Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by AlanA
Well, I chose as my daily driver the X~c60 over the BMW, itvwas much more comfortable and better specked, plus it just feels right, so I would always go for the XC60 first
I'm totally with you on that -- just curious as to what other cars could potentially be in those groups, in case those are not necessarily the cars I would end up getting.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:18 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I have a class H Lincoln booked at LAX next week. What are the chances that I will be able to request an Escalade.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:01 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
I have a class H Lincoln booked at LAX next week. What are the chances that I will be able to request an Escalade.
What are the chances you'll be able to request an Escalade? 100%

What are the chances you'll actually get an Escalade (unless they don't have any Premium/Lux vehicles left): <3% in my opinion. Unless you're Chairman (or *maybe* Pres Club), I don't see it likely that they'll upgrade to one of their best vehicles. As a Chairman, I usually reserve Premium and it's rare I can get an Escalade, upon asking for it. Also, they have been less and less common in the fleet.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:18 pm

Booked a luxury car at a local location in PHX. Anyone know what I’m likely to get? I’m hoping not a 300.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:40 am

I booked a Class S - Standard Elite SUV (Ford Explorer or Similar) for Salt Lake City airport. Few questions:

- Should Class S be able to handle 5 people comfortably with 5 pairs of skis? I had a Jeep Cherokee with another rental company and we decided for 5 people it would be a little tight. See below bullet on the skis as well...
- Given that we have 5 people and therefore 5 skis, I really think we need a Ski rack. I booked through chase travel due to the steal of a deal I got, but should I be able to contact Avis and ask if that is possible or likely?
- Four wheel drive on Class S - is that pretty much all of the Class S SUVs or does it vary?
- What are the Class S suv options in general, or specifically at Salt Lake City airport?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:06 pm

Along the lines of the Passat moving up a class, it looks like the Jetta has also moved up a class and is now a "Standard" instead of an intermediate.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:48 am

I rented a Class S at the Salt Lake City (SLC) location. I am curious what they typically provide as I am trying to fit 5 people and 5 sets of skis in that vehicle with a ski rack. Seems like I might need to go up to a full size SUV instead. But was curious what was available.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:42 am

I have a class G reservation at LAX this weekend. Given the list above, I'm hoping to try a Cadenza, Challenger, or 300 for the weekend. How likely is it that those models will actually be available? I'm wondering if the fleet skews towards the Taurus and Impala.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:17 pm

All - hope someone can advise, as this is more of a general question...

Last time I was in the US (August '16), I had a Group G ("Premium" per the UK booking which stated a 300C or a Taurus) and had asked for a Charger. I think I paid about £430 for 20 days.

This year I'm looking at the same time period, duration and Group , but the cost has doubled to about £860.

What gives? The USD:GBP exchange rate hasn't changed significantly, so what is the cost so much higher???
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKPonchoMan
All - hope someone can advise, as this is more of a general question...

Last time I was in the US (August '16), I had a Group G ("Premium" per the UK booking which stated a 300C or a Taurus) and had asked for a Charger. I think I paid about £430 for 20 days.

This year I'm looking at the same time period, duration and Group , but the cost has doubled to about £860.

What gives? The USD:GBP exchange rate hasn't changed significantly, so what is the cost so much higher???
Just like airfare/hotels, there's a ton of variables that go into rental costs: location, time of year, and (most importantly, usually) supply/demand. If there's something going on in the area, car prices will be much higher.

How far in advance are you looking? More than a few weeks out, I suggest booking a refundable rate. Then watching as prices often go down as you get closer, but not always.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Just like airfare/hotels, there's a ton of variables that go into rental costs: location, time of year, and (most importantly, usually) supply/demand. If there's something going on in the area, car prices will be much higher.

How far in advance are you looking? More than a few weeks out, I suggest booking a refundable rate. Then watching as prices often go down as you get closer, but not always.
I'm booking now, for August. Last time I booked at the end of March. I did wonder if they've regraded the cars so what was a full size is now a premium?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:04 am

Renting Luxury from ORD. Is there any chance of getting a Genesis or CT6? Which Gensis is available? What are other car options for Luxury?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gabrielsreign
Renting Luxury from ORD. Is there any chance of getting a Genesis or CT6? Which Gensis is available? What are other car options for Luxury?
Haven't seen a Genesis in probably 18+ months, so I'd say nearly 0 chance for that. Have yet to see a CT6 on any rental lot, so again, near 0. They always get new vehicles, so you could get lucky, but I wouldn't hold out hope.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC & HH
​​​Looking for an SUV at SFO, can’t decide between a Standard and a Standard Elite. Does anyone know what the likely models will be for each?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Oapos
​​​Looking for an SUV at SFO, can’t decide between a Standard and a Standard Elite. Does anyone know what the likely models will be for each?

Standard is most likely something like a Ford edge, or Grand Cherokee like in size 5 seater.

Standard Elite is 7 seater like explorer, pathfinder, traverse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.