Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Try: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ed-thread.html
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: F
At what stage does it fail for you? Have you tried resetting your browsers (flushing caches and cookies)?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I get the exact same error message when I click to finalize an avios booking.

Originally Posted by bg26892
I've tried multiple browsers and multiple days the past week and continually am getting the same msg...

"Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment"

Anyone else encountering this error?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plt, AS G, MR Ti, IC
Online Exec Club flight search error

I've been trying to do a search on and off for almost the past 24 hours now and keep getting the error "Error: Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later." Changing city pairs and dates doesn't help.

I tried talking to Executive Club (US) after giving up, and the agent explained that there is no problem searching for them with the city pair I wanted, and confirmed there are flights available, and to save money she would put me through right away to web support so they could figure it out. Except I've been on hold for more than half an hour, and even at VoIP rates this is torture.

Is there any suggested key phrases to use with the Executive Club staff to talk them into making the booking and waiving the phone fee, or the choice is either pay the $25 or $40 or whatever it is these days, or wait forever for web support, eh?

Is there a number to call web support directly? I haven't found a number so far. From a few messages I read on this board, it doesn't sound worth my breath to log a complaint with customer relations, though I will get to it, as I think this function being down for a day is kind of poor. I thought maybe there was some devaluation coming as the root cause but no message here, so I figure its just the website being itself with partner flights - though on the phone they confirmed their access to partner flights is working okay.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've been getting these messages off and on for months now even after following the recommendation of clearing your cache/cookies.
Fortunately they have just been dummy bookings on BA or partner airlines so haven't been too bothered.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
I don't have a solution -- I just wanted to say that I am having a similar issue. I am trying to book a partner award from Salzburg or Munich to Berlin. I know Air Berlin has several flights and there previously was decent availability, but now no Air Berlin flights show up.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC
When logged into BAEC the menu doesn't always work. Hovering over the Executive Club option doesn't display the sub-menu, none of the menu options work. Using FF.
The home option below the BA logo always works.
Is it another feature of Windows 8 or is there something wrong with the links?

Has anyone else seen / fixed this?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, EI Concierge
"View and Accept Rebooking" not working

I had a cancelled flight (LGW Winter schedule change), and so was rebooked onto the service on a different day, which is fine by me, but when I login to BA, I get a message in red telling me of the cancellation, then can head to MMB and see the change. At the top I am told to either click to view & accept, or click to choose alternative flights.

Clicking on either link displays a webpage with the following:

Error

Invalid get itinerary details request

I have tried from different browsers and different devices, but still get the same error, which has happened for the last few weeks. It doesn't seem to be being fixed, so I wanted to highlight this to BA IT, and assume here is as good as anywhere! (Unless anyone here has any suggestions of how to make it work).

I assume that not having accepted the new flights officially (yet having chosen seats on the new flight, and with valid e-ticket number on new flight), isn't an issue and that no action actually need to be taken?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heartstring
I assume that not having accepted the new flights officially (yet having chosen seats on the new flight, and with valid e-ticket number on new flight), isn't an issue and that no action actually need to be taken?
Do you now have a new e-ticket number? The e-ticket receipts generated by ba.com are often misleading when there's been a change. One way of checking is to take the booking reference to classic.checkmytrip.com, click on the e-ticket receipt tab and look at the valid coupons being displayed for the current e-ticket. Often they will not match what ba.com says, and they will show you why you still need a new e-ticket issued.

If you don't have a new e-ticket number, then I would suggest calling BA before BA calls you.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:22 am

They are clearly having issues today.

I was advised earlier this morning that check in was open for a flight in 10 days time but it won't allow me to manage my booking for a flight on Tuesday.

The Iberia site is also not allowing me to MMB an upcoming IB flight.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Do you now have a new e-ticket number? The e-ticket receipts generated by ba.com are often misleading when there's been a change. One way of checking is to take the booking reference to classic.checkmytrip.com, click on the e-ticket receipt tab and look at the valid coupons being displayed for the current e-ticket. Often they will not match what ba.com says, and they will show you why you still need a new e-ticket issued.

If you don't have a new e-ticket number, then I would suggest calling BA before BA calls you.
I was looking at the ticket number on the app which shows an eticket when I click on the new flight and not on the old one.

Check my trip shows eticket numbers too. Also shows old flight as "unable, does not operate" and new one as "confirmed, timechange" so seems ok?

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heartstring
I was looking at the ticket number on the app which shows an eticket when I click on the new flight and not on the old one.

Check my trip shows eticket numbers too. Also shows old flight as "unable, does not operate" and new one as "confirmed, timechange" so seems ok?
Not necessarily. It wouldn't satisfy me unless the ticket number now is different from the ticket number before. But you don't say whether you now have a different ticket number from the ticket originally issued. Just seeing a ticket number is not enough, because that ticket may no longer contain a valid coupon for the sector for which the original flight has been cancelled, and no coupon for the replacement flight either (even though the reserved itinerary contains the replacement flight). That's what I would be checking for.

Did you look at the "e-ticket receipt" tab on classic.checkmytrip.com, or just the "trip summary" tab? If only the latter, I still suggest doing what I previously posted.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
There would still appear to be problems.......

Just been emailed by BA to tell me I can check in for my flight (which should be right), but in MMB it is telling me 16 hours before OLCI opens???
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Just been emailed by BA to tell me I can check in for my flight (which should be right), but in MMB it is telling me 16 hours before OLCI opens?
OLCI will nevertheless open at the correct time.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Here's a new one - while trying to pick a SPML:

BA Logo
Problem with your request
There may be a problem with this page. Please try again.

If the problem persists, please check the Im Service Centre page and then report a fault if necessary.

You should copy and paste the details below into your error report.

Server: www.britishairways.com
Request ID: 9HFkdaOmeh0AAFICMVUAAADC

Alternatively please click the back button or go to Employee Self Service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.