Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:57 pm

I've given up trying to search for flights. Been trying for the last few days and getting nowhere.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
^ Me too. Was desperately trying to book a redemption flight on the LHR-DXB route for ages (almost a week). The search never worked for me.

Ended up booking a paid flight on Emirates for not much more than the cost of the additional taxes you pay on a BA redemption flight. Got exactly my dates, convenient outbound and return times and got my seats reserved. Saved myself 40,000 almost useless Avios.

Ironically, I used up my remaining BA Avios on a hotel booking in DXB. Goodbye BA, and good riddance.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by rumbataz
Was desperately trying to book a redemption flight on the LHR-DXB route for ages (almost a week). The search never worked for me.
Do you mean that there was availability but you couldn't book? Or you couldn't see whether or not there was availability?

And in either case, why didn't you pick up the phone to ask and/or book?
Originally Posted by rumbataz
Ended up booking a paid flight on Emirates for not much more than the cost of the additional taxes you pay on a BA redemption flight. Got exactly my dates, convenient outbound and return times and got my seats reserved. Saved myself 40,000 almost useless Avios.
As is routinely said here, it's normally pretty pointless using Avios on long-haul economy redemptions. You could probably have got a BA cash ticket for not much more than the TFC on a BA redemption, too. 'Twas ever thus. It's not a smart way of using Avios.

Last edited by Globaliser; Jan 15, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Globaliser
As is routinely said here, it's normally pretty pointless using Avios on economy redemptions.
Unless we are talking about redeeming them on AA in the US. My partner and I snagged a return transcon, with a stop in DFW for 70k Avios and less than 20 quid in fees. This was booked 1.5 weeks before travel and availability was healthy.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I should have said "long-haul" - now added.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:02 pm

Bug with popup calendar

The problem:
In using britishairways website looking for award availability, I noticed a bug when you try to use the "Change" button after you have done a search, the date selection using the calendar malfunctions switching the date from MM/DD/YY to DD/MM/YY, it then either fails with an error message or shows the results for the wrong date.

This bug doesn't happen when you start with a new query, the date calendar works correctly.

The fix:

You can workaround the bug by entering the date in MM/DD/YY format using the keyboard - ignoring the popup calendar and then press the TAB key and the calendar will disappear and your query will work correctly.

Using the "Change" function, allows you to do a series of queries faster with fewer keystrokes, than starting a new query each time.

I am using this as a US-based British Airways member. Perhaps, european-based users see the date in the DD/MM/YY format as is the custom there.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: BA & KLM Gold, various hotels
Online Check-in Problems?

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to check-in online all day today but I just get:

'Sorry, we could not continue with Online Check-in as there is a technical problem

We apologise for the inconvenience.

To check in and receive your boarding pass, please try again later or proceed to the airport.'

I've tried different browsers/computers and this hasn't happened before. Has anyone had the same problem today?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The mods have very kindly provided a thread specifically for these questions: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ed-thread.html
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Do you have connecting flights?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: BA & KLM Gold, various hotels
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The mods have very kindly provided a thread specifically for these questions: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ed-thread.html
Ah I didn't notice that thread, I will remember for next time.

Originally Posted by BA6501
Do you have connecting flights?
Yes I do. I've managed to check-in to my NCL-LHR flight via the mobile app, the other segment will probably work later on. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If the other segment from LHR is the next day then there's a well known feature where you will have to wait a while. Or sometimes not even wait, just have to go through twice. The message is a little misleading on the PC version, since as you have effectively done, by uncoupling the second sector you would be able to get going. The ladies in Newcastle lounge can sort out anything else for you anyway.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:46 am

Seems there have been a few errors on the website today with OLCI. A mate of mine had issues with the same message then when I went to do my own I got the same message. Tech support advised that in my mates case it was a tech error and in my case it was a suspension of OCLI due to A/C changes.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold and various hotel programs (wishing they were all linked)
Been getting the dreaded [code]Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later.[\code] for the past hour now
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
It's not funny any more. I keep getting this in Chrome when logging in from the home page:
Page not found

We are sorry we couldn't find the page you were looking for.

This page will automatically return to ba.com.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Check the first flight, uncheck the second flight. Once you're checked in for the first flight, go back and try the second, which should now work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.