Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Roger
There's also some mumbo-jumbo about getting cash back with Xbox Live Gamertag, but for me that's in a different universe
I think we discussed it up-thread here? (getting mixed up between here and the MSE thread!) - it's very easy to do though - instant £10 for setting up the sync and some good offers that can be loaded onto your card from it - e.g Cineworld spend £10 get £10, Dixons Travel spend £50 get £25
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:52 pm

I checked in and loaded a week ago. Thinking of doing my 'shopping' on the weekend. Is it suggested to maybe do it all again for each account?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by EMPS
Excellent, thank you!
Wouldn't surprise me if it was luck of the draw.

I spoke to You First earlier intending to retrospectively add a 2-4-1 to an existing booking and was told that I can't. I know from reading on here that plenty of people have managed it fine.

Does anyone have any tips? When to call? Who to call (You First or the general line (I am lowly blue))? What to say?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Seeing as YouFirst told me that "there are no cot seats in F" the other day, and I have been assured by CC on here that is not the case, my advice would be not to take them too seriously. Great for booking a cabana or spa treatment, but not particularly knowledgable when it comes to anything else.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:45 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all

My colleague has asked me to let you know that the mailed companion voucher will no longer be received when the spend threshold is reached (in affect from 1 Dec 2012). However once you have qualified for the voucher an email will be sent to you detailing how to make use of it. For further details please visit ba.com."

I hope this is useful but please let us know if you have any questions

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

My colleague has asked me to let you know that the mailed companion voucher will no longer be received when the spend threshold is reached (in affect from 1 Dec 2012). However once you have qualified for the voucher an email will be sent to you detailing how to make use of it. For further details please visit ba.com."

I hope this is useful but please let us know if you have any questions

Warm regards

Nicci

Good move! Save the trees!

Paper vouchers are absolutely pointless!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Good move! Save the trees!

Paper vouchers are absolutely pointless!
Good move, totally agree ^
Old Dec 20, 2012, 6:53 am

Hi all, a couple of questions I hope you can clarify for me;

1. I redeemed a 241 in November paying £1206 in total. On my Amex statement it shows 3x the spend with BA - why is this? (We are both Bronze and have had no other spend recently with BA).

2. On my statement the booking class shows as B - this was an F redemption, is this correct?

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by smckay

I redeemed a 241 in November paying £1206 in total. On my Amex statement it shows 3x the spend with BA - why is this? (We are both Bronze and have had no other spend recently with BA).
Did you pay with a BAPP as you get 1.5 Avios per £ and that is doubled on BA spend?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
1. Is the 3x in pounds or Avios? With the BA PP card, you earn triple avios on spend with BA (= 3 per £).

In the AmEx statement, B is normally Business.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:32 am

Thank you both, that makes sense. ^
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
I think we discussed it up-thread here? (getting mixed up between here and the MSE thread!) - it's very easy to do though - instant £10 for setting up the sync and some good offers that can be loaded onto your card from it - e.g Cineworld spend £10 get £10, Dixons Travel spend £50 get £25
I assume those are old offers, as I can't find them on Foresquare...

Bit of a bonus today wandering into an Argos, wondering how to spend 20 quid usefully, and finding gift cards for a bunch of places...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I assume those are old offers, as I can't find them on Foresquare...

Bit of a bonus today wandering into an Argos, wondering how to spend 20 quid usefully, and finding gift cards for a bunch of places...
I don't think those are foursquare offers. They are offers you get via xbox.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Argos is in the foursquare offers!

Do this one too for double points

http://www.cardmemberoffers.co.uk/bb/
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I don't think those are foursquare offers. They are offers you get via xbox.
Yes they are - I bought £150 worth of Dixons Travel gift cards over 3 Amex cards and have the £75 cashback. The gift cards can also be used at Currys or PC World.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.