Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
This is standard policy and can even be booked online if you have 2 Amex vouchers available. I took 4 pax to South Africa this way last month.
What if I have one on my account and Mrs P has one on hers.

Do you think its possible we could use both together and get a 4-4-2 on 1 PNR ?

P.S I think, I we need to have another child so we can get better redemption value
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by PanGalactic

Not if the 2 accounts are separate. Not sure if it can be done if both are in a household account, but I guess not. Oly difference is that you may have to pay for seat selection on one booking if only you have status. If you are Gold, I believe you can ring and link the 2 PNRs which presumably lets you do seats for all. If none ofyou have status, 2 PNRs make no difference anyway.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic

P.S I think, I we need to have another child so we can get better redemption value
done this a few times, they always end up on seperate bookings.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:00 am
me2

Programs: BA SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
This is standard policy and can even be booked online if you have 2 Amex vouchers available. I took 4 pax to South Africa this way last month.

Hi Raffles

By this do you mean that you had 2 x 241 AMEX vouchers and 4 of people travelled (4 including you)

or

do you mean you + 4 other people travelled (5 in total) on your 2 x 241 vouchers ?

I assume the former ...otherwise we have made quite an exciting discovery!

thanks
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The former, apologies for poor wording. But correcting text on an ipad is such a pain!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:20 am
me2

Programs: BA SPG Gold
thanks

Would have been a great bonus otherwise !
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Well delighted to have got home today to find my application for the Amex PP card has been successful and that it will be with me soon! They were unable to clarify the mystery of whether it was 18k or 25k (I did check on 3 different computers to make sure I wasn't going mad) so would have to check with BA themselves if it was a special offer they were doing. Either way its all good and I have some spend lined up to get to the 3k, and hopefully will get to the 2-4-1 within the year @:-)

What has this forum turned me into, I feel quite sad about getting excited over Avios and a credit card
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nh1980
What has this forum turned me into, I feel quite sad about getting excited over Avios and a credit card
Welcome to the club; there is no escape
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Welcome to the club; there is no escape
I fear so, I have already notified my nominated recipient of the first 2-4-1 that I get and he is full of ideas of things to put on the card to get to the 10k as soon as possible!!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by nh1980
I fear so, I have already notified my nominated recipient of the first 2-4-1 that I get and he is full of ideas of things to put on the card to get to the 10k as soon as possible!!
Share your ideas, I need some
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Share your ideas, I need some
To reach the 10k spend - basically everything we can, he is getting new ski boots, I am getting new furniture, we both have other holidays to take, all will be bunged on the card, I'm going to offer more to just pay for things myself (e.g. when out for meals with friends) and then get cash or bank transfers back from other people! Spending the 10k also means 15,000 in miles (more if any of it goes on BA flights) plus 18k Avio bonus and if any of the above is done through the eStore it multiplies even more...

We are both unattached and child-free so whilst all our income is indulgently spent on Number 1 and savings accounts, we dont have the same overheads (and therefore potential card spend) as a family, so makes sense to combine it when we can. I draw the line at doing peoples shopping for them on the card though!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:52 am

Income for Amex PP

Hi All,

I have a friend who is a student and wants to get an Amex PP card. I'd like to nominate so we both get bonus miles. Any idea if Amex would give a student one or if they have minimum income rules? Can't fins any info on it?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
Hi All,

I have a friend who is a student and wants to get an Amex PP card. I'd like to nominate so we both get bonus miles. Any idea if Amex would give a student one or if they have minimum income rules? Can't fins any info on it?
You need a 'household' income of at least 30,000 a year for both BA Amex cards.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
Hi All,

30k household income minimum, right on the main page for the card....

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/ca...us-credit-card
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
30k household income minimum, right on the main page for the card....

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/ca...us-credit-card
Can Amex actually check this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.