Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
The Cadillac XT4 turned out to be a decent rental car compared to what one could get. As another poster said above, it really does not seem competitive to other premium entry-level SUVs. Bad decisions like no heated seats as standard (only in a package), a good amount of road/wind noise, suspension is thumpy, some dirt cheap plastic used towards the lower half of the cabin, engine is not that refined and MPG is not competitive, some exterior incandescent bulbs, and lack of lane departure as standard. These aren't things that are hard to fix if the GM bean counters would get out of the way.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Booked a Standard (Toyota Camry or similar) and the app is showing a Kia Sportage. Isn't this a downgrade?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by mamigo12
I made a reservation for Christmas-Jan 2nd out of MIA airport for a mid-size SUV. The agent assured me all of their cars had “all-weather tires instead of regular ones” but they would still put in my request for an AWD. Does anyone know if this is true?
Do you know what suv is likely I would get? It said “Mazda CX-5 or similar”
I'm curious why you think you'll need an AWD vehicle in MIA. Is it because they drive better?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by m907
I'm curious why you think you'll need an AWD vehicle in MIA. Is it because they drive better?
we are driving up to NC and staying at the top of a mountain and our hosts insist we need AWD to get to the top of the mountain if it’s snowing
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by mamigo12
we are driving up to NC and staying at the top of a mountain and our hosts insist we need AWD to get to the top of the mountain if it’s snowing
Makes sense. You don't want to fly into CLT or even ATL? The drive up I-95 from MIA is pretty uneventful.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Makes sense. You don't want to fly into CLT or even ATL? The drive up I-95 from MIA is pretty uneventful.
Uneventful is putting it nicely... 95 in the state of FL is downright miserable. I would even suggest a one-way flight further north if that's an option.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Any recent experience of Group F or W? Particularly at BOS or that area.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Bit of advice if I may: doing a week long road trip around NE US and Canada, picking up the car at Seatac.

Have narrowed down our choice between Premium Elite SUV and Premium Standard SUV, both are similar costs for a week, 2 people, which is better?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by walkingtall
Bit of advice if I may: doing a week long road trip around NE US and Canada, picking up the car at Seatac.

Have narrowed down our choice between Premium Elite SUV and Premium Standard SUV, both are similar costs for a week, 2 people, which is better?
If you'll be in the northeast, you probably don't want to go to Seattle

The Premium Elite SUV will most likely be nicer, but that's a LOT of vehicle for two people. Both of those vehicle types are huge, and gas is not cheap where you are going. Just something to keep in mind. These days, if it's just me or if one other person, I try not to go larger than a standard elite SUV (Pathfinder or similar; my experience has been Ford Explorers).

-J.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Reserved: Standard SUV
Received: Toyota 4Runner

This was in November 2021 and March 2022. I have Avis Preferred status.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
IAH on December 24, are they busy. I booked an immediate and PC member, any chance I would get an upgrade? It's for 2 people with 4 suitases.

TIA.

For my rental in Toronto (non-airport location), it was an ordeal (late June and return in Mid-July):
Somehow Avis didn't let me rent as my CC somehow was attached in another profile. Took us 2 hours to get a car (Ford Escape) and it we got a car with 7/8 fuel (we were told it was full and it looked like that and it wasn't after we drove it). The staff couldn't speak proper English and he seemed to have a good time telling people that there was no car or you couldn't rent a car. We got things sorted out after the manager came.

Anyway the car had issues (shake like crazy when turning) and we had to swap at YYZ. Got there - given a car that had missing part inside. Refused it and was told you could wait until someone returned a car. We waited for 2 hours and finally got a car with the same model (there were tons of X1s and Q3 lining up neatly).

I was also able to return the car at YYZ instead of that location, but then the PC coupon didn't work. Had to contact Avis afterwards to sort things out, and they gave me the $ back.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
IAH on December 24, are they busy. I booked an immediate and PC member, any chance I would get an upgrade? It's for 2 people with 4 suitases.

TIA.
Nobody is going to be able to tell you if you'll get an upgrade.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:24 am

How often do Premium SUVs in the fleet not have 4WD? I'm picking up a premium SUV rental from RIC next week for a cross country drive mostly to get through snow in the Rockies and Cascades, and it would somewhat suck to get a solely RWD option.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Nobody is going to be able to tell you if you'll get an upgrade.
I know and I'm asking whether IAH Avis is giving upgrades just by asking (more like the attitude of that outlet). I used to rent from LAX and they were very generous about upgrades before but it didn't seem to be the case the last couple of times I rented there.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by RKTFiST
How often do Premium SUVs in the fleet not have 4WD? I'm picking up a premium SUV rental from RIC next week for a cross country drive mostly to get through snow in the Rockies and Cascades, and it would somewhat suck to get a solely RWD option.
If it's a one-way, AWD availability may be further restricted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.