Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:09 pm

Luxury at SFO booked next month? Any ideas??

Hey all,

I’ve booked a Luxury grade car from Avis at SFO next month, any ideas on what would be available and any tips on what to look for? Not that clued up on non European motors.

Also, is it worth me going Avis preferred?

TIA
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Most common is the Chrysler 300, which while nice looking outside is pretty crappy inside. Outside chance of a Genesis sedan as I have seen a few of them floating around the west coast lots.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by mmoser2
Most common is the Chrysler 300, which while nice looking outside is pretty crappy inside. Outside chance of a Genesis sedan as I have seen a few of them floating around the west coast lots.
Excellent, thanks for the reply.

It seems like there are a few Lincoln models, what are these like and would you go for one over the Chrysler 300?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Kentred
Excellent, thanks for the reply.

It seems like there are a few Lincoln models, what are these like and would you go for one over the Chrysler 300?
The Lincoln Continental is the most comfortable rental car I've ever driven. If one of these becomes an option for you, I highly recommend it.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by mmoser2
I disagree. The 300 almost always comes with decent leather seats, a sunroof, navigation, premium audio, heated/cooled seats, and sometimes adaptive cruise control, plus its RWD-based. I'd take a 300 over an Audi A3 or front-drive BMW 228i with hard pleather seats and barebones interior anytime.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
The Lincoln Continental is the most comfortable rental car I've ever driven. If one of these becomes an option for you, I highly recommend it.

-J.
With what I said above, I don't mean that the 300 is the best choice. I'd take a well-equipped Lincoln over a 300 for sure. But Lincolns are relatively rare on rental lots and the Continental was discontinued two years ago. My advice to OP is don't fall for the badge - even a Chrysler Pacifica minivan has a nicer interior than some of the barebones base trim German brands that somehow qualify as "luxury" cars.
GW McLintock and sfmman2000 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by laner
Any recent experiences at YVR? I'm considering booking their special winter tire category, for which they give a Hyundai Elantra as an example. Anyone have any experience with what we'd actually get for that? I'd normally book an SUV, but figure the snow tires are more important as we'll be driving to Whistler - a sedan will be fine as long as the rear seat will fold down so that I can get our ski bags in.
To answer my own question, the only available winter tire equipped vehicles the day we arrived were a Chrysler Caravan or a Chevy Spark. The Caravan made it easy with the ski bags at least.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:19 pm

I'm booking a trip to Portland, OR in the spring. I've never rented from Avis before and am looking at getting a convertible. I see they have the Chrysler 200 and VW Bettle listed as well as the typical Mustang/Camaro. How common are the Chrysler and VW compared to the other two? I realize the Mustang/Camaro would likely be a turbo-4, which doesn't bother me, but I'd much prefer one of those to the VW or Chrysler.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:28 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Justin Morford
I'm booking a trip to Portland, OR in the spring. I've never rented from Avis before and am looking at getting a convertible. I see they have the Chrysler 200 and VW Bettle listed as well as the typical Mustang/Camaro. How common are the Chrysler and VW compared to the other two? I realize the Mustang/Camaro would likely be a turbo-4, which doesn't bother me, but I'd much prefer one of those to the VW or Chrysler.
The list on this thread requires users to update it. The VW/200 haven't been in the Avis fleet in a few years. I'd say with 99% certainty you'll get a Camaro or Mustang (Mustang being more likely based on what I've seen floating around the fleet lately.) I have seen a Jaguar F-Type and a few Corvettes in the last ~year but really doubt you'll get that on a standard convertible reservation.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:06 pm

I have President's Club with a 2-class upgrade and a reservation for a Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar) out of LGA. Any idea what I might get upgraded to/what might be considered a 2 class upgrade?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I have an upcoming "Intermediate" rental coming up in Key West. I am a president's club member, which in theory comes with a 2-class upgrade if such an upgrade is available. Any thoughts on what vehicle types that could result in? Would the 2-class upgrade be to a "full-size", or something more on the luxury side?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:50 pm

Was booking a car for Vegas next month and found that budget now offers Tesla model 3 and Y. The model 3 is classified as full-size electric plus and the model y is premium electric. I had no idea Avis had Tesla's. It doesn't show up on their site but yet it's there on Budget. Is this an error or did I just get lucky? Mind you each one had the worrisome "or similar" text attached to it. I'd be curious to see what they offer as a "similar" alternative

Last edited by peepzlolo; Feb 26, 2022 at 12:06 am
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by peepzlolo
Was booking a car for Vegas next month and found that budget now offers Tesla model 3 and Y. The model 3 is classified as full-size electric plus and the model y is premium electric. I had no idea Avis had Tesla's. It doesn't show up on their site but yet it's there on Budget. Is this an error or did I just get lucky? Mind you each one had the worrisome "or similar" text attached to it. I'd be curious to see what they offer as a "similar" alternative
Congrats! Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

David
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Is there a listing of which cars have Android auto? It's hard to go by make and model since they often strip the model down to the most basic configuration. Asking at the desk is pointless as they always have no clue. I figure the frequent renters might know. I usually avoid Toyota, though I haven't rented this year yet
Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by eng3
Is there a listing of which cars have Android auto? It's hard to go by make and model since they often strip the model down to the most basic configuration. Asking at the desk is pointless as they always have no clue. I figure the frequent renters might know. I usually avoid Toyota, though I haven't rented this year yet
Majority of newer model cars (2020+) have android auto even at their base level. I check this site before my arrival https://www.android.com/auto/compati...ility-vehicles . I know what cars they usually have for a class I reserved and check which of those have android auto. A while back I almost took a 2020 QX60 but didn't after I found on the above posted link that Android auto wasn't available. Hope this helps
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by peepzlolo
Majority of newer model cars (2020+) have android auto even at their base level. I check this site before my arrival https://www.android.com/auto/compati...ility-vehicles . I know what cars they usually have for a class I reserved and check which of those have android auto. A while back I almost took a 2020 QX60 but didn't after I found on the above posted link that Android auto wasn't available. Hope this helps
Yeah, I've been doing the exact same thing but I still occasionally end up with a car that does not AA eventhough it's on the list. I imagine as time moves on, this should become less and less (like the old days of running into cars that don't even have bluetooth)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.