Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know what premium/luxury is looking like at YYZ these days? I used to just rent compacts but I now drive an e-tron GT at home so I need to stop being so stingy with rentals. I'm not sure what YYZ would have though, due to the troublesome weather for much of the year.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Anyone know what premium/luxury is looking like at YYZ these days? I used to just rent compacts but I now drive an e-tron GT at home so I need to stop being so stingy with rentals. I'm not sure what YYZ would have though, due to the troublesome weather for much of the year.
For premium, it's basically a 300. I've rented the following on my most recent trips there (haven't looked at the receipts but assume they are Specialty, not Lux, but a Lux rental should be able to snag something nice): X2, X3, X5, 5 Series, Q5, F-Pace, Evoque, Discovery Sport, and fully loaded Palisade. The BMWs are MUCH better equipped in Canada than the US from what I've seen.
jizen and nexusCFX like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
X2, X3, X5, 5 Series, Q5, F-Pace, Evoque, Discovery Sport, and fully loaded Palisade
♪ One of these is not like the other ♫

(and I'm not talking about the Evoque )

-J.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
♪ One of these is not like the other ♫

(and I'm not talking about the Evoque )

-J.
Oh I know... but the fully loaded Palisade was amazing! Full glass roof, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, 360 camera (that showed the blind spots when you used a blinker), very plush interior, etc. etc. Was way better than most vehicles rental agencies try to pawn off as a lux. car. Sure, it won't go 0->60 in 3 seconds, but I'd gladly take that on most reservations if I didn't always want to try whatever was new/different on the lot.
m907 likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:34 pm

I've seen a lot BMW X2, X3 and brand new dodge charger GT in the past few weeks. Few chrysler 300s as well.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Oh I know... but the fully loaded Palisade was amazing! Full glass roof, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, 360 camera (that showed the blind spots when you used a blinker), very plush interior, etc. etc. Was way better than most vehicles rental agencies try to pawn off as a lux. car. Sure, it won't go 0->60 in 3 seconds, but I'd gladly take that on most reservations if I didn't always want to try whatever was new/different on the lot.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. It sounds like Kia has come a long way. Though after the Forte I drove not too long ago, I'm in no hurry to find out for myself.

-J.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:55 pm

Can anyone comment on Preferred Plus vehicle availability at LAX? Got a pickup on the morning of June 9th and am curious what to expect. Have a competing Hertz reservation, as well...
Old May 21, 2022, 7:22 pm

I work for Avis Budget. One small error:
the dodge charger and challenger are usually specialty vehicles (XS) but are sometimes E depending on how old it is/what type.
Mustangs are (mostly) XB, as well as other smaller specialty vehicles,
Priuses are XC,
Small trucks such as a Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Rogue are XD,
Large trucks such as a Ford F-150 are XW.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:24 pm

Is it cheaper to upgrade at the counter?

Hi all - I currently have an Avis Standard SUV reserved from Costco for two weeks out of Medford OR (returning to SFO). I really want a luxury car as long as it's a mid size luxury crossover like a Volvo XC60 or similar. The Standard SUV price is 1650 and the luxury price is 2650. Would it be cheaper to upgrade the Standard SUV at the counter or should I just go ahead and reserve it ahead of time?

I am also seeing a Luxury price of 2126 if I prepay on Avis.com. Not sure if they would upgrade me for less than that at the counter?

Thanks!

Last edited by rustyosaurus; May 22, 2022 at 8:43 pm
Old May 23, 2022, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustyosaurus
Hi all - I currently have an Avis Standard SUV reserved from Costco for two weeks out of Medford OR (returning to SFO). I really want a luxury car as long as it's a mid size luxury crossover like a Volvo XC60 or similar. The Standard SUV price is 1650 and the luxury price is 2650. Would it be cheaper to upgrade the Standard SUV at the counter or should I just go ahead and reserve it ahead of time?

I am also seeing a Luxury price of 2126 if I prepay on Avis.com. Not sure if they would upgrade me for less than that at the counter?

Thanks!
It's really hit-or-miss at the counter and it's possible that they don't have any lux cars available/staged upon arrival if there's not a reservation for one. However, being a 1-way rental from a smaller station, you'll have little negotiating power and they could even refuse any upgrade (even paid) so they keep their nicer cars.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:52 am

It's really hit-or-miss at the counter and it's possible that they don't have any lux cars available/staged upon arrival if there's not a reservation for one. However, being a 1-way rental from a smaller station, you'll have little negotiating power and they could even refuse any upgrade (even paid) so they keep their nicer cars.
Thank you! That is super helpful. Is there any way to ask for a larger luxury car, like a midsize crossover (or larger)? Basically, I don't want to get stuck with a Chrysler 300, because I'm going to be hauling 4 people.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:47 am

Thank you! That is super helpful. Is there any way to ask for a larger luxury car, like a midsize crossover (or larger)? Basically, I don't want to get stuck with a Chrysler 300, because I'm going to be hauling 4 people.
You can ask, but unless you have status with Avis you probably won't get it. If you really want a luxury car, you should reserve one.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by m907
You can ask, but unless you have status with Avis you probably won't get it. If you really want a luxury car, you should reserve one.
Doesn't the luxury class include all types of cars? I don't see how you can reserve within the luxury class.
Auto Enthusiast and kxc262 like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Isn't it nice to drive something crap to make you appreciate your e-tron GT more?

Got a almost new Chrysler 300s AWD at YYC as PC upgrade, and they told me this is a luxury car (can't compare to my own cars but I nodded and honestly I did appreciate the upgrade). It's new but nothing like my cars at home. At YVR I got a wreck as a PC upgrade (full of dings and dents and scratches, malfunction gearbox (stuck on 4 at the rpm things when entering highway), back windows button didn't work (didn't use it until crossing the border from the US to Canada) and insurance paper expired 2 years ago while the others were driving off with their X3 and Audis. When I went home Mr. met me at the local train station and he asked if I wanted to drive home in our own car, I said, "Yes, I need to drive a decent car".
Old May 25, 2022, 5:11 am

Doesn't the luxury class include all types of cars? I don't see how you can reserve within the luxury class.
Since MFR is a small location, they are probably sold out of luxury SUVs for your dates, which is why you can't reserve one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.