Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
On Saturday at BOI I saw a Dodge Charger R/T on the lot. Anyone know what class that would fall under?

-J.
Here's what I posted in the "2019 List Your upgrades" thread:

"Preferred
DEN
Booked: Premium
Assigned: Dodge Charger R/T

On the invoice the car category supplied is shown as "X". Avis UK does still show vehicle groups, but X is not one of the groups they list; however, on the US website the Charger R/T is the "or similar" for Standard Elite Coupe, the same group as, for example, Mustang GT & Camaro SS. A useful upgrade from the normal Taurus or Impala!"

Apologies for the somewhat late reply; while the US had a travel ban in place for us furriners I didn't even want to think about US rental cars. Haven't prices shot up!
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I was not thrilled with my upgrade to a base trim Prius here in SLC but holy .... am I glad. I have never seen gas so expensive here in my life. I have driven around 150 miles so far and I've probably used less than two gallons of gas. Tomorrow when I return the car I'm going to try to keep it in EV mode the whole way to the airport, though even if I don't, I'll still get around 50 mpg. I'm not a fan of the Prius but it absolutely serves its purpose.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:54 am

I was not thrilled with my upgrade to a base trim Prius here in SLC but holy .... am I glad. I have never seen gas so expensive here in my life. I have driven around 150 miles so far and I've probably used less than two gallons of gas. Tomorrow when I return the car I'm going to try to keep it in EV mode the whole way to the airport, though even if I don't, I'll still get around 50 mpg. I'm not a fan of the Prius but it absolutely serves its purpose.

-J.
Gas was approaching $5 in California when I was there last month.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by m907
Gas was approaching $5 in California when I was there last month.
Yeah, I topped off near LAX on Wednesday at $4.39 a gallon or something like that

-J.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I have had several west coast trips recently ( SMF x2, FAT, SJC, SEA) and the number of new Honda's in the west coast fleet was surprising. I haven't ran into many throughout the rest of the country yet. A ton of Sport trim Civic's and Accords, as well as EX trim CRV's and base trim Accord Hybrids.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:29 am

I think a few weeks ago, someone mentioned Hondas at EWR, with used car dealer stickers in the back and cerified pre owned logos on the front plate brackets. Usually with FL plates.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:32 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I think a few weeks ago, someone mentioned Hondas at EWR, with used car dealer stickers in the back and cerified pre owned logos on the front plate brackets. Usually with FL plates.
Yep, I've seen them in a few east coast locations (both northeast and south of the Mason Dixon line). Quite a few had signs of prior ownership (Honda certified preowned stickers, dealer stickers/plate frames, front license plates, etc). Very odd to see, but a welcomed change. If nothing else, just driving something that I don't get to try every other week (looking at you Explorer, Tahoe, 300, etc).
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
The ones I encountered out west all appeared to have been purchased new. I had a 21 Accord Hybrid from SMF with 3k miles on it. Far better than being stuck with a Prius. I also had a CRV assigned to me at SJC with 800 miles on it, until somehow the agent also assigned it to a woman who insisted it be hers. I ended up with a bare bones Rav 4, would have much rather had the Honda.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: OnePass
I have a 'Premium SUV (Ford Expedition or similar)' booking out of LAX in early Nov. Anyone know what's currently carried out of that location for this class?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adeel
I have a 'Premium SUV (Ford Expedition or similar)' booking out of LAX in early Nov. Anyone know what's currently carried out of that location for this class?
I saw a Ford Expedition there last month.

-J.
Adeel likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

TONS of new Yukon/Yukon XL/Tahoe/Suburbans in the fleet lately. Most are VERY well equipped and are my go-to anymore. LAX specifically had many of each ~2 months ago.
Adeel likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I booked a standard SUV out of LAX a weekend ago since our local Avis did not have anything. After my wife dropped me off, I scouted this multi acre lot and they are replete with multiple Premium SUVs and I asked for and was given a Yukon for my rental.

David
Adeel likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I have booked an F group SUV, Mazda CX-5 or similar at MCO. I am Avis Preferred so should get a choice. What would you recommend if available?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by botham
I have booked an F group SUV, Mazda CX-5 or similar at MCO. I am Avis Preferred so should get a choice. What would you recommend if available?
Not sure what you mean by a choice... Avis pre-assigns cars. You will get what you get, and may have the option to swap within the app or if you ask nicely at the booth. But this is not National where you pick a random vehicle.

Last time I was in MCO (last month) I saw a CX5 and a Ford Escape.

-J.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Not sure what you mean by a choice... Avis pre-assigns cars. You will get what you get, and may have the option to swap within the app or if you ask nicely at the booth. But this is not National where you pick a random vehicle.

Last time I was in MCO (last month) I saw a CX5 and a Ford Escape.

-J.
thanks for your reply.

On previous rentals Orlando and Miami airports, we’ve been allocated a vehicle but told as preferred customers we can choose any of the vehicles in the preferred line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.