Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
even I can't log in to either ba.com exec club or on biz accounts
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Me either - same error message as LTN. I can, however, click the online check in link from my pre departure email for a flight tomorrow successfully but the booking has lost my exec club details.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Chrome and Safari not working for me as well - a pain, as was hoping to book a flight to CDG tomorrow given probable Eurostar disruption...
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Chrome and Safari not working for me as well - a pain, as was hoping to book a flight to CDG tomorrow given probable Eurostar disruption...
The site seems to be working provided you do not access the Executive Club. Enter your Executive Club number and password and the message advises that the site is not responding. Tried to access using Internet Explorer to use Gate 365 but definitely a problem.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA silver
This has been going on far too long. Surprising that they can't fix the website. Should it be do difficult to do so?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Ridiculous this isn't fixed by now. Have been trying to OLCI for my 08:20 tomorrow morning for several hours. I give up. Bed time.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
For me its up and running~!!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
couldnt log in with chrome, have just successfully logged in in IE8
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: bmi ba virgin
Yep, working for me too. Lets hope they have loaded loads of availability for rewards!!! Some hope!!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
although i cant actually bring up any avios flights

'Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.'
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:07 am

We regret to advise that this section of the site is temporarily unavailable.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:58 pm

Still not working for me. Tried Chrome, Safari and IE to cancel a short haul award flight... no dice
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here we go again.

I know, this will come as a shock to most of you, but I booked a BA longhaul ticket in J yesterday. Why? Well, my preferred airline was 75% more expensive, and my second choice was 50% dearer. Indeed, BA offered the lowest price of all. Heck, they were even cheaper than MS! I know, it is almost beyond belief, but MS was more expensive. Only by €10, but still.

As I pay for my tickets out of my own pocket, I figured I would take a chance and save a substantial amount of money. So, how is BA doing so far?

I started with the Android app. Nope, no booking there. Entered the booking number manually. Nope, booking could not be retrieved.

Next stop, ba.com. Logged in with my BAEC number, ended up on the My Executive Club page:

"We can't find any bookings for this account".

What a surprise!

"If you cannot see your booking, please add your booking reference."

OK, worth a try.

"The booking XXX has already been added to your account. However, we are currently not able to display your bookings. You can still view it in Manage My Booking."

Oh, OK, right, so now it somehow suddenly has been added, but they just don't want display it? Take a deep breath, go to MMB.

Hey! Whaddaya know? The reservation is there! Needless to say, I'm first asked for the contact details BA has had for years, Then I'm asked for the API info that BA has had for years. I shall no doubt be asked to provide all those details again at OLCI, on the off chance that the latter works.

Having cleared all these hurdles, I though I might try my hand at picking seats. Worked fine for the first and fourth segments, but for the two others:

"Your e-ticket has not yet been issued, so you cannot choose your seat."

What??? I thought it was called Manage My Booking, not Manage My E-ticket. I've never had this issue before, and why do only two out of four segments require an e-ticket for seat selection?

Wow, off to a good start here. Wonder what else BA has in store for me.

Johan
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I had exactly the same issue with a booking earlier this year - except for the message about the e-ticket not being issued (but mine *had* been issued - is yours still in the pipeline?). I contacted IT support, both via phone and e-mail, but they really weren't interested - and the booking never appeared in my ba.com account. In fairness to them, they were correct in that there was nothing wrong with my booking per se - my seat assignment stuck, and I was able to check in online. They just didn't share my ideas about being able to use ba.com as a travel management tool.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:00 am

why britishairways.com is broken always??

whenever I want to redeem, it is broken or it is quite slow..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.