Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:46 am

Trying to book car hire on ba.com, using Safari and Chrome on a Mac, and IE and Chrome on a Windows 7 workstation. It keeps reverting to the date selection page, as it often does with flight bookings. About to give up and go elsewhere
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:18 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Since it's the mobile site that generates and returns PassBook passes for the iPhone application (if I'm not incorrect), I would like to inform that there seems to be an issue -- whether it is just for me or not, no idea -- with creating said passes for flights operated by Iberia (even with BA flight code). Already reported to BA, but am curious to know if anyone else is affected.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Sludge
Ba.com is dreadfully slow tonight. Been trying to book Marrakech for hours all evening on ipad, Macbook and iMac. Constant timeouts on all platforms and it keeps pinging back to the start of the search page. All other sites including online shops performing fine so it's not my connection.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 2:30 am
09R

anyone having issues? I can't retrieve my bookings
Old Dec 6, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
It hasn't been working for the past 10/15 min but has just allowed me to log into my booking
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Had the same issues this morning, seems to be back but not particularly quick..
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:08 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Having issues accessing the seat selection page from MMB.

When I select reserve seats I get an error message:

"Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment."

This has been the case for most of today. I have tried accessing from IE, Safari, ipad & the iphone app.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by McG
Having issues accessing the seat selection page from MMB.

When I select reserve seats I get an error message:

"Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment."

This has been the case for most of today. I have tried accessing from IE, Safari, ipad & the iphone app.
This is probably because of air traffic problems causing BA systems to overload. It is not unprecedented for companies to restrict some functionality during peak periods either. I would expect that BA want as much systems capacity as possible to facilitate passengers having issues.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Despite the work-round mentioned in previous posts for Combine my Avios, I am getting a message saying that my session has timed out and I need to log in again. This just goes round and round!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:17 am
Suspended

Is the BA website totally kaput today? I am trying to book a ticket and whenever I search it just throws me back to the 'Plan your trip' page. Normally the website at least holds together until after I give BA my money.
I also tried logging in to BAEC and using MMB, both broken. Tried on several computers and several browsers. No dice.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:22 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by techie
This is probably because of air traffic problems causing BA systems to overload. It is not unprecedented for companies to restrict some functionality during peak periods either. I would expect that BA want as much systems capacity as possible to facilitate passengers having issues.
Thanks, I left it to try again yesterday and then today. Same issue. As soon as I select the reserve seats button I get an our systems are not responding message.

Tried all the work a rounds like deleting cookies etc.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 3:55 am

There have been a few issues as of late (past couple of weeks):

1. Using Chrome, the website would not load due to an infinite redirect loop.

2. When it does load, logging into BAEC is impossible, because I get the "the page you are trying to load does not exist" message.

3. For the 2nd consecutive TATL flight, boarding pass offered after check-in does not have fast track in the top right-hand corner and no BA+OW tier info in the frequent flyer section. This has nothing to do with Chrome unlike the previous 2 points, but is a fault in BA's systems. Called BAEC, was told to collect at the airport and hope for the best.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: BA silver
I can't log in using IE, but have managed with Chrome.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: BA silver
can't log in now on either IE or Chrome and can't even search for flights as it just refreshes the search page. What on earth is going on?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Can't seem to logon to BA on chrome or firefox and it says that systems are not responding. Tried to refresh my booking on my iPhone app as well but it seems like that is down as well.

What in the earth is going on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.