Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
Not sure about how Avis/Budget is rolling out at other airports, but if you're looking to rent a new Gladiator, Tampa International has recently gotten an influx of them into their fleet so if you're visiting Tampa and have a truck booked, your chances of receiving one are fairly decent!
m907 and ramblerj like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:54 pm

I need an 8 passenger vehicle for upcoming trip to Colorado. I also need it in 4x4 or AWD does anyone know what they have to LAX or BUR airports?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:36 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phaseshift
I need an 8 passenger vehicle for upcoming trip to Colorado. I also need it in 4x4 or AWD does anyone know what they have to LAX or BUR airports?
For 8 pax, LAX usually has lots of Suburbans, Yukon XLs and a handful of Expeditions. However, some of these have bucket seats in the 2nd row, so only seat 7. As for 4x4/AWD, Avis won't guarantee it on anything and most of them plated in CA don't have 4x4. Your best bet is to reserve a Tahoe/Suburban and walk the lot when you get there. Find what you want and go ask for it, specifically. And have a backup or two in case they don't have/won't do what you want.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
A quick data point from my pick up at LAX yesterday. I booked a the class Tahoe or similar which I believe is Z-Class. Talked to rep and walked the lot, pretty much only Tahoes in this class at this location all equipped with the LT package. Asked about expedition and they unfortunately only have the Expedition Max here. I did see one lone Seqouia parked in the lot too.

Usually rent from Hertz, I have to say I am surprised at the high mileage on the vehicles I was offered and how dirty the cars in the Avis lot were.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
For 8 pax, LAX usually has lots of Suburbans, Yukon XLs and a handful of Expeditions. However, some of these have bucket seats in the 2nd row, so only seat 7. As for 4x4/AWD, Avis won't guarantee it on anything and most of them plated in CA don't have 4x4. Your best bet is to reserve a Tahoe/Suburban and walk the lot when you get there. Find what you want and go ask for it, specifically. And have a backup or two in case they don't have/won't do what you want.
thank you for that, having never rented with Avis/Budget before am I able to have multiple reservations? If we can't get a 4x4/AWD 8 passenger then I would have to rent two 4x4 Jeeps Wranglers for the trip. Will this be doable?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phaseshift
thank you for that, having never rented with Avis/Budget before am I able to have multiple reservations? If we can't get a 4x4/AWD 8 passenger then I would have to rent two 4x4 Jeeps Wranglers for the trip. Will this be doable?
Sorry for not being clear; I meant have your reservation at Avis and then a backup or two at nearby locations (Budget/Hertz are closest; others a bit further). But you can have an 8 pax and two for Jeeps from one location, sure. Just make sure to not prepay!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:15 pm

Any chance if I book a full size, I could be upgraded to an intermediate SUV or full size SUV? How many classes would that be? It's weird because the letters start jumping around. I'm Avis Preferred Plus.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by googs185
Any chance if I book a full size, I could be upgraded to an intermediate SUV or full size SUV? How many classes would that be? It's weird because the letters start jumping around. I'm Avis Preferred Plus.
Yes there's a chance, but if you need an SUV you should book an SUV.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
There's an acronym WFBF (want first class, buy first class)... I guess here we could use WSUVBSUV

-J.
IAHtraveler and davehadfield like this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
According to the app I've been upgraded to a Volvo Xc60. Does anyone know if it has the remote start option? I'm in Milwaukee this week and really want a vehicle with that option.

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
According to the app I've been upgraded to a Volvo Xc60. Does anyone know if it has the remote start option? I'm in Milwaukee this week and really want a vehicle with that option.

Thanks
None of the rental Volvos I've seen have had remote start, so I'd doubt it has it.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:34 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Yep. Thanks for the reply. No remote start and they didn't have any cars with remote start when I arrived. And of course it was 9 degrees (F) this morning.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:31 am

How high are the chances that if i book convertible class i won't get a Mustang oder Camaro? I'm planning a trip and from 1st to 5th of May i wanna rent a convertible in LA. And is there enough space for 2 cabin sized and 2 L sized suitcases ?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flx221
How high are the chances that if i book convertible class i won't get a Mustang oder Camaro? I'm planning a trip and from 1st to 5th of May i wanna rent a convertible in LA. And is there enough space for 2 cabin sized and 2 L sized suitcases ?
I'd say >95% that you'll get a Mustang it Camaro. Really not much else that you could get on a convertible reservation except the lone 370z convertible that they often have there.

And that's a lot of luggage to fit in a tiny car. If the roof is up and you don't have a passenger, I could see it barely working (large suitcase in both the passenger and back seats, smaller cases in the trunk). With a passenger (or the top in the trunk) it's highly unlikely.

The only way it might work is if you get a gladiator. They've been using them for convertible reservations in some locations. But if I booked a convertible and got that, I'd most likely cancel and go elsewhere.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I'd say >95% that you'll get a Mustang it Camaro. Really not much else that you could get on a convertible reservation except the lone 370z convertible that they often have there.

And that's a lot of luggage to fit in a tiny car. If the roof is up and you don't have a passenger, I could see it barely working (large suitcase in both the passenger and back seats, smaller cases in the trunk). With a passenger (or the top in the trunk) it's highly unlikely.

The only way it might work is if you get a gladiator. They've been using them for convertible reservations in some locations. But if I booked a convertible and got that, I'd most likely cancel and go elsewhere.
Thank you very much for your detailed answer.
I will be with my girlfriend, so we're 2. Based on your answer the convertible is a no-go then, we will have the suitcases only from and to the airport ?! I don't know why but i really want this to work. It's my first time in LA (or USA in general) and that's at least what I imagined I'm gonna drive in LA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.