Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmiles
I have completed my $6K in grocery spend for 2015.
My next statement closes the second week of December. After that closing date, can I begin my grocery spending for 2016, or should I wait until January 1st?
I would bet it's based on transaction date, so I'd just give the card a break until Jan 1. I mean it's only 2 weeks.

I still have another $1600 to finish off...
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
For me new ED, I can see on my card where it says my Pending Points.

Is there some way to see using the Amex site how many points per transaction I earned, and how the 20% multiplier factored in? Is there any sort of breakdown like Chase, which does it by transaction, or Citi, which does it by total bonus category? All I see right now in the Pending Points is that I got ~3.4K points from spend, and 25K from the bonus.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pritomd
Is there some way to see using the Amex site how many points per transaction I earned, and how the 20% multiplier factored in? .
You will be able to see this after the points post, not while they are still pending.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
  • Login to americanexpress.com
  • Click: Available Points (just to the right of the MR balance)
  • Click: Activity Detail tab
  • Click: [+] to expand an entry
  • Click: See Card Bonus Detail

Pending points can be seen on the Summary tab, but this view is not available while the points are pending, you need to wait until they have posted.
Ever have online trouble seeing the expanded line for bonus details? I can see the expanded for the 50% but when I click on line for See Card Bonus Detail all I get is a strip 1/4" wide x 4". I can see that the lines scroll but the full page doesn't appear.

I've been trying all day to figure how AE came up with my current accounting of points. Balance was $6,083.49. $2,383.38 was grocery. Every transaction on the statement was in the details for the 50% list of 46 transactions. If I take away the $95 annual fee I get base points of 5,988 which coincides with AE's calculation of 5,987. But for the 3X bonus AE only gives 3,756. I calculate 4,766. 1,010 pt. difference. Do you think they figured one of my grocery charges as a GC?

Last edited by gardengirl; Nov 21, 2015 at 6:14 pm
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Question about the EDP/ED multipliers.

For Ubers, they offer an additional point per dollar, so 2X total. Say we have an EDP...does the swipe bonus take this into account? Or is the swipe bonus only on the 'native' point earning, which is nothing (i.e. 1x on taxi)?

In much simpler terms, for Uber with EDP swipe bonus, do you only get 2 points per dollar or 3 points per dollar?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I understand the $6k limit for 3x on the EDP is per calendar year, but does anyone know if it's $6k per Jan 1 - Dec 31, or if it's December 2014 statement date - December 2015 statement date (for example)?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by gardengirl
Ever have online trouble seeing the expanded line for bonus details? I can see the expanded for the 50% but when I click on line for See Card Bonus Detail all I get is a strip 1/4" wide x 4". I can see that the lines scroll but the full page doesn't appear.

I've been trying all day to figure how AE came up with my current accounting of points. Balance was $6,083.49. $2,383.38 was grocery. Every transaction on the statement was in the details for the 50% list of 46 transactions. If I take away the $95 annual fee I get base points of 5,988 which coincides with AE's calculation of 5,987. But for the 3X bonus AE only gives 3,756. I calculate 4,766. 1,010 pt. difference. Do you think they figured one of my grocery charges as a GC?
I have the exact same problem. The skinny strip is annoying. Amex have to fix that. My total points of 4,025 supposed to be posted, but I only got 50% bonus of 2,050 posted. I'm going to call them tomorrow why my base points are not posted if the 50% bonus is there. Doesn't make any sense. I do not think they check for gift card purchases. I buy sometimes not for ms, they are all there in the point summary. I love this card, but the way Amex handles these points is annoying. So many tidious rules.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pritomd
Question about the EDP/ED multipliers.

For Ubers, they offer an additional point per dollar, so 2X total. Say we have an EDP...does the swipe bonus take this into account? Or is the swipe bonus only on the 'native' point earning, which is nothing (i.e. 1x on taxi)?

In much simpler terms, for Uber with EDP swipe bonus, do you only get 2 points per dollar or 3 points per dollar?
Interesting. I thought surely the bonus would apply on the full 2x but it seems that isn't the case. In fact, Uber seems to earn 2x with no bonus, not even 50% bonus on the base 1x.

One month I earned 21,724 MR, 29 of which came from Uber 2x ($14.xx fare). Obviously I'm not a big Uberer . Anyway, the next month the 50% bonus posted as 10,848. 50% of 21,724 is 10,862, so I actually got 14 points less than expected, and the only rational explanation for that is that I did not get the 50% for the 29 MR earned via Uber.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:55 am

50% Extra Bonus Tracking Tool Problem

Does anyone else have a problem with the purchases tracking tool?

Mine is only showing pending purchases and 0 posted ones.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by touristtrap

My billing cycle closed a week ago and the MR's from the previous statement haven't posted, plus the purchase tracker is still showing that I qualified last month but isn't showing progress towards this month.

Perhaps there's some sort of computer glitch at the moment that's stopped them updating?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Olly-
My billing cycle closed a week ago and the MR's from the previous statement haven't posted, plus the purchase tracker is still showing that I qualified last month but isn't showing progress towards this month.

Perhaps there's some sort of computer glitch at the moment that's stopped them updating?
I am facing the exact same problem right now. I'm guessing there's some sort of computer glitch?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AB Platinum :( , AS 50K, Hilton Diamon, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Same problem here, and online chat has been, shall we say, less than helpful in trying to find out why the tracker is broken
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap

I've been having the same problem since the beginning of the month. It seemed to start working again yesterday, but failed to account for a number of posted transactions. Made a couple of attempts to deal with customer service, by chat, Twitter, and then phone--got nowhere. The reps I reached failed to grasp the problem.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:54 pm

Still not fixed.

I'll try to call 1-800-528-4800 (tech support) next week if not fixed.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

More disturbingly, I loaded Serve to trigger the minimum spend bonus (it usually works), but the points have yet to post to pending. I'm now wondering if it's a system-wide AMEX computer glitch, or did loading Serve stop counting. Anyone care to weigh in on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.