Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:02 pm

Had 2 pax on the one booking. Could do one but not the other.... Go figure.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:53 pm

This may be a very silly question, but here goes:

I'm searching for an AA award and the availability is so great that it only returns results by departure time, stopping around 12pm. The departure I want is around 5pm. I don't see anywhere to show additional departures (page 2), nor do I see an option to specify a time range. How can I see and book the 5pm departure? I know it is available as it's viewable on AA. Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:07 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by slice
This may be a very silly question, but here goes:

I'm searching for an AA award and the availability is so great that it only returns results by departure time, stopping around 12pm. The departure I want is around 5pm. I don't see anywhere to show additional departures (page 2), nor do I see an option to specify a time range. How can I see and book the 5pm departure? I know it is available as it's viewable on AA. Thanks.
You would need to book by phone.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
You would need to book by phone.
Will they try to assess the fee? Any way to avoid?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
See also this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rd-search.html
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:08 am

The check-in clock has now been showing 5 days for the past 3 days. It appears to be counting down minutes and hours, however that is also incorrect.

Changing languages and the same error is shown.

anyone else seeing this?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
The check-in clock has now been showing 5 days for the past 3 days. It appears to be counting down minutes and hours, however that is also incorrect.

Changing languages and the same error is shown.

anyone else seeing this?
Good Morning Petrus,

Yes, I have the same thing.

Days not changing and the hours and minutes reflect the time of my return flight not the outbound flight.

I may call BA in case this effects the ability to check-in.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold and various hotel programs (wishing they were all linked)
How do I search for Avios redemptions these days.

Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later.
I've been getting the above message for over a week now. Tried searching on Chrome, IE, FF and ipad but never get any flight details just the above error.

Any ideas? Just phone CS?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Log in from ba.com, then scroll down and halfway down on the left you see a drop-down marked "payment type" set to "book with money". Change this to "book with Avios", enter your flight details, and away you go.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HH Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by stifle
Log in from ba.com, then scroll down and halfway down on the left you see a drop-down marked "payment type" set to "book with money". Change this to "book with Avios", enter your flight details, and away you go.
Yes but depending on destination you may just end up with the systems not responding message that henley quoted.

AUH working fine, DXB constantly giving me the message
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Anyone had any problems entering an email address when you try to manage your booking? When I go into a particular booking, it thinks it doesn't have an email address and it throws a pop up box and asks me to enter my email address.

Firstly this doesn't work properly anyway. When you enter your email address the "Confirm" button isn't enabled. Easily worked around by ticking "I don't want to provide these details" - the Confirm button then enables, you then untick the "I don't want to provide these details" and you can then save your email address.

This normally works but on one specific booking my email addresses is never saved, so every time I go into the booking it keeps prompting me. I've even manually entered my email address in the Contacts section of the booking. I have also rung BAEC and they can see my email address on the booking.

Annoying...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold and various hotel programs (wishing they were all linked)
Originally Posted by stifle
Yes this exactly what I am doing - trying for DXB
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Does anyone else use Firefox?

The site just does not work for me. I just tried to check-in for a flight, got to the number of bags screen and hit "Continue". Got a red error telling my I must tick the prohibited items box. The prohibited items part of the screen has not appeared.

Tried the whole thing again in Chrome and it works fine.

Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
Does anyone else use Firefox?

The site just does not work for me. I just tried to check-in for a flight, got to the number of bags screen and hit "Continue". Got a red error telling my I must tick the prohibited items box. The prohibited items part of the screen has not appeared.

Tried the whole thing again in Chrome and it works fine.

Do you have ....... or element blocker installed? Its overaggressive nature can sometimes be a culprit. I never had problems with FF, it's the other way around for me: Chrome does not want to even log me into my BAEC.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Originally Posted by techie
Do you have ....... or element blocker installed? Its overaggressive nature can sometimes be a culprit. I never had problems with FF, it's the other way around for me: Chrome does not want to even log me into my BAEC.
Good suggestion - I have ....... and NoScript installed, but I've tried "allow all" for ba.com and everything else their pages request. Still not working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.