Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott, Wyndham, Choice Rewards, IHG One, SWA RR, JetBlue TB, Enterprise +, Alamo Insider, Avis PC
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Of the 4 times I've rented there, I've gotten the following on full-size reservations as a CHM:
1. Taurus x2 @ ANC
2. RAV4 - They acted like it was a HUGE upgrade but they didn't have any sedans on the lot @ Anchorage downtown
3. Atlas - I got to the site ~20 minutes early and was told they wouldn't have my car ready until my pickup time. They had ~15 trucks/SUVs/minvans/compact cars. I went for a walk and came back exactly at my pickup time and they had the exact same cars on the lot as 20 minutes earlier. I was given the choice of tiny cars or the Atlas @ Anchorage downtown

I've seen a good mix of F150s, Sierras, RAM 1500s and Tundras (the old body style) in the last few months. Nearly all were purchased used that I've seen (license plate frame, front license plate, Florida "PM" registrations, dealer stickers and even some with personalized stickers on some rear windows). Some are very well equipped while most are on the more basic side, so it really depends when/where you show up.
That's good to know. I have a reservation time set for 11am that morning.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tommyboy74
That's good to know. I have a reservation time set for 11am that morning.
Yep, if you *might* need it earlier, book for earlier. No need to try and play the usual game of "book 60 mins later than planned and get an extra 60 minus on the rental" (where large airports pre-print contracts, they often print them hours early and you can get a free hour or two as they don't time-stamp the pickup if you don't swap cars, use the app to get a QR code to exit the lot, etc). They don't pre-print in AK so they'll stamp it with the minute you are at the counter.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold...
One way + President

Hello all.

Renting a one-way car from SFO to Reno for a week. Young family of 4 with limited luggage. I have President status

I’ve currently booked a Large F. I have two questions

Can any upgrades be applied related to status?

is it worth stepping up to large luxury for an extra 100 bucks for the week?

thank you
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 1:48 am

I've got a Group H (Luxury) reserved at DEN in a few weeks' time. Anybody have any recent experience of what I'm likely to get - I'm hoping for something more inspiring than the Chrysler 300 they give as an example!
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:18 pm

Anyone know what vehicles are in the signature series Range Rover velar or similar category? Likely to get a velar?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, Hertz PC, Avis PP
Downtown Oakland

Rented: Intermediate SUV

Received: Honda C-RV Hybrid

FYI: Bay Area locations are all booked out/super expensive for the next week or so b/c of DreamForce
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I saw a couple of Jeep Grand Wagoneers at PIT this weekend and some compact Lincoln crossover. Also a few Toyota Tacoma TRDs.

I was given a 2018 Equinox

-J.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Hi!

Does anyone know which models Avis allocate as Standard Elite Coupe at MCO? The sample is a Challenger R/T, would love to get it.

I usually go to Hertz's V8s, but their prices are crazy for my rental period.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Booked a mid size through Budget and got a Prius. Is this an upgrade, downgrade or what should have been expected?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Booked a mid size through Budget and got a Prius. Is this an upgrade, downgrade or what should have been expected?
You could have gotten a Corolla or a Cruze. I would say it's a pretty nice upgrade, especially given it being a hybrid.

-J.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Rented: Full-size sedan
Received: Cadillac XT4 AWD (23K miles)

I haven't picked up the car yet. I was waiting for a fellow passenger. Is this a good upgrade? The app did not give me any options to switch. Reviews are middling on it. Some good some bad - typical GM product. I didn't see this on the fleet list so assume it slots into luxury SUV?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CApreppie
Rented: Full-size sedan
Received: Cadillac XT4 AWD (23K miles)

I haven't picked up the car yet. I was waiting for a fellow passenger. Is this a good upgrade? The app did not give me any options to switch. Reviews are middling on it. Some good some bad - typical GM product. I didn't see this on the fleet list so assume it slots into luxury SUV?
I've had it 2x and wouldn't take it again unless the other options are pathetic. It felt archaic, very basic (felt like the trim of a Chevy, not a Cadillac - not even heated seats!) and just meh.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I've had it 2x and wouldn't take it again unless the other options are pathetic. It felt archaic, very basic (felt like the trim of a Chevy, not a Cadillac - not even heated seats!) and just meh.
We ended up taking it due to a distinct lack of cars on the lot and likely would get worse. I very much agree it feels very stuck in the middle. We were trying find the heated seats which, as you said, there are none for a car of this cost. Then the car makes loud thwacks over bumps. It is what I expect of a GM car.. I would have preferred the Volvo CUV next to my PC space, but likely taken already.

I read reviews while waiting for another party member to arrive and it is far below the class leaders in the premium compact CUV class.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:09 pm

AWD suv

I made a reservation for Christmas-Jan 2nd out of MIA airport for a mid-size SUV. The agent assured me all of their cars had “all-weather tires instead of regular ones” but they would still put in my request for an AWD. Does anyone know if this is true?
Do you know what suv is likely I would get? It said “Mazda CX-5 or similar”
Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mamigo12
I made a reservation for Christmas-Jan 2nd out of MIA airport for a mid-size SUV. The agent assured me all of their cars had “all-weather tires instead of regular ones” but they would still put in my request for an AWD. Does anyone know if this is true?
Do you know what suv is likely I would get? It said “Mazda CX-5 or similar”
I think "all weather tire" just means "not snow tire". They are what comes standard on vehicles. Most important, in my mind, is the tread on the tires when you pick it up. I don't think a location as big as MIA is reading comments on specific reservations. However, when you get there, suggest walking the lot and finding one or two vehicles within your class that have decent tires (and hopefully AWD) and asking for that specific car. More and more vehicles that are available are used and bought locally. Fleets do move around, but there's less chance of getting AWD from MIA than, say, somewhere up north as the local market has a lot less AWD vehicles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.