Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I wonder how many PM's mottel1 has had so far offering to buy the points
Thanks everyone :-) are membership reward points transferable!?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
To be more precise (!), it never ever happened, and then all of a sudden it happened twice last year, first 40% and then 100%. Both were targetted to random people.
Got an offer yesterday of 30% bonus (1000 MR = 1300 Avios, U.S. based card). Not sure, if I should bait or wait ......
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Double Avios from Marriott Hotels?

I normally stay in a Marriott 3 days a week and last weeks bill has just posted to my AMEX PP account with 3x Avios rather than the usual 1.5x. If I press the little "+" sign next to it, it reads "Double Avios from Marriott Hotels".

Have I missed a promotion going on between Amex and Marriott somewhere? Does anyone know how long it is going on for?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I got a similar bonus at a Four Seasons hotel last year, with a similar notation. I'd never heard about that one either!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
I got a similar bonus at a Four Seasons hotel last year, with a similar notation. I'd never heard about that one either!
When I had an Amex Plat Cashback CC I randomly got a few double cashback bonuses that I hadn't seen advertised anywhere and wasn't expecting - they seem to make a bit of a habit of it
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: QFF P1 LTG, lots of others
Does the BA AMEX premium plus card have interest free days? eg 55
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
The basic answer is YES
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: BA (Silver), Virgin (Silver)
Originally Posted by travellingblade
I normally stay in a Marriott 3 days a week and last weeks bill has just posted to my AMEX PP account with 3x Avios rather than the usual 1.5x. If I press the little "+" sign next to it, it reads "Double Avios from Marriott Hotels".

Have I missed a promotion going on between Amex and Marriott somewhere? Does anyone know how long it is going on for?
The flyer for this came through before Christmas if I recall but didn't start until Jan. I believe it runs until the end of Feb as I was going to use it for a stay in Barcelona on the 24th - 26th Feb. Alas the Marriott in the centre of Barcelona is a) being refurbished and b) only just been taken over by Marriott and isn't participating in their points scheme until April so I abandoned the idea.

3x Avios good news though.^

** EDIT** Just found the flyer and the promo period is 30th November 2011 - 29th February 2012.

Last edited by James_G; Jan 24, 2012 at 3:30 am Reason: Updated dates
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by funkyr
Does the BA AMEX premium plus card have interest free days? eg 55
I wonder if AMEX will run the cheap 2.9% rate for a year like they did last year. Im one for always paying on time however the flexibility would be good for longer term purchases and net you some avios in the meantime.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by James_G
The flyer for this came through before Christmas if I recall but didn't start until Jan. I believe it runs until the end of Feb as I was going to use it for a stay in Barcelona on the 24th - 26th Feb. Alas the Marriott in the centre of Barcelona is a) being refurbished and b) only just been taken over by Marriott and isn't participating in their points scheme until April so I abandoned the idea.

3x Avios good news though.^
Thanks, that is good news as I have 20 more nights booked before the end of Feb! ^
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:57 am

If they are UK MR points you should definitely read this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rds-point.html

Welcome to FT by the way
Will the redemption value of the mrw points vis a vis hilton and other amex partners still be the same as from the platinum?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:31 am

if i bought a BA flight with a basic Amex and have since upgraded to the Prem Plus under the same account, is that trip now covered under the PP card's travel insurance?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mottel1
Will the redemption value of the mrw points vis a vis hilton and other amex partners still be the same as from the platinum?
Have a look through the linked thread above, for a post I made analysing this. In general, only BA and VS offerna great deal as both stay 1 to 1. Other partners adjust their conversion rate.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by mottel1
Not on all partners,

SPG for example:

2 UK MR for 1 SPG
3 US MR points for 1 SPG

I don't actually have a US Amex yet, I'm waiting for my MR points to build up a bit first before I get one.

Maybe someone with US and UK MR accounts could kindly make a list of the differences ?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not on all partners,

SPG for example:

2 UK MR for 1 SPG
3 US MR points for 1 SPG

I don't actually have a US Amex yet, I'm waiting for my MR points to build up a bit first before I get one.

Maybe someone with US and UK MR accounts could kindly make a list of the differences ?
The IDC dollar card has its own rates, which do not totally match the standard US MR programme. List of partners is shorter too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.