Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:26 am

I reserved an Intermediate SUV at Burbank (BUR). They offered a Jeep Renegade or Nissan Rogue. They apparently had no Ford Escapes (the class example).

I chose the Jeep: 2017 w/ 30K+ miles. Latitude trim level. It was parked on the Budget side of the garage. I returned it in its "home territory" of Northern California with just over 31K. It worked out fine for my errand. Total fuel economy (miles driven / gas purchased) was 25.6 MPG. (Dashboard was indicating 26 to 27.) I wonder how much this was impacted by the extra 4x4 mechanicals.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:23 pm

Avis Madrid airport to Malaga one way - need AWD

Avis Madrid airport to Malaga airport 12 days, Mercedes v class - cheapest I see is 1200 euros. I am looking for an AWD code to bring my one way rental cost to less than 1000 euros. I am paying around 300 euros as one way fees. Please help
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:59 pm

Edmonton Avis SUV

Husband and I are visiting the Canadian Rockies, including driving the Icefields Parkway. We've reserved a fullsize SUV, but am wondering if we should just get a standard. We're not so much worried about the capabilities of the SUV itself, I'm sure either will be fine, we're more concerned with make/model and interior. We currently drive a 2014 Sequoia and 2016 Suburban for our daily drivers, so it would actually be fun to have something else. Advice? It's about $120 difference.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by gshutchison
Husband and I are visiting the Canadian Rockies, including driving the Icefields Parkway. We've reserved a fullsize SUV, but am wondering if we should just get a standard. We're not so much worried about the capabilities of the SUV itself, I'm sure either will be fine, we're more concerned with make/model and interior. We currently drive a 2014 Sequoia and 2016 Suburban for our daily drivers, so it would actually be fun to have something else. Advice? It's about $120 difference.
Same situation here, we formerly booked a W (grand cherokee) at YVR for rockies' round trip. But switched to a Z (suburban) as we get a bargain on this and need space for children+luggage. Downside : Z is more often gas guzzler than W. Verdict on end of June...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: AC & HH
Picking up a standard SUV in Orlando! What can I look forward to?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: Skymiles
Ford Edge or Similar.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ross1892
Hi
We are due to pick up a class S - Standard elite SUV from MCO next month. Any idea what i might expect to get as an avis preferred member?

Thanks
My fiance and I are renting a Standard elite suv in November for our destination wedding and honeymoon for almost 2 weeks. What did you get? Because we are worried about having enough packing room as my mom has given us a ton of things to take with us.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Phillh89
My fiance and I are renting a Standard elite suv in November for our destination wedding and honeymoon for almost 2 weeks. What did you get? Because we are worried about having enough packing room as my mom has given us a ton of things to take with us.
Standard Elite only guarantees a 7-passenger SUV in Avis parlance. You are likely to get something pretty nice, like a Ford Explorer Limited, but I've had them try to dump me in a barebones SUV and when I asked for something else they told me it had 7 seats so take it or leave it.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:09 am

Finally rent a Z from avis YVR and get a 2018 Chevrolet Suburban LT (10k km) nice car, plenty of space, average cons :11L/100km (dashboard)
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:30 am

Las Vegas Avis Select

Reserved a good deal on a one-way from Las Vegas to San Diego for an Avis Select. It says Mustang or comparable. Any insight into comparables?

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:15 am

I'm hiring a Group E from SFO soon. Booking and this website show Ford Fusion or similar. By experience what is the most common car to go out?

I'm Avis preferred, last time handed a faulty Mustang so brought it back and swapped for a Grand Cherokee(wish I'd know it was a 5.2L V8 beforehand LOL - thirsty bugger).
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:21 am

I'm hiring a Group E in SFO in a few weeks. Other than it saying Ford Fusion or similar. Anybody know the current most popular Group E going out of that location?

Had a faulty Mustang from this location last year and brought it back and exchanged it for a Grand Cherokee. Wish I'd know it was a 5.2L V8 before I drove the thirsty Jeep out of there. LOL
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:17 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jhawker23
Reserved a good deal on a one-way from Las Vegas to San Diego for an Avis Select. It says Mustang or comparable. Any insight into comparables?

Thanks!
Camaro. But mustang is most common these days.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:21 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BertieBaron
I'm hiring a Group E in SFO in a few weeks. Other than it saying Ford Fusion or similar. Anybody know the current most popular Group E going out of that location?

Had a faulty Mustang from this location last year and brought it back and exchanged it for a Grand Cherokee. Wish I'd know it was a 5.2L V8 before I drove the thirsty Jeep out of there. LOL
Can't say for this location specifically, but I've seen lots of fusions lately. Barely any GM/Chrysler sedans.

I don't think the engine makes that much difference in the Cherokee or most historic Chrysler vehicles. They are pathetic for fuel economy. I've done much better with a Suburban/Yukon than the much smaller Cherokees.
BertieBaron likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:26 am

Thank you for the reply. Company approved a Compact so I paid for that, expensed that receipt and moved myself into a Group E out of my own pocket. I'd be happy with a Fusion if it has Sync 3 then even better so I can use my Android Auto for Google maps on the dashboard.

I'd prefer a Dodge Charger(don't have Dodge in my country and Chrysler even pulled out a few years ago) so I'll have to make a choice on the day(will be 8pm on a Sunday evening and I'll be tired after 17hrs of travel) to take the allocated Preffered location car or queue at the Preferred Desk *First world problems I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.