Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: AY Silver. HHonors Gold & the other shiny cards you get with the AX plat
Apparently the Dodge Charger is now full-size instead of premium. Please add to the Wiki list.
Received a Charger with Georgia plates in MCO a couple of weeks ago.
From the receipt:
Vehicle Group Rented: Full-Size
Vehicle Group Charged: Full-Size
Vehicle Description: SIL DODGE CHARGER
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by TapioR
Apparently the Dodge Charger is now full-size instead of premium. Please add to the Wiki list.
Received a Charger with Georgia plates in MCO a couple of weeks ago.
From the receipt:
Vehicle Group Rented: Full-Size
Vehicle Group Charged: Full-Size
Vehicle Description: SIL DODGE CHARGER
Charger has been full-size for years.

-J.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:59 am

Any ideas how to get the best/sportiest car in the LA area for an upcoming 31 day roadtrip on the west coast, returning LAX? I was thinking pick up in Beverly Hills rather than LAX to avoid the airport fees and because I don't need a car on arrival in LA, but willing to pick up at LAX if it gives substantially better selection and greater likelihood of car I want. I can use an AWD for my company that provides a huge discount but only applies to cars in Premium or lower classes. I was going to pair that with the current code for free class upgrade (ie book Full Size, get Premium). My ideal car for this trip is a Mustang (EcoBoost is fine but this is the bucket list road trip, so V8 would be even better) or anything with a good combination of 'go', comfort and style---eg, I'd be happy with a V6 Genesis or even a well equipped V6 Camry, but would be sad to get a 180 horsepower turbo-4 Passat or a gutless Challenger.

To summarize:
1. LAX vs Beverly Hills / other Avis station for sporty/comfortable cars (preferably not SUVs, but I wouldn't say no to a BMW X3 or X5)?
2. Possibility of getting a Mustang or other decent car from a Full Size free upgrade to Premium?
3. Any other considerations or advice on how to get the best car?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Zeppilus
Any ideas how to get the best/sportiest car in the LA area for an upcoming 31 day roadtrip on the west coast, returning LAX? I was thinking pick up in Beverly Hills rather than LAX to avoid the airport fees and because I don't need a car on arrival in LA, but willing to pick up at LAX if it gives substantially better selection and greater likelihood of car I want. I can use an AWD for my company that provides a huge discount but only applies to cars in Premium or lower classes. I was going to pair that with the current code for free class upgrade (ie book Full Size, get Premium). My ideal car for this trip is a Mustang (EcoBoost is fine but this is the bucket list road trip, so V8 would be even better) or anything with a good combination of 'go', comfort and style---eg, I'd be happy with a V6 Genesis or even a well equipped V6 Camry, but would be sad to get a 180 horsepower turbo-4 Passat or a gutless Challenger.

To summarize:
1. LAX vs Beverly Hills / other Avis station for sporty/comfortable cars (preferably not SUVs, but I wouldn't say no to a BMW X3 or X5)?
2. Possibility of getting a Mustang or other decent car from a Full Size free upgrade to Premium?
3. Any other considerations or advice on how to get the best car?
In general, a major airport location will have the widest selection. A non-airport location can usually get you a Mustang, but it's very unlikely you'll get a V8.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:33 am

What does Full Size get me at SFO these days?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by asheus3
What does Full Size get me at SFO these days?
In September it got me a Mazda 6.

-J.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:18 pm

Hi,

I have a long rental booked from Portland Maine airport (152 days). The cheapest option that gave me a decent sized car was the luxury car option. Anyone here know what I'm likely to get? Also, if there's any other options i should be considering for a rental this long, i've never had to rent a car this long before and i figure buying something would just be a pain and probably end up costing more anyways.

Thanks

Ian
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ian Fox
Hi,

I have a long rental booked from Portland Maine airport (152 days). The cheapest option that gave me a decent sized car was the luxury car option. Anyone here know what I'm likely to get? Also, if there's any other options i should be considering for a rental this long, i've never had to rent a car this long before and i figure buying something would just be a pain and probably end up costing more anyways.

Thanks

Ian
If the current car market wasn't so terrible, I would say that is a horrible idea. I would still call a few places and see if you could do a short term lease or look into specialty places. Also consider doing several 30-day (or less) rentals as sometimes that prices out cheaper.

-J.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:54 am

IAH

What sport options does IAH have? I've only seen Dodge R/T and mustangs.

Reserved a started coupe and have PC. What could be the upgrade? I wouldn't mind paying for something higher;however, no Corvettes or anything show up on the website for reservation.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Dasteacher
What sport options does IAH have? I've only seen Dodge R/T and mustangs.

Reserved a started coupe and have PC. What could be the upgrade? I wouldn't mind paying for something higher;however, no Corvettes or anything show up on the website for reservation.
You're not going to get a Corvette. It'll be a Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:18 pm

Hello just wondering if anybody has any experience of what make / model a full size car is likely to be from Avis at YVR at the moment and how likely is it to include GPS as standard?

Last edited by thehails; Mar 21, 2022 at 4:39 pm
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:43 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Has anyone been to MCO lately with a Minivan resy? Curious what models they typically have and if they have loaded Pacificas or just standard Voyager/Grand Caravans?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:54 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Utskicat
Has anyone been to MCO lately with a Minivan resy? Curious what models they typically have and if they have loaded Pacificas or just standard Voyager/Grand Caravans?
Haven't been to MCO lately, but the bigger stations seem to be dominated by Siennas and Carnivals. Sienna is relatively basic, but they're all hybrid and have the usual safety features that come standard on Toyota now. Carnivals are meh. If you're not driving far, I suggest trying to get a Pacifica since they usually have many more features than the others. But I had a ~3000 mile trip a few weeks ago in a Sienna and pulling near 40MPG was amazing for the size!
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:51 pm

I posted here a few weeks ago about Budget having Tesla's at Las Vegas. I was skeptical but when I landed, I was given a brand new Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor in white. Only had 719 miles. Also had no plates. Just a temp registration in the window. It was a good ride. Pretty happy with the car. Definitely saved on gas this trip. Some things to note,
the car must be returned to LAS. Each Tesla had an orange "LAS" sticker above the bar code they scan when you leave indicating it belongs to that station.

Another thing is to check the paperwork when you leave. The agent somehow said I had 21 miles while leaving and returned with 1023 miles so I was charged $60 for going over the 800mi limit. Thankfully I had a photo of the mileage when I left. Was refunded accordingly.

Last, not car related but the fastbreak agent seemed annoyed with giving me a Tesla. She kept talking to me as if she was doing me a favor by letting me take the car. One thing she said that urked me was, "Just so you know, the car is smoke free and that includes vaping and marijuana use" She said this about 3 times to me. I'm only 28 and look fairly young so maybe she thought I was a spoiled mommy and daddy sponsored child on spring break but I don't smoke at all. Never have. Never will. That's her personal problem I guess.

This location only has Model 3s and Model Ys. All 2022
Auto Enthusiast, m907 and isiegel3 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:22 pm

Budget in Las Vegas is an independent licensee. They sometimes let you book regional and rarely long-distance one-ways to corporate stores, and more often accept one-ways from corporate stores. So one-ways are not entirely a foreign concept there. But assigning a basically experimental model to a specific base makes sense.
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.