Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I have noticed of late that if I am not logged in or 'timed out' or make a booking (or dummy booking) when I get to the later stages of the booking after selecting a flight etc.

"Your password is incorrect

You can...

Try to log in again

Please be aware that your Login ID and Password are case sensitive. Please check and re-enter"

A little bit frustrating and doesn't matter which browser I try despite typing in the correct details. If I then go back to the Home Page I can then log in. No big deal but I though I'd report it here.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How annoying...

For the past several days have been trying to book Avios flights. Always get "Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later."

Today I try to log in..."Page not found" and it then returns to the homepage from where the fun starts all over again.

What's going on IT guys?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Works fine for me. I go to BA.com, log in, and then book from the panel towards the bottom left by changing the dropdown to book with Avios.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Just tried again (and EC number and password are correct!):

Page not found

We are sorry we couldn't find the page you were looking for.

This page will automatically return to ba.com.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite

Page not found

Reset your password, clear your cookies and try again...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci

Page not found

Might be that you're inadvertently following a bad link in your history. Try this one: http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir

Page not found

Had the same problem - had to delete cookies. Clearing cache didn't work.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
BA website not working properly?

For the last two days I've got the following error after putting in my criteria for a flight:

Error

Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later.
Is anybody else getting this error too when searching for flights?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
I was getting this problem last week sometime - seemed to fix itself after a few hours.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by rumbataz
For the last two days I've got the following error after putting in my criteria for a flight:

Is anybody else getting this error too when searching for flights?
I got the same message this morning.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
For the past 3 days, I've had trouble with clicking on "Collecting Avios" when logged in to may BAEC account. It never loads the next page, and eventually just times out. What I think will work (at least ir did a few hours ago) is clicking on "Spending Avios," which loads fine, and then to click on "Collecting Avios." Anyone else have this problem?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Still getting the same error on ba.com when searching for a redemption flight:

Error

Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later.
That's four days in a row that i've been unable to search for a flight on ba.com. What an utterly useless airline and loyalty scheme.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
There is a problem whereby being logged in as Silver into BAEC and then checking for a number to call in the US gives the number for the Blue line. After all, this is what Silver promises:
a direct line to our dedicated team of customer support staff for when you need to speak with us (see the back of your membership card for the contact number)
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rumbataz
Still getting the same error on ba.com when searching for a redemption flight:

That's four days in a row that i've been unable to search for a flight on ba.com. What an utterly useless airline and loyalty scheme.
I've had this problem on and off for months now and it isn't the only one.

BA really do need to concentrate sorting their IT department out. All offline charges should be waived until they do.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)

Trying to book at simple return LHR-CPT using Firefox 26 (latest version) on Windows 8

Gets all the way through to the "Reserve your seats" page (the page before payment) and none of the buttons work. Can't reserve a seat, can't "Continue" - can only click the links (about seat reservation etc). Tried 3 times after closing and re-opening Firefox.

Tried in Internet Explorer 11 - "Our servers are not responding"

In the end used Chrome and everything worked straight through.

Last edited by ClubClassCowboy; Jan 12, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.