Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:34 am

Hmmm, especially since you have to unlock something on halo, only just read that bit. Guess what I'll be getting the nephews to do on Christmas day??
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Hmmm, especially since you have to unlock something on halo, only just read that bit. Guess what I'll be getting the nephews to do on Christmas day??
Hehe - that sounds like an excellent plan :P £10 instant credit for syncing, CPW, Dixons Travel and Cineworld offers are all without having to complete any Halo 4 challenges.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Regarding buying HN vouchers online to avail of the offer.

It's highly unlikely to work.

"Please note, orders for Harvey Nichols Gift Vouchers are processed and despatched by Voucher Express and this name will appear on your payment card statement."
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Just been told that if I bring an xbox home it will be chucked in the bin no questions asked!

I don't suppose anyone knows if it's possible to run a virtual xbox on a mac or PC through virtualbox or vmware etc?

I can see some threads on various forums where gamers are discussing it but the consensus is that it's not worth the effort since xbox games won't play on other computers because they wouldn't have enough graphics power to run them, however in this case we don't care about that!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Just been told that if I bring an xbox home it will be chucked in the bin no questions asked!

I don't suppose anyone knows if it's possible to run a virtual xbox on a mac or PC through virtualbox or vmware etc?

I can see some threads on various forums where gamers are discussing it but the consensus is that it's not worth the effort since xbox games won't play on other computers because they wouldn't have enough graphics power to run them, however in this case we don't care about that!
What about the business need of an office Xbox?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by hingeless
Seriously, getting an xbox is not an option, not even for this!

I think I have discovered the limit of Mrs P's understanding of my points addiction
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:02 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

I think I have discovered the limit of Mrs P's understanding of my points addiction
R u not spending them on taking her away for the weekend to LH destinations
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond

Tell her it's, ermmmmm, a new Microsoft compact server with new-style mouse..... she'll buy that
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Hmmm, is it possible to rent an xbox360 console?

Could always pick one up cheap on ebay (and then re-sell later)

My gaming days are long behind me- died with the SNES & megadrive/genesis!

Just thinking out loud really- 12x £10 cineworld vouchers + a half price phone (forthcoming new blackberry) could make the hassle worthwhile..
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:18 pm

I had an Atari 2600 , does that count?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Pick up a faulty one off eBay for £40 or so. Not one that's totally ruined, but you can get them where the games don't play properly, but the DVD works and the online works. You'd get most of the money back selling it for spares again on eBay when you're done.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Not sure about doing LH for weekends, it has to be at least 5 nights really, SH for weekends

Also I just switched my personal earning preferences to Amex MR points and Cash as I'm quite satisfied with a high 6 figure Avios balance and 2(almost 3) x 241's! I'd also like to do my first churn on the BA cards soon.

It's hotel points I want now. But free money doesn't hurt either

In other news......

I just sent a text someone I know, just as a long shot, not really thinking he would own an xbox but might know someone who does. He sent me a text back saying he would drop one round to my house on his way out of town tomorrow and which one would I prefer, original or 360?

So, do I need the 360? or will the original be ok? (Just incase it gets thrown in the bin, hehe )
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:39 pm

Not sure about doing LH for weekends, it has to be at least 5 nights really, SH for weekends

Also I just switched my personal earning preferences to Amex MR points and Cash as I'm quite satisfied with a high 6 figure Avios balance and 2(almost 3) x 241's! I'd also like to do my first churn on the BA cards soon.

It's hotel points I want now. But free money doesn't hurt either

In other news......

I just sent a text someone I know, just as a long shot, not really thinking he would own an xbox but might know someone who does. He sent me a text back saying he would drop one round to my house on his way out of town tomorrow and which one would I prefer, original or 360?

So, do I need the 360? or will the original be ok? (Just incase it gets thrown in the bin, hehe )
Nothing wrong with LH weekends , SFO for the weekend is a cracker.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
I haven't looked into the Xbox thing, as I don't have one, and don't want one.

Just one question though. Is there the possibility of doubling up on offers with multiple cards (which would make it worth considering), or is it a one offer per Xbox deal, which makes it less attractive?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I'd ask him to bring the 360 - it's quite a few years old anyway and I'm not sure the original has the same live a/c support. Tesco are doing a 'free' Xbox with Samsung 40" TVs - around £550 all-in, which is pretty impressive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.