Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Ooops ... clicked on the wrong card.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Wow, that's a pretty amazing deal! Sounds like a reason to apply for another card, as I have a few CW tickets to book... I should definitely spend more time on here
My bubble is quite intact

Although, I'm deeply upset with Lloyds for other reasons at the moment as you can read on the other thread.

Now I'm thinking about revenge!

2 ideas have crossed my mind so far, providing the bonus points show up on Mrs P's first statement with no issues.

1. Churning gold coins from france, I worked out on 100g bullion bars I would take a hit of about £2-300 per 6K or so but make about 80,000 Avios. (I know that it's frowned upon here by some people, but to be honest I think Lloyds are scum and deserve it)

2. I have a business with a merchant account, I'm waiting for the accountant to come back to me and confirm if it's OK to give a "directors loan" of just under £5k (in order to avoid being suspected of money laundering) via credit card using our own merchant account, then repay myself the money, then rinse and repeat as many times as possible for 3 months.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:28 am

Having FINALLY convinced myself that my aversion to paying an annual fee for a credit card is illogical if you actually do the sums, I have at last decided to apply for the Premium Plus card. I'd probably be borderline with the £20k spend for the free card and besides the extra Avios from the PP card are attractive and should counterbalance the annual fee so I'm kind of happy with that. Probably should have done it years ago

So..does any existing card holder want to refer me?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Dangermouse
Having FINALLY convinced myself that my aversion to paying an annual fee for a credit card is illogical if you actually do the sums, I have at last decided to apply for the Premium Plus card. I'd probably be borderline with the £20k spend for the free card and besides the extra Avios from the PP card are attractive and should counterbalance the annual fee so I'm kind of happy with that. Probably should have done it years ago

So..does any existing card holder want to refer me?
Sure, I've sent you a PM
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:21 am

I'm too late as always!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: BA
When you refer someone what personal information needs to be exchanged?
I've been approached on a different website with a similar offer to refer thread.
Before I go ahead what personal information becomes available or needs to be exchanged ?

I see the link on the AMEX site to refer someone, which I believe sends them an email link.

However, I'd prefer not to hand over any personal information to a random on the internet.

Thanks for advice
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by malkie
When you refer someone what personal information needs to be exchanged?
I've been approached on a different website with a similar offer to refer thread.
Before I go ahead what personal information becomes available or needs to be exchanged ?

I see the link on the AMEX site to refer someone, which I believe sends them an email link.

However, I'd prefer not to hand over any personal information to a random on the internet.

Thanks for advice
When I got my referral for the Platinum card I sent my chosen referrer a PM in which I disclosed my email address. Following an exchange of PMs I got an email from AMEX that enabled me to progress the application direct. I did get my referrer's email address but only because he emailed me in case the AMEX email had got caught in Spam. As such I don't think you will reveal any personal information unless you want to.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Olly-
Sure, I've sent you a PM
Thanks Olly- ^
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:53 am

Thanks Olly- ^
No problem
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Amarone
When I got my referral for the Platinum card I sent my chosen referrer a PM in which I disclosed my email address. Following an exchange of PMs I got an email from AMEX that enabled me to progress the application direct. I did get my referrer's email address but only because he emailed me in case the AMEX email had got caught in Spam. As such I don't think you will reveal any personal information unless you want to.
Just to confirm: I sent my email address and name via PM and then I received an email direct from Amex with the referral link to apply. No personal info was exchanged.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Amarone
Many thanks I guess Amex has to inform me if they are going to share any information.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG, Virgin Flying Club
Just to confirm: I sent my email address and name via PM and then I received an email direct from Amex with the referral link to apply. No personal info was exchanged.
Yes you just give your name and email address.
As a reminder, a guide to referrals and a list of referrers for Amex Plat has been created by Raffles at

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...mo-active.html ,

to keep the boards free of many postings offering / touting for referrals

Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Just some news in case anyone is interested - you will soon be able to use your Amex at Poundland who have announced they are going to start accepting the card. Might be a slow way to build up Avios though
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, PC-gold,SPG
Father in law died last week bless him. But at least the funeral home take Amex ( softened the blow). Another few grand closer to the voucher. :-)
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:45 pm
Used to be BAWatersideGuy

Programs: BAEC Blue, El Al Matmid, Amex Plat, PP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CX Gold, C.Carlson Gold, Hertz/Avis
Originally Posted by 99redballs
Father in law died last week bless him. But at least the funeral home take Amex ( softened the blow). Another few grand closer to the voucher. :-)
- Please let this be a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humour?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.