Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Speciality @ ATL

Infiniti M35/45
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
[B]
[*]

Standard SUV

Avis Example: Jeep Commander

I reserved the Jeep Commander class(Group S on my contract) and received a Toyota Highlander V6 with 7,200 miles in MIA.

It was a beautiful shade of baby blue, perfect color for 3 guys cruising South Beach looking for attractive ladies
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:04 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I'll update the list tonight, with my recent finding: A Toyota Sequoia

Originally Posted by writes123
premium class @ GSP airport: mercury or chrysler 300
Writes, welcome to FT! Are you sure a Chrysler 300 is now a premium car? Everytime I've rented it, it's shown up as a "Specialty" car on my receipt. Also, which Mercury are you referring to, the Grand Marquis?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Writes, welcome to FT! Are you sure a Chrysler 300 is now a premium car? Everytime I've rented it, it's shown up as a "Specialty" car on my receipt. Also, which Mercury are you referring to, the Grand Marquis?
I know in another thread he phoned GSP to ask what cars were in Premium class and he was told the Grand Marquis or Chrysler 300.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
I know in another thread he phoned GSP to ask what cars were in Premium class and he was told the Grand Marquis or Chrysler 300.
In Feb, it was a "Cool Car", but things could have changed. Or GSP might not have much at all in the way of Premium cars, so they "upgrade" people to it from a premium reservation. If anyone rents a 300, please check your online receipt and post the results.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:06 am

In Feb, it was a "Cool Car", but things could have changed. Or GSP might not have much at all in the way of Premium cars, so they "upgrade" people to it from a premium reservation. If anyone rents a 300, please check your online receipt and post the results.
rental is for later in the month. premium @ GSP is grand marquis or Chrysler 300 and luxury is CTS and DTS. not much in the way of specialty cars from what the person told me over the phone. hoping for a free upgrade from premium (reserved) to luxury.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: United Premier, Avis First, Marriott Platinum
subaru legacy 2.5i "limited"

I recently rented out of MCO, but since I arrived early AM on a redeye, the Avis stalls were 100% empty. First car to roll out of the car wash that morning for me was a Subaru Legacy 2.5i "Limited" (automatic transmission, Harmon Kardon stereo, etc.).

Requested rental class was Full Size (Group E), receipt shows that the Subaru Legacy is a Standard (Group D). The rental lady seemed confused that I'd settle for a "lower class" car, but the Subie was nicer than the usual American cars, imho. My receipt shows my billing rate was actually at the Group C rate... go figure! The lady must have cut me some slack.

Not sure I'd buy one myself, but it was a decent car to drive for a couple weeks. I didn't know that Avis MCO kept Subarus in the stable... but there we are.

Last edited by scootle; Apr 6, 2009 at 7:53 pm Reason: fixed billing details
Old Apr 6, 2009, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scootle
I recently rented out of MCO, but since I arrived early AM on a redeye, the Avis stalls were 100% empty. First car to roll out of the car wash that morning for me was a Subaru Legacy 2.5i "Limited" (automatic transmission, Harmon Kardon stereo, etc.).

Requested rental class was Full Size (Group E), receipt shows that the Subaru Legacy is a Standard (Group D). The rental lady seemed confused that I'd settle for a "lower class" car, but the Subie was nicer than the usual American cars, imho. My receipt shows my billing rate was actually at the Group C rate... go figure! The lady must have cut me some slack.

Not sure I'd buy one myself, but it was a decent car to drive for a couple weeks. I didn't know that Avis kept Subarus in the stable... but there we are.
I had an Outback from CLE a few months ago that had ~3000 miles, and I thought it was an underachiever... The exhaust sounded 'tinny' and the car smelled like my own Outback when an oil seal was leaking at 105k miles. The pick-up was poor, also, but I'm glad you liked the high-end Legacy. I'll add it to the "D" list.

Also, about the billing: If I've been "downgraded", they've always charged me for a class lower than I was given, no matter what I booked. I'm not sure if it's written policy, just something the agents always do or what (maybe ezmonee can clarify).
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Also, about the billing: If I've been "downgraded", they've always charged me for a class lower than I was given, no matter what I booked. I'm not sure if it's written policy, just something the agents always do or what (maybe ezmonee can clarify).
ezmonee posted on another thread recently that it is a written policy to charge a class lower on downgrades. That policy exists in case they run tight on cars and to keep people moving. I'm the same way, I've often gone a class lower to drive something that interested me, or in cases when my reserved class isn't available.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:03 pm

Programs: United Premier, Avis First, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
ezmonee posted on another thread recently that it is a written policy to charge a class lower on downgrades. That policy exists in case they run tight on cars and to keep people moving. I'm the same way, I've often gone a class lower to drive something that interested me, or in cases when my reserved class isn't available.
That is excellent info to note for future reference. Thank you Tuneman and IAHtraveler.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by scootle
That is excellent info to note for future reference. Thank you Tuneman and IAHtraveler.
OT, but welcome to FlyerTalk and thanks for the info! I hadn't noticed you just joined.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:00 pm

Going to LAX end april/may and ordered a Class D or fusion.. now idk but are there alot of fusions at lax?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I got an 09 Malibu on a full size res in DEN in December, and was told that the new model was a full size. I guess the nod to Avis First was that it had under 200 miles. Otherwise pretty basic.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djk7
I got an 09 Malibu on a full size res in DEN in December, and was told that the new model was a full size.
As I expected... since it's the same as the Saturn Aura with a bit of GM's usual 'badge engineering.' Thanks for the confirmation!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Requested a pick-up this weekend & got a Toyota Tundra (showed as Specialty) ^^

When I took it back, they had a Nissan Versa on the lot (looked & felt brand new, inside & out--someone left it unlocked ). The location was closed so I don't know the class, but I'll put it on the roster; hopefully someone will be able to enlighten us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.