Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 2:39 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

There are 28 Avis locations in the US that rent the G35. They are all in the XD class.

There are 66 locations in the US that rent the M35 and they are split between the XW and XF classes.

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I haven't seen an FX in a long time at Avis. I'd expect, though, that it would be a Specialty Vehicle. It *might* fall into the Premium SUV (L) but that's usually reserved for larger SUVs with seating at 7+, not smaller crossovers.

Also, unfortunately, I haven't seen an M in a while. They were the beauty of the Avis fleet when they were around at select locations.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:15 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baseline
There are 28 Avis locations in the US that rent the G35. They are all in the XD class.

There are 66 locations in the US that rent the M35 and they are split between the XW and XF classes.
Good to know... and I'm curious how you do know this. Do you work for Avis somehow?

I must just be going to the wrong places (or the wrong times) because I've not seen an M is probably 18 months and only a G at ATL a few weeks ago.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:04 pm

No, I don't work for Avis. I will however soon be launching as website designed to help people save money on car rentals. We will also have some unique functionality and content around locating specific car types and car rental locations.

I'll provide more details in the next month or so once the site is online. In the meantime, if you have any questions on what types of cars are available where, just ask.

Jonathan

Good to know... and I'm curious how you do know this. Do you work for Avis somehow?

I must just be going to the wrong places (or the wrong times) because I've not seen an M is probably 18 months and only a G at ATL a few weeks ago.
Old May 9, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
Do you know if Avis in PHX has the G37 or G35 available?
Old May 10, 2010, 8:34 am

IAHtraveler - The smart car is currently rented at PNE (Philadelphia - 2000 Arch St). The couple of times I've rented from there, it's either at or below the subcompact price, although marketed as a cool car. It also seems to have started at around the compact-midsize price when they first got them several months ago, but over time the price has gone down.

I don't have a review of their car, but I drove a smart passion when PhillyCarShare had them, and there's a reason they are available for so cheap. I picked it up thinking it would be like a MINI, but it had simply atrocious handling, acceleration, and felt kind of cheap inside. I wouldn't recommend it for anything, and would give a strong 'NO' to anyone who was going to drive it on the highway.
Old May 10, 2010, 8:51 am

One other thing to add, I know Budget/Avis pool their fleets, but I saw these in Budget spots @ 30th st. Station Philadelphia (PH4). If that matters, then disregard this post.

Anyways, Budget had several Kia Forte's in the midsize category, as well as a barebones Nissan Sentra in the compact category (by barebones, I mean there wasn't even cruise control in it; I had to ask for a different car).
Old May 10, 2010, 9:12 am

There are a number of them available in NY and BOS (as well as elsewhere). The rates on them are generally below a subcompact (sometimes substantially).

Originally Posted by lowfareair
IAHtraveler - The smart car is currently rented at PNE (Philadelphia - 2000 Arch St). The couple of times I've rented from there, it's either at or below the subcompact price, although marketed as a cool car. It also seems to have started at around the compact-midsize price when they first got them several months ago, but over time the price has gone down.

I don't have a review of their car, but I drove a smart passion when PhillyCarShare had them, and there's a reason they are available for so cheap. I picked it up thinking it would be like a MINI, but it had simply atrocious handling, acceleration, and felt kind of cheap inside. I wouldn't recommend it for anything, and would give a strong 'NO' to anyone who was going to drive it on the highway.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:28 am

I don't see any in PHX as per their reservation system, but it's possible that there are some there that are just not listed. Incidentally, you won't see a G37 on Avis' website. There have been reports of them in LAX, but they don't seem to show up as bookable as one of their "Cool Cars" for some reason. I have only seen G35's in their system.

Originally Posted by ECKOA6
Do you know if Avis in PHX has the G37 or G35 available?
Old May 11, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
I am renting at AVIS IAD and being the first US rental at AVIS, I thought I'd better ask some questions regarding the car to avoid dissappoinment. I know a lot of info is on this forum, but some outdated, and I really couldnt face the dissappointment of the rental I had at FRA Germany (i was "upgraded" from an Audi to an Opel )

It will be just me with 2 carry on bags, and I intend buying 2 macbooks and maybe an iPad whist in the States so Trunk space not too important.

I am also not concerned at all about Gas price (company paying) ^

I am a Presidents Club member (dont know how the USA handles foreign Pres club members) and have reserved a Group D - Ford Fusion or similar

What car can I expect? Should I request anything in particular? I would like cruise control and Sirius XM, driving 1800 miles in 7days.
Do you think I should order a higher category car, or hold thumbs for an upgrade?

PS: the camaro SS sparked my attention!!
Old May 11, 2010, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
I am renting at AVIS IAD...

It will be just me with 2 carry on bags, and I intend buying 2 macbooks and maybe an iPad whist in the States so Trunk space not too important.

I am a Presidents Club member (dont know how the USA handles foreign Pres club members) and have reserved a Group D - Ford Fusion or similar

What car can I expect? Should I request anything in particular? I would like cruise control and Sirius XM, driving 1800 miles in 7days.
Do you think I should order a higher category car, or hold thumbs for an upgrade?

PS: the camaro SS sparked my attention!!
A few notes:
1. With that much in electronic goods, I'd push for a sedan/coupe with a trunk (not an SUV or crossover) so that potential thiefs cannot see into your cargo and see that you've got lots of goodies in there.
2. I can't comment specifically on foreign PC memberships, but I wouldn't see why IAD wouldn't recognize it.
3. If your PC is honored, you're entitled to a 2 car class upgrade (Standard->Full Size->Premium). So have a look at the 'premium' cars on the beginning of this thread. You could always hope/ask for a luxury (Caddi or a specialty car). Asking doesn't hurt! As always, upgrades are 'as available' so no promises from anyone.
4. I think ALL cars in the US have cruise control, except some bare-bones entry level cars (think tiny Kia's, etc). Sirius/XM will depend on the car you get, as it's an option for most cars these days.
5. If I were you, I'd try to get something large/fun... My preferred order (if I were you) would probably be something like: Any Infiniti, Cadillac STS, Caddi CTS, Ford Taurus, Lincoln MKZ, Lincoln MKS, new Hyundai Sonata, etc. If you don't get upgraded, I'd ask for the Fusion (or it's twin, the Mercury Milan) as they are quite fun cars!
6. Leave the Camaro base (LT) behind. Sure it looks cool, but is a crummy car. The SS is a lot more fun, but still nothing that I'd want for 1800 miles. Maybe a short weekend around town, but not much more than that.
7. If they have a Nissan 370z, take that above anything else (in my opinion). It's small, handles well, looks great and usually has some nice options, so long as you're looking for something sporty.

Feel free to ask anything else & have fun over here!
Old May 11, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
A few notes:
1. With that much in electronic goods, I'd push for a sedan/coupe with a trunk (not an SUV or crossover) so that potential thiefs cannot see into your cargo and see that you've got lots of goodies in there.
2. I can't comment specifically on foreign PC memberships, but I wouldn't see why IAD wouldn't recognize it.
3. If your PC is honored, you're entitled to a 2 car class upgrade (Standard->Full Size->Premium). So have a look at the 'premium' cars on the beginning of this thread. You could always hope/ask for a luxury (Caddi or a specialty car). Asking doesn't hurt! As always, upgrades are 'as available' so no promises from anyone.
4. I think ALL cars in the US have cruise control, except some bare-bones entry level cars (think tiny Kia's, etc). Sirius/XM will depend on the car you get, as it's an option for most cars these days.
5. If I were you, I'd try to get something large/fun... My preferred order (if I were you) would probably be something like: Any Infiniti, Cadillac STS, Caddi CTS, Ford Taurus, Lincoln MKZ, Lincoln MKS, new Hyundai Sonata, etc. If you don't get upgraded, I'd ask for the Fusion (or it's twin, the Mercury Milan) as they are quite fun cars!
6. Leave the Camaro base (LT) behind. Sure it looks cool, but is a crummy car. The SS is a lot more fun, but still nothing that I'd want for 1800 miles. Maybe a short weekend around town, but not much more than that.
7. If they have a Nissan 370z, take that above anything else (in my opinion). It's small, handles well, looks great and usually has some nice options, so long as you're looking for something sporty.

Thanks so much for the quick and comprehensive answer - going to try for an infiniti! one more question will the fact that i'm dropping the car off at JFK affect the car offered?
Old May 11, 2010, 11:19 am

5. If I were you, I'd try to get something large/fun... My preferred order (if I were you) would probably be something like: ... new Hyundai Sonata, etc. If you don't get upgraded, I'd ask for the Fusion (or it's twin, the Mercury Milan) as they are quite fun cars!

1) Are you saying Avis/Budget has the redesigned Sonata already? (Woot if they do!)

2) What is the difference between standard and full size? I've NEVER seen a price difference between the two, and just thought standard was for those who were required to take the 'standard' car, just as most hotels have a standard room listing that's identical to the '1 King', 'Two Queens', etc. room listing.
Old May 11, 2010, 1:48 pm

Feel free to ask anything else
Major regret I know Sorry but it looks like a broke my original reservation

I was playing around with codes and tried some discount codes on my booking, I got a good rate and modified my reservation.

This reservation now says "The Rate code you entered has restriction at the country level and can not be used for this reservation." and the reservation can no longer be viewed or modified.

I tried to make a new booking and it says:

"The pick-up location entered is Sold Out for the dates you have entered. The following nearby locations have availability. Note: If attempting a one-way, please consult with the Avis location to determine if a one-way is possible. "

PLEASE HELP

If I make a new reservation but choose return at same location it works fine, but since Im flying out of another airport I cant do that. What happens if you say return to same location, but drop off the car at another avis?
Old May 12, 2010, 4:50 am

Question for Class D

Hello all,

i got a prepaid reservation for a pickup at MCO september 13 thru 22.

Booked class : D

Booked trhu : avis.de

I am a avis preferred but recently no status.

My question is, what kind of car can I expect? Avis fleet says standard car, chevy monte carlo or similar, some people say I can expect also a mustang or camaro.

Is that true?

Best regards from Germany,

Andre
Old May 13, 2010, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by huthfellow
Hello all,

i got a prepaid reservation for a pickup at MCO september 13 thru 22.

Booked class : D

Booked trhu : avis.de

I am a avis preferred but recently no status.

My question is, what kind of car can I expect? Avis fleet says standard car, chevy monte carlo or similar, some people say I can expect also a mustang or camaro.

Is that true?

Best regards from Germany,

Andre
The Monte Carlo hasn't been made in several years in The States, so that model is out of date. In the US, a D category is listed as a Ford Fusion... quite a nice car. A base Mustang or Camaro (both disappointing cars without a nice upgrade package) would be disappointing in my opinion. I can't comment on what to expect as that varies highly depending upon when you get there, what their fleet looks like that minute and who is working. At MCO, my suggestion would be to go to the rental garage & take a look around to see something you like and is reasonable on a D class (think full-size or *maybe* premium, not Caddi, though). Then go to the agent and see what they have for you (the Preferred booth is in the garage). If it's not what you want, kindly say "I saw a (car type) in space (x)... would it be possible to get that instead?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.