Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: Avis First, AA plebian :(
Saw a Mazda3 in south Florida this week. Pretty sure it's an intermediate, but not positive since they wouldn't give it to me.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Avis Wizard
Ford Edge 2015 at AVIS in MIA airport

Do you know if the new Ford Edge 2015 is available at Avis in MIA airport?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:48 pm

Saw a BMW 5 and 3 series car at Seatac airport.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Avis First, AA plebian :(
Originally Posted by mamy69
Do you know if the new Ford Edge 2015 is available at Avis in MIA airport?
They are definitely in the south Florida fleet. There were two on the lot in Coral Springs today.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:04 pm

Intermediate SUV

Looking for advice

Rent an intermediate SUV for 2 person, 2000mi+ north trip. What may be the best choice, and what not to have?

Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:39 am

Updated Wiki as such:
-Changed Economy “Avis Example” to Ford Fiesta (and removed it from Compact)
-Changed Standard “Avis Example” to Subaru Legacy
-Changed Full Size “Avis Example” to Ford Fusion
-Changed Premium “Avis Example” to Ford Taurus LTD
-Changed Minivan “Avis Example” to Chrysler Town and Country
-Changed Passenger Van “Avis Example” to Ford Transit Van

First time updating the wiki. hope i didn't screw things up too bad. lol
The Subaru Legacy as standard is interesting. I wonder if it'll be as elusive as the Nissan Altima Coupe is/was? I did a quick search of the Avis forums and there's no mention of one since 2012.

Last edited by zhutch; Jun 10, 2015 at 8:47 am
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:32 am

Hi folks!
Somebody saw BMW of 7 series at the San Diego airport?
Because Avis confirmed mine the order for this car and it is interesting to me that me to expect.

Thx.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:22 am

Not that anyone cares about lowly ol' BFL, but while waiting for the wife to come in last night, i scoped out the Avis lot. Avis has 50 spaces there of which about 40 were filled and i was really surprised by the number of mustangs, camaros, and convertibles they had. 4 Mustangs (2 of which were drop tops), 2 camaros (1 drop top), and a Mazda MX-5 convertible. I was mostly scoping it out because i am planning to rent either a Mustang or a convertible for a trip up the coast to Big Sur and Monterey in the next couple months, so selection bodes well for that, which brings me to my question...

Is there a way to tell what engine the Mustangs have without popping the hood? obviously the GT5.0 will have the beautiful "5.0" badge on the side, but for the regular V6 vs. the Ecoboost--is there a way? I'm assuming not.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by zhutch
Not that anyone cares about lowly ol' BFL, but while waiting for the wife to come in last night, i scoped out the Avis lot. Avis has 50 spaces there of which about 40 were filled and i was really surprised by the number of mustangs, camaros, and convertibles they had. 4 Mustangs (2 of which were drop tops), 2 camaros (1 drop top), and a Mazda MX-5 convertible. I was mostly scoping it out because i am planning to rent either a Mustang or a convertible for a trip up the coast to Big Sur and Monterey in the next couple months, so selection bodes well for that, which brings me to my question...

Is there a way to tell what engine the Mustangs have without popping the hood? obviously the GT5.0 will have the beautiful "5.0" badge on the side, but for the regular V6 vs. the Ecoboost--is there a way? I'm assuming not.
The Mustang 2.3L will have an EcoBoost on the right rear side, whereas the V6 has none.

Also most EcoBoost Mustangs come with the 18" Magnetic gloss painted/machined aluminum wheels, whereas most V6s come with the 17" Sparkle Silver or 18" Black Foundry painted aluminum wheels.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
The Mustang 2.3L will have an EcoBoost on the right rear side, whereas the V6 has none.

Also most EcoBoost Mustangs come with the 18" Magnetic gloss painted/machined aluminum wheels, whereas most V6s come with the 17" Sparkle Silver or 18" Black Foundry painted aluminum wheels.
Ah-ha! I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Although i just skimmed a couple of reviews from Car & Driver and Jalopnik on the ecoboost mustang, and they said it's surprisingly true to form and still very Mustang. Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco

Sorry, that should have read "The Mustang 2.3L will have an EcoBoost badge on the right rear side".

The 2.3L when also paired with the Premium package makes the Mustang a great ride!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:03 pm

I cannot believe that they are still running the 2006 shape Impala's as FCAR's. The lady at the desk said ooh you've got an Impala that's a good sized vehicle, and I was looking forward to jumping into my new shape Impala which I have heard good things about. To my disbelief I arrive at D27 bay at MIA and sitting in front of me is a white, basic trim Impala on Louisiana commercial plates. Straight outta 2006. I get in and my first impressions is that my wheelie bin is made out of better plastics than inside. Positives : the engine is great (3.6 litre 305hp), however it handles like a boat and stopping is a definite issue. Still in disbelief that fleets are still buying these, there were a good 10 of them in the lot at MIA. Wouldn't have minded so much if I'd have got a higher trim level but mine had a hard abrasive plastic steering wheel that's actually given me a blister, horrible. Remind me to rent PCAR next time to avoid these!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j4ck100
I cannot believe that they are still running the 2006 shape Impala's as FCAR's. The lady at the desk said ooh you've got an Impala that's a good sized vehicle, and I was looking forward to jumping into my new shape Impala which I have heard good things about. To my disbelief I arrive at D27 bay at MIA and sitting in front of me is a white, basic trim Impala on Louisiana commercial plates. Straight outta 2006. I get in and my first impressions is that my wheelie bin is made out of better plastics than inside. Positives : the engine is great (3.6 litre 305hp), however it handles like a boat and stopping is a definite issue. Still in disbelief that fleets are still buying these, there were a good 10 of them in the lot at MIA. Wouldn't have minded so much if I'd have got a higher trim level but mine had a hard abrasive plastic steering wheel that's actually given me a blister, horrible. Remind me to rent PCAR next time to avoid these!
Unfortunately, I was just as excited for the new Impala. I had one at MSY a few months ago. It was VERY basic inside and felt about as cheap as the old model. And it had a horrible grinding noise when I turned; I didn't make it more than a couple miles before returning it.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:08 pm

Boston rental

Hi guys!
I will be renting from Avis (Boston, Claredon street) for the first time this summer from the end of July until the beginning of September.
I booked a premium vehicle and was wondering what I could be expecting?
Does Avis offer muscle cars (Challenger/Camaro) as premium vehicles?
What other cars would you recommend and how can you try to opt for a certain vehicle? Can you just ask at the counter?
Your help is very much appreciated!
Greetings from Switzerland
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:36 am

travling to orlando (MCO) soon and rented a premium car from budget. anyone know what the premium cars in orlando (MCO) are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.