Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Chrome

Why is the site reliability so poor in Chrome? For me, Im constantly, months on still getting the issue where, if your search times out, you can not then run another search (it just returns you to the criteria selection each and every time) in the same session, forcing the use of an anonymous browser.

Given that this problem does not exist in other browsers, you can not blame BA 100%, they should get strive to get their site working on one of the most popular browsers out there
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC,Avis Preferred. Hilton Silver, Tesco Super Dooper Platinum.
"Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later."

Been getting this now for over a week in Chrome,Firefox and IE.
Cleared the cache,deleted cookies across all browsers and still nothing. Very annoying,but I can wait a few weeks before booking. I wonder how much BA are losing because of this ?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Aeroplan, Amex Plat
When I try to pay for Reward Flights, the name box for the credit card appears auto filled in with the name on my Executive Club account, even for the saved payment cards where the names are slightly different, but my first names/surname are fairly long and seem to generate an error message - "Please check that the name as it appears on the card has been entered correctly."

I can get around this by going via Paypal but then I can't use Amex to pay. Is this error message being generated because of a card name that's too long? and if so is there a way around it other than getting BA to alter the way my name appears e.g. moving a first name into middle name slot.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Exec
Why can't you use Amex to pay in PayPal - it's the only card I have registered there and use it to pay for stuff on sites that don't accept Amex.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:40 am

Still getting error when I try to cancel a reward flight booked for a friend. Very frustrating and I just don't want to call BA
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: BAEC Sludge
Anyone else having something like this? There are very weird things going on with my booking BA2666 to Marrakech. I tried to change my seat reservations a few days ago and now have four seats on the way out for two people! And I've not been able to do anything with that flight's seat reservations since despite several, separate visits to the site.

I really don't want to call them!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Why is the site reliability so poor in Chrome? For me, Im constantly, months on still getting the issue where, if your search times out, you can not then run another search (it just returns you to the criteria selection each and every time) in the same session, forcing the use of an anonymous browser.

Given that this problem does not exist in other browsers, you can not blame BA 100%, they should get strive to get their site working on one of the most popular browsers out there
I've found Chrome to be rather buggy in recent months on several sites. More and more I'm having to launch Internet Explorer to make transactions, especially where payments are made.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:50 am

It seems to be down today... everytime I try to log in it says that BA can't find the page you are looking for
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by flyertea
whenever I want to redeem, it is broken or it is quite slow..
Make sure you use the book rewards flight option rather than the browse option, as the browsing option is a bit rubbish.
Originally Posted by INMS
I can get around this by going via Paypal but then I can't use Amex to pay.
PayPal accepts Amex just fine.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by laura711
It seems to be down today... everytime I try to log in it says that BA can't find the page you are looking for
I had trouble logging in from one of the pages but logged in OK from another page. It was quite odd because one page kept rejecting my password even though it was correct.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:07 am

I have been trying for days to check availability but keep getting the systems down error message. Is this the same for everyone or is it just unfortunate timing?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Worked fine for me to book a reward earlier. Try a different browser.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Aeroplan, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stifle
Make sure you use the book rewards flight option rather than the browse option, as the browsing option is a bit rubbish.

PayPal accepts Amex just fine.
Normally, of course, but despite usually paying with an Amex when making a BA purchase through Paypal I am often told "Sorry, but you cannot use American Express for this purchase" or words to that effect once on the payment selection screen, choosing between Bank Accounts/Cards.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC,Avis Preferred. Hilton Silver, Tesco Super Dooper Platinum.
Originally Posted by tillyholly
I have been trying for days to check availability but keep getting the systems down error message. Is this the same for everyone or is it just unfortunate timing?

Worked OK for me today to book two RFS, but I keep getting the error message when I search for flight availability with cash.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA silver
This is getting ridiculous now. Surely BA must actually be losing bookings? How long do they intend to let this carry on? Have I missed an explanation or apology from them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.