Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:58 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KentuckyPride
Hi,

I’ll be in JFK early September. What are my chances of getting a Suburban/Navigator with all the inventory chaos happening?
Have an L group booking.

thanks in advance
Lately, I've seen tons of Expedition XLs (or whatever they call the long wheel base). Some new Suburbans/Yukon XLs are appearing and the older Suburbans are still very prevalent. I'd say >90% chance you get one of those. Small chance you get a Navigator. I'd say <1% chance you land an Escalade (the old version). But that's 3 months away so a lot can change.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 9:28 am

Hi,

I'm moving across the country again in a Minivan. I have (well technically my friend does, I'm just paying for it after) a Minivan rental from a non-airport Avis location (AVDB1) in South Florida. I'm trying to figure out what potential vehicle we will be getting (Chrysler Voyager or similar) and what are the best ways to try to get a better vehicle for this use case (still within "Minivans"). The use case being moving and the need being the second row seats Stow-n-go or similar. Essentially maximizing the cargo area. I've used Enterprise and Alamo previously and got a Grand Caravan back in 2018. This time around rental options were limited due to the lack of one-way rentals and were easily double the price.

What make/models and trims are generally showing up at lately?
What is the best way to achieve a desired vehicle, if options are available? It's my understanding that the fleet Voyager (LXi) has second row Stow-n-go.

If it helps, we are getting XMR, RSN, CDW, PAI, PEP, and ALI as well. The rental has been prepaid. I'm just moving boxes and a bicycle. Nothing crazy.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by montusama
Hi,

I'm moving across the country again in a Minivan. I have (well technically my friend does, I'm just paying for it after) a Minivan rental from a non-airport Avis location (AVDB1) in South Florida. I'm trying to figure out what potential vehicle we will be getting (Chrysler Voyager or similar) and what are the best ways to try to get a better vehicle for this use case (still within "Minivans"). The use case being moving and the need being the second row seats Stow-n-go or similar. Essentially maximizing the cargo area. I've used Enterprise and Alamo previously and got a Grand Caravan back in 2018. This time around rental options were limited due to the lack of one-way rentals and were easily double the price.

What make/models and trims are generally showing up at lately?
What is the best way to achieve a desired vehicle, if options are available? It's my understanding that the fleet Voyager (LXi) has second row Stow-n-go.

If it helps, we are getting XMR, RSN, CDW, PAI, PEP, and ALI as well. The rental has been prepaid. I'm just moving boxes and a bicycle. Nothing crazy.
I haven't rented with Avis for awhile, but the Chrysler Voyager is most common across all the major companies. The Dodge Grand Caravan was discontinued a couple years ago. The plan was to make the Voyager a fleet exclusive, but Chrysler is still selling Pacificas to rental companies. And there are still some Toyota Siennas in rental fleets. But I expect the Voyager will make up the majority of minivan fleets for the foreseeable future.

The caveat is that some of the rental companies have been buying used cars so there may be some outliers.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 7:55 am
Original Poster

From what I've seen lately, the Voyager/Grand Caravan are most common, with many Pacificas in the fleet as well. Siennas are often spotted but much less common and lower trim levels. I'm still seeing a few (low trim) Kia Sedona but not any Carnivals yet. The Pacifica is by far my favorite minivan buy the GC is also very well equipped. Both have great fold-flat seats in rows 2 & 3. As for trying to get a specific one, it's the luck of the draw. You can ask, but lots have been very empty lately so you might not have good luck getting a specific model. If you get stuck with something poor, you can always go to another/larger site and ask to swap out.
Originally Posted by m907
The Dodge Grand Caravan was discontinued a couple years ago.
For what it's worth, the last GC actually rolled off the production line last August! It's been fleet-only for a while but they held onto that for as long as they possibly could.
jakeller, Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Has anyone rented in BOI lately? I have no idea what to expect, other than I guess a Camry or maybe some Hyundai crossover on my fullsize res (with supposed double upgrade on top of that)

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Jun 24, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:21 am

Hi

LAX in September:
what should I expect with group H? 🤔
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
From what I've seen lately, the Voyager/Grand Caravan are most common, with many Pacificas in the fleet as well. Siennas are often spotted but much less common and lower trim levels. I'm still seeing a few (low trim) Kia Sedona but not any Carnivals yet. The Pacifica is by far my favorite minivan buy the GC is also very well equipped. Both have great fold-flat seats in rows 2 & 3. As for trying to get a specific one, it's the luck of the draw. You can ask, but lots have been very empty lately so you might not have good luck getting a specific model. If you get stuck with something poor, you can always go to another/larger site and ask to swap out.

For what it's worth, the last GC actually rolled off the production line last August! It's been fleet-only for a while but they held onto that for as long as they possibly could.

Thank you for your reply. Somehow we got a Nissan Pathfinder. Most of my stuff managed to fit, the rest was trashed. I'm kinda unhappy about this but it's technically not my rental. Not sure if we have any recourse to begin with or if it's even worth the effort. I just need to move.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:12 am

Thank you for your reply. Somehow we got a Nissan Pathfinder. Most of my stuff managed to fit, the rest was trashed. I'm kinda unhappy about this but it's technically not my rental. Not sure if we have any recourse to begin with or if it's even worth the effort. I just need to move.
If your reservation was actually for a minivan, I would definitely complain to customer service.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by m907
If your reservation was actually for a minivan, I would definitely complain to customer service.
It was. The reservation shows a minivan. Also we are getting a low tire pressure warning on the tire and we filled it up yesterday.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:58 am

It was. The reservation shows a minivan. Also we are getting a low tire pressure warning on the tire and we filled it up yesterday.
It's probably not even worth the effort, but you could stop at a location along the way and ask for a swap. It would probably need to be a major airport. You probably don't want to move all your stuff over though.

In any case, I would definitely contact Avis customer service via Twitter or the BBB after you return it.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
On Saturday at BOI I saw a Dodge Charger R/T on the lot. Anyone know what class that would fall under?

-J.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
On Saturday at BOI I saw a Dodge Charger R/T on the lot. Anyone know what class that would fall under?

-J.
Haven't had one in over a year, but last I knew, it was specialty.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
Was it a Charger R/T or a Challenger R/T? I've gotten the Challenger recently.

David
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DELee
Was it a Charger R/T or a Challenger R/T? I've gotten the Challenger recently.
Charger sedan. I was kind of surprised to see it.

-J.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 6:54 am

Silly Question but I've an existing Alamo Compact booking but I am seeing a $25 (overall cost over 3 days) cheaper option with Avis - Premium car at SLC. The reviews have been favorable for Alamo vs Avis at SLC - wondering what you folks' opinion is. Should i cancel Alamo and go with Avis? My trip isn't till early Sept

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.