Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I suspect there's a window of time between making the purchase and the transaction being "processed" by Amex where you can load the deal.
That's interesting - I did a 'small shops' transaction and it came up on FS literally within a few minutes of leaving the shop.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Raffles
That's interesting - I did a 'small shops' transaction and it came up on FS literally within a few minutes of leaving the shop.
I find FS very hit-and-miss in this regard - sometimes it shows up a notification immediately, sometimes later, sometimes not at all - I'm guessing it perhaps depends a bit on which processing merchant the retailer uses?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
I find FS very hit-and-miss in this regard - sometimes it shows up a notification immediately, sometimes later, sometimes not at all - I'm guessing it perhaps depends a bit on which processing merchant the retailer uses?
I find you have to be logged into the app to get a notification. I made 3 transactions one after the other at HMV using 3 cards (and therefore had 3 offers loaded to different accounts). The only notification I got was for the account that was logged in on my phone when I made the transaction.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I find you have to be logged into the app to get a notification. I made 3 transactions one after the other at HMV using 3 cards (and therefore had 3 offers loaded to different accounts). The only notification I got was for the account that was logged in on my phone when I made the transaction.
I agree you definitely need to be logged in, but even when I've done I find it a bit hit or miss as to whether it notifies me or not. No major worry as long as it still posts on the statement though
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:45 am

how long are the £10 foursquare credit's taking to come through ? I've checked in on friday and still nothing showing and no confirmatory e-mail. thanks
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
This isn't the FS notification, but the actual cashback hitting my AMEX account - I never got the FS notification for that transaction, but did get the £10 back. For my wife's Frasers purchase, where I had pre-loaded the offer, the FS notification came within a few minutes of the transaction.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by janed9388
how long are the £10 foursquare credit's taking to come through ? I've checked in on friday and still nothing showing and no confirmatory e-mail. thanks
You won't get an email, in my experience - I've only had 1 in about 10 transactions now. You should get a notification pop-up in Foursquare - I've had that 80% of the time.

The cashback tends to be credited 2-3 days after the main transaction hits your statement.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:51 am

Emails tend to be more for non-FS Amex sync offers - e.g. for the Xbox Dixons Travel one I received an email straight after paying.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by janed9388
The credit isn't dependent on when you checkin, its when you make the purchase.

All my credits have appeared either 2 or 3 days after the transaction date on my Amex account. All spend from Friday, Saturday and Sunday has now reached my account (though I've a problem with my BMI Amex card - nothing is showing there).
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
The credit isn't dependent on when you checkin, its when you make the purchase.

All my credits have appeared either 2 or 3 days after the transaction date on my Amex account. All spend from Friday, Saturday and Sunday has now reached my account (though I've a problem with my BMI Amex card - nothing is showing there).
Has anyone else successfully used the BMI Amex? I was just about to sync mine up...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
That's not my experience. I've logged out and back into other accounts and have received notifications for purchases made.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Has anyone else successfully used the BMI Amex? I was just about to sync mine up...
Yep used it for quite a few things (most recently Harvey Nics £25 FS offer) and it worked fine - even got miles for the spend with no miles deducted for the credit ^
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Yep used it for quite a few things (most recently Harvey Nics £25 FS offer) and it worked fine - even got miles for the spend with no miles deducted for the credit ^
Beautiful. Guess I'd better load it up and get the GAP, HN and Tesco one loaded.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by flashware
Beautiful. Guess I'd better load it up and get the GAP, HN and Tesco one loaded.
Good luck with GAP - I tried to get the offer to load in several london stores and it just wouldn't come up. Tried closing down the app and checking in again a few times in each. No £10 for me...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Good luck with GAP - I tried to get the offer to load in several london stores and it just wouldn't come up. Tried closing down the app and checking in again a few times in each. No £10 for me...
I've loaded it for 3 cards now.

Now I wonder if I can send my wife out with my cards and get her to do all the buying... they don't seem to check who owns credit cards anymore as you just stick it in and enter the pin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.