Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by RKTFiST
How often do Premium SUVs in the fleet not have 4WD? I'm picking up a premium SUV rental from RIC next week for a cross country drive mostly to get through snow in the Rockies and Cascades, and it would somewhat suck to get a solely RWD option.
Sorry to be that guy, but if it's not AWD, it'll be FWD. RWD is rare except for the new Ford Explorer.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by m907
Sorry to be that guy, but if it's not AWD, it'll be FWD. RWD is rare except for the new Ford Explorer.
Ford Explorer is not a Premium SUV for Avis. Premium SUVs are the Suburban, Yukon XL, Expedition EL, or similar; the three I mentioned (which are the most common) are all RWD if not 4WD/AWD.

-J.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
RDU Dec 23 7pm. booked mid size as President's Club. was assigned Kia K5. checking the app and saw I could do free exchange to 2022 Pacifica with 20k miles, 2021 Explorer with 50k miles, 2022 Expedition with 50k miles.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Reserved: Standard SUV
Received: Toyota 4Runner

However that wouldn't even drive. It was as if the brakes were on.

So they gave me an old Chevrolet Equinox - pretty basic car. Can't even find it in the list here - so not sure if it is a downgrade.

I am President's Club, but the online version says I am the level below. The app correctly says President's Club.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Reserved: Standard SUV
[snipped]
So they gave me an old Chevrolet Equinox - pretty basic car. Can't even find it in the list here - so not sure if it is a downgrade.
Nah, "Standard SUV" is just your basic 5-seat SUV. So the Equinox falls into that classification. The sticky at the top of the page is editable, so feel free to throw vehicles into the proper spot in the list if they're not already there.
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Nah, "Standard SUV" is just your basic 5-seat SUV. So the Equinox falls into that classification. The sticky at the top of the page is editable, so feel free to throw vehicles into the proper spot in the list if they're not already there.
Fair enough - although zero credit for status.

​​​​​​
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Which class is better F or W at SFO?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Full size sedan rental at DTW (one way)

I have a full size sedan pick up at DTW on a one way returning at ORD. What can I expect?

I’m looking for something my wife and I can drive comfortably there 650 miles we plan on covering in and around Detroit and on our drive to Chicago.

Should I be booking a different category? (Something that is not a guzzler. Will be four adults + 4 carry on)

Last edited by legionnaire; Jan 23, 2023 at 9:39 am
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:13 pm

I'm confused with the choices in PHX. Their Standard SUV is Toyota 4 Runner, and the Intermediate is Mazda CX-5. But 4-Runner is a larger and more expensive vehicle compared to the Mazda. It doesn't make any sense. What can I really expect if I book Standard?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by strikerbird
Which class is better F or W at SFO?
W generally should be bigger, but it's hard to say what one defines as "better".

Originally Posted by legionnaire
I have a full size sedan pick up at DTW on a one way returning at ORD. What can I expect?
Full sedan would likely be a Camry or Altima, or possibly a Sonata or Accord. Accord is by far the best of those. However, for 4 adults with luggage and 10+ hours in the car, it might be very tight (probably some luggage on the back seat between the folks back there. If you can swing it, a minivan would be a huge upgrade as they have tons of space for people and bags, and are generally very comfortable.
legionnaire likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by genka
I'm confused with the choices in PHX. Their Standard SUV is Toyota 4 Runner, and the Intermediate is Mazda CX-5. But 4-Runner is a larger and more expensive vehicle compared to the Mazda. It doesn't make any sense. What can I really expect if I book Standard?
Talked to an Avis agent who read me the list of the cars for each category. The Standard was rather diverse with Dodge Journey and Jeep Grand Cherokee, but generally, all SUVs were better than those in Intermediate- despite cheaper rental rates.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:55 am

I'm looking at renting Category XH - Intermediate Electric Vehicle. Are only Tesla 3's available or are there other categories?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I'm looking at renting Category XH - Intermediate Electric Vehicle. Are only Tesla 3's available or are there other categories?
On Avis/Budget lots, I've only seen a single Kia Niro and then a bunch of Model 3s. At Hertz and National, I've seen a handful of Polestars, but not at Avis (yet?).
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:56 am

Newbie renting from Avis/in the US
I have Presidents circle (matched from europcar)
Renting from JFK
I need a car that can seat two adults and three kids (all in carseats <3) + luggage (3/4 suitcases+hand luggage+a buggy(duoble stroller)
What class should I reserve? Will a reservation for a full size car (Camry) be sufficient to get upgraded to a minivan or do i need to reserve a higher class
Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2023, 4:19 pm

I now see that standard SUV for Avis is a Toyota 4Runner or similar. Has anyone actually seen a 4Runner at any locations, in particular Hawaiian airport locations? And if you have are they 4WD or 2WD?

Last edited by dougfoglesong; Feb 15, 2023 at 4:20 pm Reason: added text

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.