Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:05 am

I made a reservation for Full Size SUV (says Chevy Tahoe or similar) at Avis on Portland Int. Airport PDX. Does anybody know what can I expect, what are those other options referring similar?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by mtldesai809
I made a reservation for Full Size SUV (says Chevy Tahoe or similar) at Avis on Portland Int. Airport PDX. Does anybody know what can I expect, what are those other options referring similar?
It's all listed in the wiki.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
I work at a hotel very adjacent to Tampa International Airport, which sees probably 75-80% of valeted cars rentals. The other day, I spotted a Jeep Gladiator which appeared to be from Avis/Budget's fleet. It had a new "swing open" eToll transponder on the windshield and no smoking stickers in both windows. Interesting!
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:08 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by isiegel3
I work at a hotel very adjacent to Tampa International Airport, which sees probably 75-80% of valeted cars rentals. The other day, I spotted a Jeep Gladiator which appeared to be from Avis/Budget's fleet. It had a new "swing open" eToll transponder on the windshield and no smoking stickers in both windows. Interesting!
I had one very recently from Avis. I've now seen ~4 of them in the fleet. I love convertibles, but feel they're not the safest (road debris, rollover) and always so low that they're hard to get into/out of for someone that's 6'. I quite enjoyed the Gladiator. Sure, it was basic and has the usual Wrangler road noise and rough ride, but riding around with the top pushed back gave the feel of a convertible, without the concerns of a typical convertible. I'd definitely take one again.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I had one very recently from Avis. I've now seen ~4 of them in the fleet. I love convertibles, but feel they're not the safest (road debris, rollover) and always so low that they're hard to get into/out of for someone that's 6'. I quite enjoyed the Gladiator. Sure, it was basic and has the usual Wrangler road noise and rough ride, but riding around with the top pushed back gave the feel of a convertible, without the concerns of a typical convertible. I'd definitely take one again.
What vehicle class did you book? Or what was the vehicle?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by isiegel3
What vehicle class did you book? Or what was the vehicle?
Listed as "Cool Cars" on the receipt. When I got there, it had an upgrade tag in the window ($50/day maybe?). But I asked for it and was gladly given it as a CHM.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: A3 *S, JK *G (not anymore), HH G (not anymore)
Got a (quite dirty) Nissan Pathfinder with nearly 20,000 miles on the clock after booking a Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar) from Boston Logan airport. This vehicle does not appear as a W-class option in the wiki, so you may want to add it.

Last edited by trantor2312; Aug 13, 2019 at 4:48 pm Reason: grammar correction
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trantor2312
Got a (quite dirty) Nissan Pathfinder with nearly 20,000 miles on the clock after booking a Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar) from Boston Logan airport. This vehicle does not appear as a W-class option in the wiki, so you may want to add it.
Once returned, can you check your receipt to see what it shows for vehicle received? While you booked W, I'd say the Pathfinder is most likely an S as it's more along the lines of an Explorer vs. Edge since it seats 7.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:18 pm

It says Nissan Pathfinder... actually, it had 7 seats, with the two on the last row folded for more trunk space.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:26 pm

It says Nissan Pathfinder... actually, it had 7 seats, with the two on the last row folded for more trunk space.
Although there is no specific class (letter) mention, this is stated on the receipt as follows...

Vehicle group charged: Standard SUV 5-Pass
Vehicle group rented: Standard SUV 7-Pass
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:34 pm

Although there is no specific class (letter) mention, this is stated on the receipt as follows...

Vehicle group charged: Standard SUV 5-Pass
Vehicle group rented: Standard SUV 7-Pass
They gave you an "upgrade".
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:37 pm

If you want a specific car....

Go and look at the car park/lot before you go to the desk! Don’t take ‘we haven’t got one’ for an answer. I wanted/ordered a mustang or similar was given an SUV, we went downstairs and saw several parked up....
Rather than take the SUV I went back upstairs and got what I wanted :-) Remember you’re the customer paying!
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:28 pm

Group G car, picked up from DEN this morning: Dodge Charger R/T. For those unfamiliar with Mopar terminology, that's the one with the 5.7 litre V8. The next three weeks will be fun!
m907 likes this.

Last edited by davehadfield; Sep 18, 2019 at 5:11 pm Reason: Missing word.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:54 am

ANC midzide car
2019 Corolla hatchback
very bad experience, especially small trunk ( only fit 1 standard case)
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:26 pm

Minivans at TYS (Knoxville)

I see that there are several possibilities when renting a minivan from Avis. I booked a one-way from Knoxville to Texas next week. Would you say that most of the minivan fleet has transitioned over to Pacificas, or is there a good chance I’ll get something else? I want a Pacifica, as the other options seem pretty crappy for my 1,200 mile journey.

Last edited by prtrgrams; Sep 23, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.