Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Yes they are - I bought £150 worth of Dixons Travel gift cards over 3 Amex cards and have the £75 cashback. The gift cards can also be used at Currys or PC World.
I am only seeing £5 for a £20 spend. Can you elaborate?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I am only seeing £5 for a £20 spend. Can you elaborate?
I posted about it up-thread, but it seems very few are taking part. Basically, sync your XBox Live account to your Amex card

First deal is £10 free - yes, no purchase necessary - just sync and you get the £10.

Others are:

• Spend £50, get £25 at Dixons Travel
  • Spend £10, get £10 at Cineworld
  • Spend £50, get £25 at Topman
  • Spend £50, get £25 at Carphone Warehouse

I also posted previously that I sync'd two cards for the same Amex account (ie. one was "old") and got the £10 back on both.

You need one XBox Live account for each card, so I had to create a couple of new ones.

More details here:

https://sync.americanexpress.co.uk/xbox/

Last edited by Paralytic; Dec 20, 2012 at 5:04 pm
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Thank you
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
I posted about it up-thread, but it seems very few are taking part. Basically, sync your XBox Live account to your Amex card and get 4 or 5 deals.

First one is £10 free - yes, no purchase necessary - just sync and get the £10.

Others are:

• Spend £50, get £25 at Dixons Travel
  • Spend £10, get £10 at Cineworld
  • Spend £50, get £25 at Topman
  • Spend £50, get £25 at Carphone Warehouse

I also posted previously that I sync'd two cards for the same account (ie. one was "old") and got the £10 back on both.

You need one XBox Live account for each card, so I had to create a couple of new ones.

More details here:

https://sync.americanexpress.co.uk/xbox/
I'm interested in the cineworld offer as it's my local cinema and I see they offer Gift Cards!!!.

If I could get £110 worth of these this would probably sort out our cinema trips for the next year at least ^

The only problem is I don't actually own an xbox (nor do I have a desire for one)

I don't think I even know anyone who has an xbox!

I might know someone who knows someone who has an xbox but asking for access to it to do this might seem a bit weird!

How long roughly does it take to create an account and sync each card?

I see you can sign up for xbox live online, but I guess the syncing needs to be done through an actual xbox right?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:33 pm

Yes, you need to fill in the form online (linked above) and then enter the code it gives you on the XBOX.

Because its an on-screen keyboard, its quite clunky to create to XBOX Live accounts. It took me around 60-90 minutes to get it all set up across 4 live cards and I also registered a couple of expired cards, but they still paid the £10 credit.

The time was in creating new email addresses for each card, then an XBOX live account for each, registering each one via the XBOX with the codes, plus keeping a record of which XBOX account is sync'd to which card in case things went wrong.

Interesting that Cineworld do gift cards, but its not clear if web-purchased gift cards would be tracked the same as in-cinema purchases and therefore receive the credit.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Because its an on-screen keyboard, its quite clunky to create to XBOX Live accounts. It took me around 60-90 minutes to get it all set up across 4 live cards and I also registered a couple of expired cards, but they still paid the £10 credit.
Interesting, so you get an extra £10 just for each account you create and sync a card to? I'm definitely having some of this!!!!

Just a bit confused about what you said about expired cards though.
Are the card accounts still active? Did you get cashback twice per amex account in that case?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Just a bit confused about what you said about expired cards though.
Are the card accounts still active? Did you get cashback twice per amex account in that case?
I don't have all the details here but I sync'd 3 cards of my wife's BAPP cards (which is a supplementary card), one in her maiden name that I think it still active and two in her current name, one of which i think is expired. I got 3 x £10 back for her cards. I also got £10 for my BAPP card.

So, £40 back on that one account.

I briefly posted about it previously: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19827783-post2683.html

I got £10 on my BA Gold and BMI cards too.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 6:06 pm
Suspended

I don't have all the details here but I sync'd 3 cards of my wife's BAPP cards (which is a supplementary card), one in her maiden name that I think it still active and two in her current name, one of which i think is expired. I got 3 x £10 back for her cards. I also got £10 for my BAPP card.

So, £40 back on that one account.

I briefly posted about it previously: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19827783-post2683.html

I got £10 on my BA Gold and BMI cards too.
OK, so here's a plan, Get an xbox from Tesco, do the offers, then change my mind about it within 14 days as per the returns policy
Old Dec 20, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I assume those are old offers, as I can't find them on Foresquare...
As others have said these are the Xbox ones - my reply came right after someone asking about Xbox offers!

PanGalactic - you've obviously been too busy spending on 4sq offers and missed the Xbox offers :P Only 10 days left to make use of the current ones now! Remember you can plug a USB keyboard into an Xbox - makes creating accounts much faster I can confirm Cineworld and Dixons Travel giftcards (bought in store) all work fine with the offers.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Argos is in the foursquare offers!

Do this one too for double points

http://www.cardmemberoffers.co.uk/bb/
The Argos one offers double Avios or double MRs, so I'll be doing that for 3/£1. Grab 5 x £20 gift cards, get £20 back and 300 Avios. Not bad.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
The Argos one offers double Avios or double MRs, so I'll be doing that for 3/£1. Grab 5 x £20 gift cards, get £20 back and 300 Avios. Not bad.
Do we know when the extra MRs are awarded for these? I signed into the offers and then bought gift cards back in November, but haven't seen any bonus MRs yet.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by KeithJenner
Do we know when the extra MRs are awarded for these? I signed into the offers and then bought gift cards back in November, but haven't seen any bonus MRs yet.
Did you hit the load to card button and get confirmation it's loaded?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
Originally Posted by flashware
Did you hit the load to card button and get confirmation it's loaded?
I'm not talking about the foursquare deal, but the Amex bonus MR's referred to above.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by KeithJenner
I'm not talking about the foursquare deal, but the Amex bonus MR's referred to above.
Oh, of course. Apologies.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
OK, so here's a plan, Get an xbox from Tesco, do the offers, then change my mind about it within 14 days as per the returns policy
Tesco's says it has to be unopened to return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.