Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by clubman
Thanks. So would they only be available as a paid upgrade on the day, or am I likely to get upgraded into one as PC?
A strong case of YMMV. Depends on the mood of the agent assigning vehicles, their inventory, the weather over Montana, and the last sighting of the Loch Ness Monster.

-J.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
A strong case of YMMV. Depends on the mood of the agent assigning vehicles, their inventory, the weather over Montana, and the last sighting of the Loch Ness Monster.

-J.
Got it...
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by m907
Best guess is a Nissan Maxima, Toyota Avalon, or VW Passat. The Maxima is fast but FWD only so it's a sloppy torque-steering mess. The Passat is fine but boring.

It's really impossible to guess because of the rental car shortage. They will probably just give you a small SUV.
Ok Thanks, well I hope i dont get a small SUV, really dont want to spend 2 weeks driving all over in one of those even if it does have its potential uses on gravelly roads etc.

Whats the Avalon like, are there specific trim models to choose over others?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I am seeing "Tesla Model 3 or similar" at YYZ. Anyone gotten one of these there or at another location? I know I saw Budget was getting a bunch of them.

Might be worth the time and effort savings not having to fill up before return after driving back from KW.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, VS G, EK Gold / HH Dia, IHG Plat, Jumeirah Gold / Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
I have most recently been with Sixt @ BOS several times booking a lot of BMW X7's but ended up booking Avis group L for my next trip. Any ideas what Avis @ BOS has in stock?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Silver / HH Gold / Avis PC
What does Class L get at LAX, if anyone has any recent experiences? PC status.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Rosspb
I should have guessed the list would be out of date, any ideas on what they do have, a rough idea is good enough and maybe what cars to avoid?

AWD would be great.
Premium doesn't necessary include 4WD/AWD. You might want to rent a SUV especially if you are doing a lot of dirt road.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Premium doesn't necessary include 4WD/AWD. You might want to rent a SUV especially if you are doing a lot of dirt road.
Most of my recent rentals have been Premium; all have been 2WD.

I'm pretty sure the stipulation that vehicles must only be used on paved roads applies to SUVs as well as "normal" cars!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 1:11 am

Premium Elite SUV (BOS)

We've got a Group L Premium SUV reservation coming up at the end of May. Was just checking current prices and noticed that "Premium Elite SUV" is now available as a rental option. First time I've come across the Group of vehicle; anyone have any idea what model of vehicle may fall into this category?
Old May 5, 2023, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shonerm
We've got a Group L Premium SUV reservation coming up at the end of May. Was just checking current prices and noticed that "Premium Elite SUV" is now available as a rental option. First time I've come across the Group of vehicle; anyone have any idea what model of vehicle may fall into this category?
App shows the Grand Wagoneer as the example for the few times I've seen the Premium Elite SUV listed. Odd, though, as I've seen several dozen Wagoneers at Avis but never seen a Grand Wagoneer.
Old May 5, 2023, 6:26 pm

i am avis president status. what cheapest car can I rent to get an upgrade to any mid size SUV or above? This is at the MCO in the summer of this year. thanks
Old May 6, 2023, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Blueheaven
i am avis president status. what cheapest car can I rent to get an upgrade to any mid size SUV or above? This is at the MCO in the summer of this year. thanks
You can rent any class you like and pay to be upgraded to an SUV.

Upgrades are never truly guaranteed. If you absolutely need an SUV, book it -- the rental car equivalent of WFBF.

FWIW I think every rental I've done in the last several months was full-size and has been upgraded to an SUV. I am renting at MCO on Monday (full-size again) and will report back. Last time I was there I was given a Cadillac XT5.

-J.
Old May 21, 2023, 1:16 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
With rental rates pretty high, I am trying to get the smallest class I can get away with. When I looked up the differences in vehicle size on Avis Car Guide, it lists a "Full size" (Camry or similar) as having trunk space of fitting 2 large & 2 small bags while an "Intermediate SUV" (RAV4 or similar) as having cargo space of fitting only 1 large & 1 small bags. Does it sound right? I have no idea how big a Camry's trunk is in person, but does it really have more room than a RAV4 (with all seats occupied)? I understand "similar" vehicles can have more or less room, but that difference on average (across all vehicles in both classes) doesn't seem right to me. What do others here think?

LAX
Old May 21, 2023, 11:25 am

What can I expect for class E at YOW? Thanks
Old May 22, 2023, 6:20 am

Budget now shows "Standard Sport" as Dodge Challenger or equivalent. On their website however, it shows Dodge Challenger R/T as "Muscle Car" class. Are the cars in Standard Sport still V8 engine optioned, or are the V6/I4 cars like the Mustang and Charger GT piled into this as well? Basically looking to guarantee something with an R/T or equivalent V8 package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.