Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:09 am

I booked a Ford Expedition or similar with Budget in Denver (outside of the airport). The category on the voucher is PFAR.

Does anyone have an idea what they might give me?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:44 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bert Laplace
I booked a Ford Expedition or similar with Budget in Denver (outside of the airport). The category on the voucher is PFAR.

Does anyone have an idea what they might give me?
Can't comment for off-airport, but Avis/Budget there have TONS of GM SUVs (like most large stations these days). There were a few Expeditions, but many more Tahoes/Yukons (the new ones), so I'd bet you'll most likely get a GM. If you like the Ford versions better, feel free to ask to swap.
Bert Laplace likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:54 pm

Does anyone happen to have insight into the fleet at ANC? I am taking a fishing trip up there later this summer and am contemplating either a W, L, or truck.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:08 am

Compact Car in MIA

I have an upcoming reservation for a compact car with pick-up at MIA in the last week of February. Does anyone know what the current fleet selection is for a compact car, and whats the likelihood to receive a complimentary upgrade without Preferred Plus status? TIA.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LouNanne
Does anyone happen to have insight into the fleet at ANC? I am taking a fishing trip up there later this summer and am contemplating either a W, L, or truck.
ANC is historically VERY Toyota heavy (lots of Camrys, RAV4s, Highlanders, Siennas). They also had a bunch of Atlas SUVs and a few Tahoes. I didn't see any trucks on the last trip, but often they're F150s and Tundras.

Also, don't expect any upgrades from Avis Alaska. As a CHM, I've only ever received 1 true upgrade (full-size to an Atlas last summer). Prior times, I got basic vehicles in the class I booked, even though many upgrades were on the lot and available. I asked the CHM desk for clarification on the "best available vehicle" and basically was told "They're a franchisee and we don't have any control on them following policies."
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Jan 10, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: AY Plat, Swiss SEN, Hertz Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Quick question.

I`ve a upcoming Avis reservation out of SFO, Group XB - Standard Sport Mustang Coupe. Anyone seen this on the lot these days?
What can I expect (as First Timer with no status) when there is no Group XB available? Be a little scary ending up in a Altima/ Malibu or so…
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by dennyzrh
Quick question.

I`ve a upcoming Avis reservation out of SFO, Group XB - Standard Sport Mustang Coupe. Anyone seen this on the lot these days?
What can I expect (as First Timer with no status) when there is no Group XB available? Be a little scary ending up in a Altima/ Malibu or so…
Mustangs are pretty common and usually in EcoBoost Premium trim with leather, heated/cooled seats, nav, etc. It's a nice ride.
IAHtraveler and dennyzrh like this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:03 pm

What does Full Size get me at LAX these days?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by herzmeh
What does Full Size get me at LAX these days?
In September I was given a Mazda 6.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:32 am

Hi,
I am planning to rent a car from Budget at IAD to drive to State College. That would be the first time I rent a car outside the E.U.
I was expecting prices to be cheaper in USA but they seem quite expensive and since I am not traveling for business I am considering choosing the Economy category. What cars do they usually have there? It says Ford Fiesta or similar. Well, if it is indeed a Fiesta that is not so terrible but as far as I know the Ford Fiesta was phased out from the US market, wasn't it?
Then I could pay a little bit extra to get a Compact or an Intermediate. Is it usually a Corolla there?

Last edited by angf1; Jan 17, 2022 at 4:40 am
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:05 pm

Ignore my previous message. I reserved a FORD MUSTANG COUPE 2DR or similar from AVIS at IAD. Any idea what they usually give in this category? If it's a Mustang is it the Ecoboost or the V8?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by angf1
Ignore my previous message. I reserved a FORD MUSTANG COUPE 2DR or similar from AVIS at IAD. Any idea what they usually give in this category? If it's a Mustang is it the Ecoboost or the V8?
Most are Ecoboost. There are some V8's floating around. Could also end up in a Camaro, most of which I have seen are the turbo 4cyl.
Auto Enthusiast, m907 and angf1 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:13 pm

Thanks. Let's see,It would be great if I manage to get a V8.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The last time I got a Mustang it was a turbo-4 convertible. Still a lot of fun on a nice day.

-J.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:05 am

Any recent experiences at YVR? I'm considering booking their special winter tire category, for which they give a Hyundai Elantra as an example. Anyone have any experience with what we'd actually get for that? I'd normally book an SUV, but figure the snow tires are more important as we'll be driving to Whistler - a sedan will be fine as long as the rear seat will fold down so that I can get our ski bags in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.