Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:12 am

Problems booking online

Tried to book a return flight for August '14 with cash and upgrade with Avios online, but failed. Each time payment was being processed, I would get an error message saying that the flight had sold out. Tried numerous strategies including changing browsers and computers, but no success.

Finally, I called and made reservations. The rep said that they frequently have problems, and it was best to book via phone, and that the service fee would be waived.

I also asked about upgrading the outgoing flight online since there were no upgrades available for this leg. The rep again said that it was best to phone since they frequently encounter problems online. If this is the case, what is the best way to check for upgrade availability?

Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to (posting on) FT, larrysz!
Originally Posted by larrysz
If this is the case, what is the best way to check for upgrade availability?
I think that using ba.com to check for availability is still reliable (although you must ignore the map function, which is next to useless), even if proceeding to book is causing you problems.

When you've found availability, you can always phone to complete the upgrade.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:15 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I see the 'MMB' page has been updated to the new website layout. Much nicer and fresher looking.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
BA.com stuck in a loop on booking page

Trying to book flights on BA.com using my iPad

It says it is searching for flights and then comes back to this page every time

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...amp=1012124405

Any help appreciated, it's very annoying
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:15 pm

I had the same problem last night, using a mac and chrome. Unfortunately I didn't work out how to fix it, I just gave up, but it is magically working again for me today. Hang in there? Sorry not to be of more help!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
This is what I am using too, chrome. Will try safari, good to know it's not just me
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I shall be the one who points out this thread, where we shall no doubt be heading anyway:

I actually had this recently and repeatedly with Explorer - I normally don't have so many problems with BA.com, but either clearing cache/cookies or InPrivate (in its various guises) deals with the Cookie Monster.

Otherwise it's over to Emily Maitlis, bring back Paxman.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:20 pm

I had this problem, too.

The cookies have become increasingly sticky of late; suggest clearing your cache/cookies and it rights itself.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
BAEC site down?

I can't access the EC page or MMB? Anyone else having trouble?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by botham
I can't access the EC page or MMB? Anyone else having trouble?
I still can't book flights using Chrome on Mac/iPad, a few reported it last week
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:50 am

We now have a master thread for this stuff

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ed-thread.html
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:01 am

Apologies.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:26 am

Thanks for the tip about clearing cookies, which I did and now have lift off.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Is it the website or my computer

For reasons I cannot fathom, since Friday if I try and get a quote for a flight on ba.com I get taken to the first page of Plan your Journey, and no matter what info I put in and what button I click, that's where I stay - no timings/fares or anything beyond it. I'm very puzzled....
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There's a thread here with lots of advice: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ed-thread.html.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.