Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:10 pm

Hi guys renting a group k convertible from avis Miami airport next week and wondering what possible choice of cars will I get, hoping for a mustang or Camaro and not the beetle or Chrysler 200 it says on the fleet list on this thread!
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Glenandem
Hi guys renting a group k convertible from avis Miami airport next week and wondering what possible choice of cars will I get, hoping for a mustang or Camaro and not the beetle or Chrysler 200 it says on the fleet list on this thread!
The fleet list is very outdated. Both the 200 and the Beetle have been discontinued. Mustangs are common.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:11 am

Group W (SFAR) in Boston / September

I have a 3 week reservation at Boston Logan Airport with Avis in Group W (Standard Suv). Anybody knows what I am likely to get?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:36 pm

I have 3 week reservaton (14.04.2022) at LAX airpor with Avis - FULL SIZE(Volkgswagen Passat/Camry or similar). Anybody know what I am likely to get?
Is it a new fleet?
There any chances to get an upgrade during check in to the SUV group or something like that?

Last edited by garbeniek; Mar 31, 2022 at 9:13 am
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Recently rented a Chrysler 300S in Dallas. It was described as CHRYSLER 300 RWD and was tagged as a Luxury.

-J.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:40 pm

IAD

Hi, I’ve booked a Premium SUV (group L) at IAD. What do you think I am likely to get? If given a choice, which SUV should I look out for?

I have no idea on the SUV market in the US unfortunately.

TIA
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by MarkC1978
Hi, I’ve booked a Premium SUV (group L) at IAD. What do you think I am likely to get? If given a choice, which SUV should I look out for?

I have no idea on the SUV market in the US unfortunately.

TIA
I'd go for one of the new Suburban's if available. The 21/22 models are well spec'd premier trims.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:10 am

Hi all. Scheduled to pick up at Group F from MIA in 3 weeks time, does anyone have any ideas what they seem to have mostly available and any suggests what to try and get if I get the opportunity to pick a car on arrival?

TIA
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by mmoser2
I'd go for one of the new Suburban's if available. The 21/22 models are well spec'd premier trims.
The Expedition is also nicely equipped (as long as it's a Limited trim, not XLT).
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:22 pm

Their fleet is whatever they can get

Originally Posted by david06
I have President's Club with a 2-class upgrade and a reservation for a Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar) out of LGA. Any idea what I might get upgraded to/what might be considered a 2 class upgrade?
usually I would say a best case Navigator maybe a Volvo suv saw them in ORD, worst case like a suburban, the problem is the range of makes and models they buy in are so varied and ever changing with the car shortage these days, presidents club should bump you to Full Size SUV or hopefully there’s nicer cars in standard elite suv you can pick one.

Avis are pretty cool at letting you pick at your status level within reason…
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:25 pm

How is a 300 Lux

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
After my most recent trips there, I'd guess a 300, unfortunately.
it really does baffle me how they still have the 300 as a luxury car, there’s nothing luxury about it but for years and years it’s been the most prominent in the category
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Shettygamer
it really does baffle me how they still have the 300 as a luxury car, there’s nothing luxury about it but for years and years it’s been the most prominent in the category
It's more about size than actual luxury features. Leather seats, space to stretch out, big screen, V6 engine (or V8 on a good day). "Real" luxury cars are in their own reservable classes so they can price them higher. You're around a decade late to the 300 complaint train.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:31 pm

Have Status?

Originally Posted by garbeniek
I have 3 week reservaton (14.04.2022) at LAX airpor with Avis - FULL SIZE(Volkgswagen Passat/Camry or similar). Anybody know what I am likely to get?
Is it a new fleet?
There any chances to get an upgrade during check in to the SUV group or something like that?
When you say chances to get an upgrade to SUV do you mean Pay to upgrade, LAX will keep most good comps for presidents & pref plus, but even with status comp upgrades we normally stay in the type and move up the class. A standard full-size would comp up to premium then luxury. Very very rarely have I been moved from suv to car or car to suv.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Shettygamer
Very very rarely have I been moved from suv to car or car to suv.
I've never gone down from SUV to sedan, but I would say around half the time I get upgraded from a sedan to a SUV (and not just small upgrades, I mean booking a compact and walking up to a Ford Explorer). On occasion I've had to ask for something smaller.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
I found a good deal via Costco Travel on a Budget Luxury-class "Hyundai Genesis or similar" for LAS at end of May. What do they group in this category? Infinitis? Any Cadillacs? It's a good bit cheaper than the Hertz Infiniti Q50 or similar I reserved, in Sixt territory basically (may spend the marginal extra cash for this almost two-week rental to be at least guaranteed a BMW 3-series though). Also would any of you actually recommend the Genesis over a 3-series? I've heard they're pretty nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.