Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prtrgrams
I see that there are several possibilities when renting a minivan from Avis. I booked a one-way from Knoxville to Texas next week. Would you say that most of the minivan fleet has transitioned over to Pacificas, or is there a good chance I’ll get something else? I want a Pacifica, as the other options seem pretty crappy for my 1,200 mile journey.
Of all the vans I've seen the last few months, I'd say the breakdown is something like:
Grand Caravan: 40%
Pacifica: 35%
Sedona: 20%
Sienna: <5%

If it were me, I'd push for the Pacifica, as all that I've seen have leather and decent options. Next, I'd try for the GC. While dated, the options are great on the current Avis fleet. Lastly, I'd take a Sedona/Sienna as they mostly all have cloth and are extra-basic.
m907 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Of all the vans I've seen the last few months, I'd say the breakdown is something like:
Grand Caravan: 40%
Pacifica: 35%
Sedona: 20%
Sienna: <5%

If it were me, I'd push for the Pacifica, as all that I've seen have leather and decent options. Next, I'd try for the GC. While dated, the options are great on the current Avis fleet. Lastly, I'd take a Sedona/Sienna as they mostly all have cloth and are extra-basic.
Thank you very much! I’ll keep this in mind.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:05 am

Hello everyone. A quick question.
I have 2 upcoming Avis rentals, group K Mustang convertible or similar, 1 at Tampa airport and 1 at Cape Canaveral. How big is the chance i will have a Mustang or Corvette? I really don't want to recieve a Beetle as it is my daily driver here in Belgium
And if i see in my Avis preferred app it is a Beetle, can i change it to a Mustang or Corvette?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:31 am

You won't get a Corvette - the Chevrolet equivalent to the Mustang is the Camaro.
m907 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:39 pm

Sorry, you're right. I was thinking about the Camaro but wrote Corvette
But the main question was how big the possibility is to recieve a dull Beetle like mine.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fkl8
Sorry, you're right. I was thinking about the Camaro but wrote Corvette
But the main question was how big the possibility is to recieve a dull Beetle like mine.
<2% if I had to put a number on it. I've only seen 1 beetle the last few months and 2 in the last 12-18 months. So you're probably safe to assume you'll not get one.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:03 pm

I haven't yet used the app to change the vehicle I've been allocated, but I've changed cars on a few occasions simply by asking at the desk.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:40 pm

<2% if I had to put a number on it. I've only seen 1 beetle the last few months and 2 in the last 12-18 months. So you're probably safe to assume you'll not get one.
Originally Posted by davehadfield
I haven't yet used the app to change the vehicle I've been allocated, but I've changed cars on a few occasions simply by asking at the desk.
Great! Thanks for the fast responses ^
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Does anyone know if Avis can guarantee a model with 4 wheel drive?

I have a Suburban (Group L) reserved for IAD, but need the 4wd aspect.

M
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
Not going to happen. If you can find a specific "cool car" type that is only offered in AWD, that might be the only way to guarantee it. And I've seen lots of the big GM SUVs with only 2WD. I've noticed if they're plated I'm southern states, it's a guarantee of only 2WD.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:07 am

M
I'm curious why you need 4WD for a rental from IAD.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Not going to happen. If you can find a specific "cool car" type that is only offered in AWD, that might be the only way to guarantee it. And I've seen lots of the big GM SUVs with only 2WD. I've noticed if they're plated I'm southern states, it's a guarantee of only 2WD.
Interesting - many thanks!

The Suburban aspect isnt that important, but 4wd is. Do you know if Avis can guarantee ANY vehicle with that?

Originally Posted by m907
I'm curious why you need 4WD for a rental from IAD.
I'm heading 3 hours from IAD into the forest to a cabin, and have been told that 4 wheel drive will be vital due to the terrain.

M
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I'm heading 3 hours from IAD into the forest to a cabin, and have been told that 4 wheel drive will be vital due to the terrain.

M
Please remember you cannot take a rental car off road. That would be a breach of contract. This is an industry standard for rentals in the USA.

https://www.avis.com/en/legal-documents/rental-terms
14. Prohibited Use of the Car. Certain uses of the car and other actions you or a driver may take, or fail to take, will violate the Rental Agreement. ... It is a violation of this Paragraph if any of the following occurs:

A. You use or permit the car to be used: ... 4) to be operated in a test, race or contest or on unpaved roads
That said, I may or may not have gone on dirt or gravel roads plenty of times, but nothing that ever actually required 4WD.

-J.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Please remember you cannot take a rental car off road. That would be a breach of contract. This is an industry standard for rentals in the USA.

https://www.avis.com/en/legal-documents/rental-terms

That said, I may or may not have gone on dirt or gravel roads plenty of times, but nothing that ever actually required 4WD.

-J.
Duly noted

M
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Interesting - many thanks!

The Suburban aspect isnt that important, but 4wd is. Do you know if Avis can guarantee ANY vehicle with that?
I cannot find any of their Select Series vehicles that are only produced with 4WD, so I don't think that any rental will fully guarantee you something with 4WD. I'd suggest booking at a few locations, without prepaying, and when you get there, see if you can get one with 4WD. If not, go to the next lot and ask. Repeat as necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.