Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:19 am
dgm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, HH Diamond.
Morning all.

The offers are back!!

Happy Shopping! :-)
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by dgm
Morning all.

The offers are back!!

Happy Shopping! :-)
Was just about to post the same.
I'm off to HN in Manchester at lunchtime with 2 more Amex cards!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
According to moneysavingexpert.com, the AmEx/Foursquare offers are valid with AmEx CASHBACK cards as well as charge and credit cards.

There's also some mumbo-jumbo about getting cash back with Xbox Live Gamertag, but for me that's in a different universe.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...r-amex-holders
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin, United, PCR Platinum Ambassador
AMEX Companion Voucher - Open return?

I've just booked LHR-SYD one way in F for December 2013 on my Amex 241 voucher (no CW availability....so HAD to go in F!!!)

I can't book the return yet as it's outside the 355 days, so I called BAEC to try and book an open return, as last time I used my 241 voucher I was told that I needed to book the return leg at the same time in order to not lose the return portion of the voucher. This time, the BA agent has told me it's OK to book just the one way outbound now, and then when (if!!) I find availability for the return SYD-LHR I can call them and they will add the return portion to my Amex 241 voucher.

I have gone ahead and booked the one way before it disappeared, but have 2 questions please -

1) Can anyone please re-assure me that I've been advised correctly? I am a bit wary that when I do find the return flights and ring up and try and book them, I may be told the voucher has been used up on the one way.....

2) I had hoped to book an open jaw, to allow us more flexibility on BA flights coming back (as we have to be on BA for the 241) - the idea was to get a QF to SIN or HKG and then BA from there back to London. But as SYD is all alone in zone 9, apparently the only option using the 241 is to fly back from SYD to LHR direct on BA. Even if I pay the zone 9 avios for the flexibility of flying out of zone 7 or 8, that doesn't seem to be an option for some reason.... Again, can any of the experts out there confirm that this is correct, that I can't fly back from a 'lower' zone?

Many thanks and happy flying all!:-:
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
1) I haven't done it myself yet (SYD in 2014), but I think it's standard practice now. You may have to speak to more than one agent to get it done though. And you will have to pay the change fee and the call centre charge.

2) That's not correct in principle. You can mix "zones" and the restriction is based on geographic IATA zones, not BA's Avios bands: almost any mix within Asia-Pacific should be fine. You just add the different avios amounts for the two legs. Having a stop in SIN one-way but not the other is the same principle (100k direct, 110k with a stop). Maybe booking the return later complicates this but I don't see why ... let us know how you get on!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
2-4-1 and household accounts

Hubby qualified for his (UK) 2-4-1 at the weekend and got the email, which says, amongst other things:

"Companions do not have to be people who are named within a British Airways Executive Club Household Account. Member’s (sic) can choose to take anyone as a Companion on their Companion Voucher booking."

On the other hand, when you click on the T&C's link on the online voucher itself it says

"20.Members can choose to take anyone as a Companion on their Companion Voucher booking except if the member is part of a Household Account. In such an instance, the companion must also belong to the Household Account."

So if you do want to take someone outside your household account and get told you can't, you might want to point them in the direction of the email you will have received.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by EMPS

1) Can anyone please re-assure me that I've been advised correctly? I am a bit wary that when I do find the return flights and ring up and try and book them, I may be told the voucher has been used up on the one way.....

Yes I did this same thing but to Miami. Incurred the change fee, but apart from that it was very straightforward.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Roger
According to moneysavingexpert.com, the AmEx/Foursquare offers are valid with AmEx CASHBACK cards as well as charge and credit cards.

There's also some mumbo-jumbo about getting cash back with Xbox Live Gamertag, but for me that's in a different universe.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...r-amex-holders
I've just purchased £50 worth of Harvey Nics vouchers today across two cards - one of which is the Platinum Cashback card, the other the bmi card. Both have recieved confirmation alerts in their respective Foursquare accounts.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Might be a silly question but can you sync more than 1 amex card with a single FourSquare account?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes, all the promotions worked fine on my Platinum cashback Amex (but it is really just a credit card anyway)
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
God, I wish I could summon the enthusiasm to do this.

I logged into 4square then couldn;t see any retailers as I walked down the street and promptly gave up

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Sprodo
Might be a silly question but can you sync more than 1 amex card with a single FourSquare account?
No - but you can create as many foursquare accounts (with different email addresses) as you like. Each one synced to a different AMEX card.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
Originally Posted by Sprodo
No, you need multiple FourSquare accounts.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
No - but you can create as many foursquare accounts (with different email addresses) as you like. Each one synced to a different AMEX card.
Originally Posted by KeithJenner
No, you need multiple FourSquare accounts.
Thanks both!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin, United, PCR Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by bsucdp
Yes I did this same thing but to Miami. Incurred the change fee, but apart from that it was very straightforward.
Excellent, thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.