of access.
Yeah, don't be put off by my case as I've been waiting for the actual card for around 2 months now. For several weeks now they have been wondering why the card has never been sent out automatically (pending & fullfilled, but never dispatched) and it has been escalated internally; my "order exceutive club items" list in my account has gone completely "mad" by now as they tried a manual override But Heureka, one card has been finally posted on Friday 2nd May, so hopefully it should arrive by next week. Fingers crossed!
Old May 11, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I agree with you on all counts, the risotto is also my current favourite although I notice from your photograph that the cheese shavings are missing
Somehow the Grana Padano cheese shavings have been "hiding" under the mushrooms yesterday... already wanted to ask for some additional cheese as it makes the risotto so creamy

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Each time I've had the roast I've found it disappointing. The flavour has been fine, but the beef itself has been rather tough. I stopped ordering it a few months back now. Pity, if the meat was tender it would be a good dish.
Yes, full marks! Stopped ordering it too, in most cases chewy and tough. Even the waitress yesterday admitted that she doesn't recommend it.
Old May 11, 2014, 4:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Somehow the Grana Padano cheese shavings have been "hiding" under the mushrooms yesterday...
That's a relief, the cheese was missing on one of my visits last week and when I couldn't see it on your photo, well, I thought of the 'enhancement' word!

I can now look forward to a nice bowl of it on Tuesday ... with cheese ^
Old May 11, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: Freedom of speech
xxxxx

Last edited by PeasantGate; May 26, 2014 at 10:59 pm
Old May 11, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The OH and I had the beef rump last week and were quite impressed, so perhaps we were lucky or Filthy Monkey was unlucky.

The waiter asked how we wanted the meat prepared and it arrived as requested.

On a more general note, we found the staff were very proactive and keen to assist.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; May 11, 2014 at 10:59 pm
Old May 11, 2014, 7:20 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for the reminder to those who bumped this thread. I was through the CCR a couple of weeks ago, here's some food photos for anyone interested:

Old May 19, 2014, 8:19 pm

Can you order breakfast at any time in the CCR? (or at least around 13:30?)
Old May 20, 2014, 12:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Can you order breakfast at any time in the CCR? (or at least around 13:30?)
Yes you can. Up until about 21 hrs actually. You may have to wait a minute or two for it if things are busy, but they are totally fine about doing it. The menus for breakfast will be put away by then so either memorise the menue above, or ask for them to dig out a copy. They are kept on a shelf below the desk in front of the Concorde Dining Room, so if you ask there it's easy for them to get one for you.
Old May 20, 2014, 7:36 am

Great! It'll be second breakfast for me! Love dose English breakfasts...
Old May 20, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

If you're on a TLV or other late flight, they do clear up quite early. At 2115 the menus were collected up, and from 2130 staff were almost all gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.