Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 5pike
I got a BA PP card when the 40k offer was around, I got a month left and i'm just short of the spend. However someone pointed out to me as I already hold an Amex Platinum I might not be able to claim the BA offer. I was under the impression they are 2 separate entities and therefore the offer on the BA card would still be valid. Can someone please clarify.

Thanks
Were you referred? The email has the T&Cs in it, or at least they do now.

To get the current 7000, the T&Cs are:

If you have already applied for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card without using this recommendation, you will not be eligible for the bonus Avios. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other British Airways Credit Cards in the past 6 months. Avios may take up to four weeks to be awarded and will appear in two installments of 6,000 and 1,000 Avios.
That last bit (my bold) is a bit odd.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
Screen shot of the BAPP 40k offer

Now, if Raffles would maintain a screen shot archive of all the sign up T&C's his blog readership would probably increase by half a dozen or so.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Presidents Club, Europcar Privilege Elite, HHonours Gold, Le Club Accor Platinum
Thanks Raffles

Chistery I wasn't referred, however I did just click a banner from my BA Exec account.

21H21J Thanks for the screenshot I seem to remember seeing something similar, and cannot see anything under the eligibility regarding owning other amex cards but maybe that is just related to the card and not the bonus.

I spoke with someone at the Amex call centre in Brighton earlier about another query, then also tagged this question on in the end the person was unsure although believed I wasn't likely to get the bonus due to holding the Plat card, however he did try to contact the team that dealt with BA related queries but they had finished for the day. I am unable to field calls tomorrow and he promised me he would call me back on Monday after finding out the answer.

I'll post back here when he gets back to me.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
There is a new offer with the Amex and foursquare deal. The last offers have expired in mid August but today, on twitter, Amex were promoting a spend a minimum of £25 on your foursquare linked Amex at Harvey Nichols and get £25 rebated back to your Amex.

If you are near the store this has to be a deal worth taking. I found that even if you don't want anything immediately, Amex don't know what you bought, so just buying gift vouchers triggers the rebate. Any Amex issued by Amex themselves or any other provider is acceptable for the offer.

Amex have confirmed to me that spend in all departments and concessions except Yo Sushi and Wagamama will generate the rebate.

I haven't found on the Amex site when the offer expires.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:37 am

I registerd and never got mine last time. I the registered a complaint and was told that they would look no it and come back to me in three weeks. That was five weeks ago and I've heard nothing. Be wary n
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by flyoff
There is a new offer with the Amex and foursquare deal. The last offers have expired in mid August but today, on twitter, Amex were promoting a spend a minimum of £25 on your foursquare linked Amex at Harvey Nichols and get £25 rebated back to your Amex.

If you are near the store this has to be a deal worth taking. I found that even if you don't want anything immediately, Amex don't know what you bought, so just buying gift vouchers triggers the rebate. Any Amex issued by Amex themselves or any other provider is acceptable for the offer.

Amex have confirmed to me that spend in all departments and concessions except Yo Sushi and Wagamama will generate the rebate.

I have a rubbish old phone, but I will try putting the app on my ipad and seeing if I can get wifi in the store to trigger it.

Daughter goes to school round the corner so always there.

Don't forget that HN has a decent fine shop and food store, so easy to spend just £25. No need to blow £2k on a dress!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
I have a rubbish old phone, but I will try putting the app on my ipad and seeing if I can get wifi in the store to trigger it.
You don't need to register on the day or even near the store. With the last promotion I registered for the offers at home and after some initial teething problems, when the promotion was launched, everything worked OK. You do need to follow their transactions carefully as you have to check in and then load the offer otherwise you won't get the credit back.

I think you have to provide a mobile number at the amex/ foursquare registration (I might be wrong) but I don't know if this is used to verify the transaction.

Their systems seem to work very fast. I received notifications of my transactions on my phone within minutes of buying the previous offers. The money was then credited back to my Amex within 2 or 3 days of the initial transaction being billed.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:46 am
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
I was registered to the offer that ended in August, does this need another registration?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
did we work out that the 40% conversion bonus on MR to Avios was only targeted, as I can't get the offer up in mine or my wifes account?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by ups
I was registered to the offer that ended in August, does this need another registration?
No you shouldn't need to do the initial resynch but you will need to "check in" and load the special deal.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC | VS FC | LH M&M
Originally Posted by Geoggy
did we work out that the 40% conversion bonus on MR to Avios was only targeted, as I can't get the offer up in mine or my wifes account?
I believe so, and sadly I was one of the ones who didn't get targeted either. All I seem to get in the revolving online banner are offers for East Coast rail > Trunkis > Hotel du Vin > 2 x Amex promotions - and these haven't changed for days.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by taff_2003
I believe so, and sadly I was one of the ones who didn't get targeted either. All I seem to get in the revolving online banner are offers for East Coast rail > Trunkis > Hotel du Vin > 2 x Amex promotions - and these haven't changed for days.
yes same here. Ah well. AM not desperate, will wait and see if another bonus appears that is universal.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by flyoff

Good tip, I'd see their post on facebook and was wondering what the best use of this deal would be.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:31 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Is the consensus that the 40% bonus for transferring Amex point to Avios is a good deal? I received the targeted offer and have 60,000 Amex points.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC | VS FC | LH M&M
Originally Posted by akersnl
Is the consensus that the 40% bonus for transferring Amex point to Avios is a good deal? I received the targeted offer and have 60,000 Amex points.
I've seen others talk about 100% bonuses being made available in the past, so if you don't need the Avios points in the near future, you might be wise to leave them in MR and wait and see if a better bonus does comes along. That said, I guess there are no guarantees you will be targeted if and when a better bonus does come along.

I'm sitting on about 90,000 MR points at the moment and, were I targeted with this promotion, I'd move them over since 40% is a lot of free miles and I'm not likely to ever move them out of MR into any other FF programme.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.