Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I'm having mixed results with this so far, based on using 10 different cards at GAP and the 4sq notifications 4/10
I hardly bother with the notifications now - as long as they post as credits that's all I care about Agree re. different stores - did the same with Gap up here (but screenshot taken of 'already loaded' for the store I was about to spend in!)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
I hardly bother with the notifications now - as long as they post as credits that's all I care about Agree re. different stores - did the same with Gap up here (but screenshot taken of 'already loaded' for the store I was about to spend in!)
So, have you had credits even without the notifications?

It did something weird when I checked the BMI cards on 4sq actually, it had a red box with the number 1, next to the 4sq logo as if there was a notification, but when I clicked on it it didn't have a notification, weird!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by mdj1
Are there any pre-paid cards that can be used at the moment like the old paypal one? Got a large tax bill to pay.
I'd like to think so but I think the answer is no.

I tried to use my Avios prepaid MasterCard and HMRC's system wanted to treat it as a credit card and charge a surcharge, as did my local borough for council tax.

It seems that the authorities' systems only recognise credit and debit cards and not stored value cards. I complained to my local council and got a predictable response (thank you, we'll look into it) but nothing since.

Oddly, I'm sure they accepted the previous Airmiles prepaid Visa card, so I guess it's just possible that MasterCard is the problem.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
I got a response back today regarding the missed credit on my account, which was basically "tough luck".

I can see why they have responded like that if their system shows that I didn't check in until a few days later (when I checked it) but I'm pretty certain that I did load it before the purchase.

From now on, I will be checking when I leave the shop that any notifications have arrived, and taking screen shots of the loaded screen if they haven't.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I've checked all my cards with the exception of the Lloyds Amex, and everything has posted.

I've only ever used the FS website to set up my initial account. From there, everything (including setting up the other accounts for other cards) has been done from the app on my phone. As with anything that involves technology and click tracking, the less devices you're using, the less chance there is for mistakes.

HMV tracked 3/3 on my BAPP, Plat and LTSBPDA
Stood outside the shop, checked in on the phone app, then logged in with another account, etc. until all 3 were loaded. Then made 3 transactions one after the other at the cash desk. No eyebrows raised.

House of Fraser tracked 2/2 on my BAPP and Plat doing the same thing.

Harvey Nicks tracked 2/2 on my BAPP and Plat. I haven't checked my LTSBPDA but I've no reason to think it hasn't worked. I just don't have mobile access to that account.
This was even more simple, as I got her to process the 3 gift cards as one transaction, and then paid £25 on each Amex.

Edit: Out of all these transactions, I've only had 1/8 notifications come through. Looks like they don't matter at all.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KeithJenner
I got a response back today regarding the missed credit on my account, which was basically "tough luck".

I can see why they have responded like that if their system shows that I didn't check in until a few days later (when I checked it) but I'm pretty certain that I did load it before the purchase.

From now on, I will be checking when I leave the shop that any notifications have arrived, and taking screen shots of the loaded screen if they haven't.
Perhaps too much of a hassle, but you could return the items, reload the offer and then buy them again.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Edit: Out of all these transactions, I've only had 1/8 notifications come through. Looks like they don't matter at all.
Thanks for the info, that is positive at least

But I still bet you a fiver the Lloyds ones won't work
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

But I still bet you a fiver the Lloyds ones won't work
My £5 HMV credit posted to my Lloyds Amex. Just haven't checked the Harvey Nicks one yet.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
So, have you had credits even without the notifications?
Oh definitely - 80-90% of the time!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:23 pm

The only card that I don't get any foursquare notifications is the BMI card...but so far I have not had any problem of getting the credit back.
I did not get any emails during the shop small promotions from the BMI card either, but did not have any problem of getting credit either.
Lloyds Amex worked fine, I have used it since May, when Amex first teamed up with foursquare in the UK, but at the time I did not know that I can sync multiple cards with multiple foursquare accounts...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
My £5 HMV credit posted to my Lloyds Amex. Just haven't checked the Harvey Nicks one yet.
My Harvey Nics posted to my Lloyds Amex about a week after the transaction.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:28 pm

Anyone else having problems with new foursquare accounts? I set up 2 new accounts yesterday with new email addresses but when I check in it is saying "sync my card" instead of the usual "load to card", when i click on sync my card it is saying there is a problem connecting to Amex
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by westers
Anyone else having problems with new foursquare accounts? I set up 2 new accounts yesterday with new email addresses but when I check in it is saying "sync my card" instead of the usual "load to card", when i click on sync my card it is saying there is a problem connecting to Amex
I had this on a card which was already synced to another account.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:41 pm
Suspended

My BAPP Avios zeroed on Sunday but haven't appeared in BAEC yet.

Normally they are in by the next day. Anyone else noticed delays this month?

Hopefully nothing to do with the upgrades!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Amex & BA Master Thread

My BAPP points transferred over perfectly this month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.