Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:32 pm

Intermediate SUV - Subaru Crosstrek in NJ
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:38 pm

Hi, I’m trying to book through Chase Rewards and they list something called Standard Elite SUV Group S (example given is Ford Explorer seats 6).

I'm going to pick up at the Orlando Airport this Sept. The “Group S” is throwing me off since it doesnt match the list in this thread.

Any ideas what I might be getting?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:10 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roobix
Hi, I’m trying to book through Chase Rewards and they list something called Standard Elite SUV Group S (example given is Ford Explorer seats 6).

I'm going to pick up at the Orlando Airport this Sept. The “Group S” is throwing me off since it doesnt match the list in this thread.

Any ideas what I might be getting?

Thanks in advance.
Explorer is now the example for group S. I'll update the Wiki.
https://www.avis.com/en/cars/vehicles/us/s
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
Group V "minivan"out of MIA

Avis are showing a "town and country" or similar.

But elsewhere is saying a Chrysler Pacifica is the standard now.

As a stupid Brit traveling with family (4 adults and 2 kids under 11) can I rely on any form of dvd or similar entertainment for the children on the haul from MIA to Disney and back.

Any insight would be gratefully received

Booked via BA if that makes a difference (free extra driver!)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by dukesy
Avis are showing a "town and country" or similar.

But elsewhere is saying a Chrysler Pacifica is the standard now.

As a stupid Brit traveling with family (4 adults and 2 kids under 11) can I rely on any form of dvd or similar entertainment for the children on the haul from MIA to Disney and back.

Any insight would be gratefully received

Booked via BA if that makes a difference (free extra driver!)
Town & Country was discontinued a couple years ago and replaced with the Chrysler Pacifica. You're probably seeing some page that hasn't been updated yet, maybe because it was booked through an airline.

The Pacifica is quite nice even at lower rental lot trim levels, but I think chances are fairly low that you'll get one with a DVD player. I've only seen them at Hertz, and then only occasionally. It wouldn't hurt to ask at the counter but it's unlikely. You also might get a Dodge Grand Caravan (terrible old van) or Toyota Sienna (meh van) but unlikely any of them will have DVD players.

​​​​​
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Any insight into what the XG group will give me at AUS?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Quick question regarding AVIS "S"car, on avis.se (Swedish page) it says 5 passenger for "S" car, on avis.com it says 7 passenger for "S" car. Could I trust avis.com that I will got a 7 seater?

I'll only use the 7 seats for parts of my hire, all airports trips will be with for persons only. so I don't need a bigger SUV hauling bags etc.

EK
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
Quick question regarding AVIS "S"car, on avis.se (Swedish page) it says 5 passenger for "S" car, on avis.com it says 7 passenger for "S" car. Could I trust avis.com that I will got a 7 seater?
Where's the rental? If it's in Sweeden, I'd be most inclined to trust the .se page.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Where's the rental? If it's in Sweeden, I'd be most inclined to trust the .se page.
Sorry my bad, I'll be picking up the car at MCO.

EK
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:54 am

I'm going to SFO in july i'm going to pick it up on a tuesday around 5PM.
I booked the Ford Mustang GT Coupe with Butget, but I also saw that the Chevrolet Camaro and Volkswagen Beetle Convertible are the similar models.
I still don't see why the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible is similair but any how.

How big is the chance that I can get the Ford Mustang GT Coupe?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I am picking up a Full size vehicle at MCO? What are the sorts of vehicles that are available at this location?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabje
I'm going to SFO in july i'm going to pick it up on a tuesday around 5PM.
I booked the Ford Mustang GT Coupe with Butget, but I also saw that the Chevrolet Camaro and Volkswagen Beetle Convertible are the similar models.
I still don't see why the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible is similair but any how.

How big is the chance that I can get the Ford Mustang GT Coupe?
I haven't seen a beetle in an Avis fleet in probably 10+ months, except 1 in IAH a few weeks ago. Camaros are also not as common anymore, so I'd say it's likely you'll get the Mustang. And most would agree neither are "or similar" to the GT. Further, with a ressie for a GT, you should get it, if there's one on the lot. However, it's difficult to guarantee a specific model (if the one scheduled to come back is in an accident or they don't return it on time, you're out of luck).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:40 pm

Hi guys,
I have a question on car class.
I've reserved and paid upfront Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar) at EWR, there was no queue but also just a few cars on the parking lot. The attendant said that I already missed the rush hour and the queues. I signed the paper and it took quite a lot of time (well minutes and minutes of attendant looking into computer after I already signed everything) before a car appeared in front of the office. I got assigned some small Jeep, my wife only took the picture of the back, and judging by the tail lights it was definitely Jeep Compass (2011-2016) most probably 2014-2016. I ordered SiriusXM radio which I was not sure it had since there was only tiny car computer monochromatic display, also A/C controls were analog, but I would cope with that. Problem was I was expecting a car with larger trunk, as we were three people each with big and small (cabin) luggage. That's why I did order Standard SUV (i.e. Ford Edge) and not Intermediate SUV (i.e. Ford Escape). I previously had PremiumSUV (Ford Explorer) and StandardSUV(Dodge Durango). After inspecting the car and talking to my wife I've asked for upgrade and guy sent me to check Ford Flex and some Mercedes SUV at the parking lot. I took the Flex for extra ~35usd per day. Now I'm back home in Europe and I checked the paper and read that Flex is also in Standard SUV even though its listed as 7-passenger car.
Was the Jeep Compass really the right car for me - was it StandardSUV class? Or did they maneuver me into upgrade by giving me a smaller car...? I really find it odd, checking online the trunk space of Jeep Compass it's only about half the size of Ford Edge's trunk. Also wiki lists Compass as "compact crossover SUV" while Edge as "mid-size crossover SUV".
I guess I will have to pay more attention next time, right?..

Have a great day,
Lukas
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:48 am

Class W in YVR

I reserved a class W at YVR in July. What type of car should I expect? Page says „Grand Cherokee or simular“.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I haven't seen a beetle in an Avis fleet in probably 10+ months, except 1 in IAH a few weeks ago. Camaros are also not as common anymore, so I'd say it's likely you'll get the Mustang. And most would agree neither are "or similar" to the GT. Further, with a ressie for a GT, you should get it, if there's one on the lot. However, it's difficult to guarantee a specific model (if the one scheduled to come back is in an accident or they don't return it on time, you're out of luck).
Was in MCO yesterday and there was a single Beetle convertible (as well as several Camaros) there. There were, however, many more Mustangs than Camaros.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.