Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by zhutch
Interesting. Can you check your rental agreement? On your agreement, there should be a space that says "class reserved" and a space that says "class assigned" (or something to that affect).

Mini Cooper used to be a specialty, reservable class, but i just tried to do some dummy bookings at different airports across the US, and Mini Cooper wasn't directly listed for any of them. Strange.
Unfortunately I only have the 4 inch receipt paper that they give at the gate and it says "class C". On the full receipt at the end it should say what class it is, and I'll update you guys once I receive that.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: Budget Fastbreak
Budget SBA

Booked: Intermediate
Received: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta SE

This car was peppy with the new 1.8T EA888 engine and it was very good on gas. I probably averaged 35 mpg. I think they also had the new 2015 Hyundai Sonata and Mustang on the lot too.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Anyone have any information on what Avis is offering for the "Premium" car group at AUS? The price is similar to the Silvercar offer for an S4.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Anyone have any information on what Avis is offering for the "Premium" car group at AUS? The price is similar to the Silvercar offer for an S4.
Take the S4!! Most likely suspects are the Taurus, MKZ or 300.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Silvercar has the A4 premium plus, not S4. But still take Silvercar.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mittencuh
Silvercar has the A4 premium plus, not S4. But still take Silvercar.
Ah, not sure why I thought they were S4s.

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Take the S4!! Most likely suspects are the Taurus, MKZ or 300.
That's what I figured. An 8 day rental with Silvercar at $35/day seemed like a good idea (thanks to a promo).
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:49 pm

Going to Las Vegas for Christmas picking up at bellagio renting a Full Size / large any idea what I can expect?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:39 pm

Going to DEN next week, picking up a standard SUV...won a Priceline bid with Avis. Are vehicles assigned at the desk or are you directed to pick your vehicle from a row?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Is the wiki up-to-date?

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...navId=T4M01S00 shows the Standard Car (group D) is a Chrysler 200, but that's not listed anywhere in the wiki.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:04 pm

AWD in LAS

I need an AWD SUV in LAS. What car class should I book?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal
Is the wiki up-to-date?

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...navId=T4M01S00 shows the Standard Car (group D) is a Chrysler 200, but that's not listed anywhere in the wiki.
Good catch! I'll fix it in a minute.

Originally Posted by wingsclip
None of the vehicles (that I can see for a quick dummy booking) are guaranteed AWD. I would book a Intermediate/Elite SUV or larger (not Standard SUV). This should give you plenty of leverage when you get there to scope out the lot and ask for something with AWD or 4x4. There are a lot of non-local vehicles in LAS so it will be hit or miss.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:36 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by wingsclip
Generally the Large SUVs at Avis are ordered with 4WD/AWD.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAXative
Generally the Large SUVs at Avis are ordered with 4WD/AWD.
I've had 5 or 6of the new Suburbans in the past 4 months. None have had 4x4. Granted, they were all plated in FL or TX (including the one I got in Ohio this week), but still far from certain it will be 4x4.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm currently considering switching all my bookings to Avis due to good local rates and a corporate program (most of my travel is leisure).

Is there any significant difference between group D and E, or is it a ghost category where an upgrade is more or less guaranteed? Is the world safe from the 2014 Chrysler 200 yet?

I doubt I'll be able to rent enough this year to get top tier status with Hertz and Avis, nor do I really see the point in doing so. Avis is better for me for UK rentals, proximity to home and the corporate program - but so far Hertz is destroying them on US rental rates, though that's only two weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.