Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulN
I can't see it mentioned on the Lloyds site so my question is - is the Lloyds TSB card subject to the same restriction as the BA Amex - UK Exec club accounts only ?

Thanks in advance.
the Lloyds card will go to the www.avios.com account. You can then transfer into your BA EC account using combine my miles in the BA EC, my account section.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by origin
the Lloyds card will go to the www.avios.com account. You can then transfer into your BA EC account using combine my miles in the BA EC, my account section.
Thanks Origin.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
On the Blue card, how do you now see how far off 2-1 you are online?

Previously you could click on 'miles to be transferred' but not post avios
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:36 am
KRS

Any suggestions for refundable purchases in order to trigger the voucher?

I am approaching the end of my membership year, short of the required 10K spend for triggering the voucher. Last time this was necessary I purchased a refundable BA ticket, but there is now the CC charge and a GBP15 refund fee. Are there any airlines that offer refundable fares without any fees?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:07 am

So buy ticket > trigger 2-4-1 > cancel ticket with full refund?

Surely they would revoke the 241?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
So you want a 2-4-1 voucher, expect to be able to buy a ticket to trigger it, get issued the voucher and then cancel the ticket and keep the voucher.

This would be bad enough, but to then moan about having to pay a measly CC charge and £15 to refund it to gain said 2-4-1 by deception.

I'm gobsmacked!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by KRS

I am approaching the end of my membership year, short of the required 10K spend for triggering the voucher. Last time this was necessary I purchased a refundable BA ticket, but there is now the CC charge and a GBP15 refund fee. Are there any airlines that offer refundable fares without any fees?
Gift cards are good for bringing forward spending - buy gift cards for retailers where you would normally use your Amex - supermarket, amazon, .... This gives you the immediate spend to trigger the 241 voucher and you know you can spend the gift cards easily.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Blue, PC Gold, FlyBE :-(
Originally Posted by dc2447
On the Blue card, how do you now see how far off 2-1 you are online?

Previously you could click on 'miles to be transferred' but not post avios
Hi dc2447,

Clicking the "Avios to be transferred to your next British Airways Executive Club statement : X,XXX" link from your Amex Account Summary page will take you to the Avios Transactions page - on the right-hand side there should be a yellowish box titled "Your Companion Voucher Status", which tells you how far off you are.

This should be the same whether you're Blue, Bronze, Silver or Gold.

HTH,
mea95scb
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by KRS

Note that if the refund goes through after your anniversary date, it increases the amount you need to spend next year.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:01 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by COOLIO
So buy ticket > trigger 2-4-1 > cancel ticket with full refund?
Surely they would revoke the 241?
No issues with this last time; I guess as long as I don´t redeem the Avios I should be OK.

Originally Posted by Raffles
Note that if the refund goes through after your anniversary date, it increases the amount you need to spend next year.
Not enough Avios nor planned spend next year anyway.

Originally Posted by flyoff
Gift cards are good for bringing forward spending - buy gift cards for retailers where you would normally use your Amex - supermarket, amazon, .... This gives you the immediate spend to trigger the 241 voucher and you know you can spend the gift cards easily.
Thanks, good tip.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 4:05 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mea95scb
Hi dc2447,

Clicking the "Avios to be transferred to your next British Airways Executive Club statement : X,XXX" link from your Amex Account Summary page will take you to the Avios Transactions page - on the right-hand side there should be a yellowish box titled "Your Companion Voucher Status", which tells you how far off you are.

This should be the same whether you're Blue, Bronze, Silver or Gold.

HTH,
mea95scb

I don't get this yellow box, I get a page that looks like this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1134165/Scre...04.10%20AM.png

perhaps because I have multiple cards?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:11 am

You are almost there. On that page there is a pick list near the top that has a 'Go' button it something similar next to it. In the pick list is BA/Avios. Hit go. And then the next page shows what you are after.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Blue, PC Gold, FlyBE :-(
Originally Posted by dc2447
I don't get this yellow box, I get a page that looks like this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1134165/Scre...04.10%20AM.png

perhaps because I have multiple cards?
Strange. I've got multiple cards too (currently SPG and BA Amex PP), and clicking the aforementioned link (it's just below the Online Statement, PDF Statement and View Latest Transactions bits - there will be a similar areas for each of your cards) takes me right there. You seem to be being linked to the Amex Membership Rewards section, as opposed to the "British Airways and American Express" section. Try what COOLIO suggests, apart from that I'm all out I'm afraid.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Hasn't Amex been migrating members to the new interface in batches? I had inferred that this was why there was a period of a couple of weeks or so earlier this year when I could not get to that information; when I could get it again, it was in a new format.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:22 am

I have a couple of questions around hitting the 2-4-1 voucher with a basic blue card:

1) I have about 8k worth of qualifying spend on there now and until the end of July to hit 20k. If i take out/upgrade to a Premium Plus card now will the membership date/spend total be reset, or would I then just need an extra 2k by July to get the 2-4-1 voucher?

2) The remaining 2k is likely to be in foreign currency. I know you don't accrue miles on foreign spend, but the 3rd point in the T&C's looks as though foreign spend is still qualifying spend for the 2-4-1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.