Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Is it just me, or are others also having difficulty logging in to their BAEC accounts at BA.com? I keep getting a "Page not found" error message and then a redirect to the home page.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Rather than create new threads each time the BA website has a hiccup, please use this new consolidated thread to table any questions about current website outages and problems. From now onwards we'll merge any separate threads into this one. I'd like to think that, over time, the BA webteam will keep an eye on this thread, so please keep this frequency clear for website problems only.

Hopefully I've managed to put enough keywords in the thread title to make it easily findable, even with FT-search.

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 1, 2013 at 3:17 pm Reason: Move Oxon Flyer's primer into pole position
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
If you're using Chrome, clear the cache and cookies and try again.

Or use an Incognito Window.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:52 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
This must be the most commonly reoccurring question for the year..
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:22 pm

This is a good resource if the whole site appears down:

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Not down, but this bug in Holiday Finder made me laugh out pretty loud:

"We have enhanced the return flight to provide our customers with the delightful opportunity to swim across the Atlantic Ocean."
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Perhaps the return flight isn't a flight at all, but instead a coach.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

I had been using Safari and also Firefox. I removed cookies and nothing changed. But I just launched Chrome and it works fine there.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Can't login to BA.com

After entering account number and password, login is failing with:

Page not found

We are sorry we couldn't find the page you were looking for.
This page will automatically return to ba.com.

Trying to get to a booking via Manage My Booking just keeps asking for the confirmation number.

Anyone else having problems?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Par for the course on ba.com I'm afraid. Their IT department has been a flippin' shambles since Dilly left.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:40 pm

On Chrome?

I get this semi regularly - just clear cookies and it resolves.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See these threads (and the links within):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...mb-either.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-browser.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ighlight=login
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ighlight=login
Try a different browser, clear your cache and cookies, or try to login using a private window.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
We now have a new consolidated thread to log and discuss specific website problems, so I've merged this new problem into this thread..

/mod
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by MPH1980
On Chrome?
Nope, Safari.

My last interaction with BA.com also ended badly: after a lot of effort putting a booking together, at purchase time it failed with "Our systems are not responding". Not clear whether the booking had been ticketed or not. I called reservations - they were closed.

Not having a working website is pretty embarrassing.

Not helped by features such as the Avios Explorer which has thrown an "Application is about to restart" for about 2 years now.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Angry Hmmm, forced password change, and then <BANG>...

OK, so, trying to log in this morning and I'm getting a forced password change (reality check - all three major credit card issuers, and every major bank tell me that a 4 digit PIN is safe enough to protect my entire personal wealth, but BA say it isn't secure enough to protect my Avios balance and seat allocations - Really??, Really???)

Anyway, I get the "Systems have not responded" after the password change, and then it's "Rinse and repeat"..

I can see the huge savings in forcing all of your customers online for most of their activities, but if you can't then make your website reliable, you're going to flush your goodwill down the lavvy every time the cleaner trips over the (presumably, 10M thinNet) network cable.....

And, as an aside, I can just about understand why the login screen has scripts from ba.com on it, but why exactly does a secure login screen need scripts from "google-analytics" and "doubleclick.net" to work.....

Ken.

Willard the Bear - This is interfering with my next trip booking - this is serious!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.